Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PAINT - Here comes the Summer Sun (hopefully)!

• 03-05-2021 9:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I promised I'd run a paint game back at the end of Feb, so now that RL is out of the way ;) I'm striking while the iron is hot - I have shamelessly stolen lots of Ecto's last OP :o

What is Paint?

It is a chain game. You sign up to either describe or paint or if you don't mind which you do. Your host (me) chooses an image and sends it to the first describer in the chain. They then PM a 10 word description of the image to me.
    I send that description to the first painter in the chain. They use that description to paint a masterpiece (using MS Paint or similar). When they have completed their painting, they send me a link to their image which I then pass on down the chain to the next describer.

It's hilarious fun - see here :)Easter(ish) Paint Reveal

Sign up on below and say if you prefer to describe or to paint. Nothing more to do until I send you a description or image via PM to inspire your poetry or art! :D

I'll put a link to free image hosting for the painters, if needed, when we have a chain ready :)

Probably aim to start the art in mid May if we have enough links...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭nothing

I'm in, as painter please :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Woohoo! I get to play. I'm in to do either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I still don't have the nerve to paint :o

Can I describe, pretty please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

In as a painter.

Put me second last painter in the chain please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

In, as describer please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,553 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I can do either

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Edser

In. Would prefer to describe, but could possibly paint if you're stuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm in, as a describer please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Well I was setting up a spreadsheet to score some 90s europop (that and getting stabbed by a Pfizer needle are my only Tuesday plans), might as well open a paint chain tab now too so I don't mess up the requests :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

I'll play, describer please

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Describer, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Ari101, count me in... can you place me at the end if possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In , describer please if that's ok .

HeyV wrote: »
    Ari101, count me in... can you place me at the end if possible?

I will aim to get everyone where they want to go - Last last, as in painting? :D

ari101 wrote: »
    I will aim to get everyone where they want to go - Last last, as in painting? :D

Yes, if possible. Work will constrict me a bit for the next couple of weeks :(

HeyV isn't allowed to do anything BUT paint, going by their last (first?) effort!!!

I've done first, and middle, describer, so last-ish or towards the end would be nice - but anywhere will do!

Yes, if possible. Work will constrict me a bit for the next couple of weeks :(

We welcome all participants, even if they might be somewhat slow painters... you just need to prepare for gif slagging if you are slow... :pac:

We welcome all participants, even if they might be somewhat slow painters... you just need to prepare for gif slagging if you are slow... :pac:

Bring it on!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭fixXxer

In for either, old bean.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭EEFGGFEDCCDEED

Hi Could I join as a describer please? :)

• Advertisement

Describer please Ari! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

Count me in too please! Happy to paint again :pac: Dogs, stick people, goatlings, parachutists, whatever :D

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Mam... will you PLEASE paint someday? :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

ari you're gonna have to do two chains here :D

I'll do either now I've popped my painters cherry :P

Throw me down for either role, thanks. :)

Necro wrote: »
    ari you're gonna have to do two chains here :D

I'll do either now I've popped my painters cherry :P

Well we have 18 already! Woohoo :)

If we got to maybe 28 we could brave trying with two chains of 7 links, more would be better or they might be too short... Tell a friend ;)

No.

You're painting or you're not playing.

Well we have 18 already! Woohoo :)

If we got to maybe 28 we could brave trying with two chains of 7 links, more would be better or they might be too short... Tell a friend ;)

If you’ve 18 an hour or so after posting, this could be MEGA! ;)

Lob me in as a describer please :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

In, happy with either one

If you’ve 18 an hour or so after posting, this could be MEGA! ;)

I figured gatecrashing the reveal might get me a good early turnout, now let's hope people not only vote early, but also vote often :pac:

Can I say , I'm useless at drawing /painting , plus even if I did manage to upload imgur or whatever, how the feck do I attach the image in the pm , as I don't have that option on the phone?
    If ye figure that out I'll give it a go :o

Can I say , I'm useless at drawing /painting , plus even if I did manage to upload imgur or whatever, how the feck do I attach the image in the pm , as I don't have that option on the phone?

Imgur or equivalent creates a link to your pic and you just copy the link into the pm :D

At your discretion Mam if you wanna try painting, you are absolutely welcome either way! :)

I'm in exactly the same boat!.....

Maybe we could organise a mass tutorial for the technopictophobes among us :o

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I'm in exactly the same boat!.....

Maybe we could organise a mass tutorial for the technopictophobes among us :o

Right Heidi , I'm game if you are following Ari's instructions above , will we give it a go ?!

• Advertisement

Right Heidi , I'm game if you are following Ari's instructions above , will we give it a go ?!

:eek:

Can I let the vino wear off before I make a decision I (and everyone else!) might regret?

:eek:

Can I let the vino wear off before I make a decision I (and everyone else!) might regret?

No :D

And... it’s OFFICIAL! Mam is painting for the next game! :D

Once you can get the image location from imgur it's pretty easy for people to get the link to the actual image itself. If you have a link for example http:// imgur. com / xxxxxxxx (I've added spaces so I don't link random crap) the img file that would go into the tags is http://I. Imgur. Com/ xxxxxxxx. Jpg

Fair play, Mam, you'll smash it!

*HH tiptoes up to bed, hoping nobody notices.......

• Advertisement

[HTML][/HTML]
    Trigger wrote: »
    Once you can get the image location from imgur it's pretty easy for people to get the link to the actual image itself. If you have a link for example http://imgur. com / xxxxxxxx (I've added spaces so I don't link random crap) the img file that would go into the tags is http://I. Imgur. Com/ xxxxxxxx. Jpg

:confused:

I see the words, I know the words, but.......

[HTML][/HTML]

Tldr: upload it and grab the link when the page pops up and let others do the rest

Trigger wrote: »
    Tldr: upload it and grab the link when the page pops up and let others do the rest

Yes, this ^^^ upload it, copy link of open page when it loads, paste into PM :D (about as advanced as I am when it comes to upload sites :pac:)

Save the big grins , believe me , I can't paint but I'm up for a laugh and have no shame in hiding behind the anonymity of my name :pac:
    (I can always change my name after, can't I :p )

ETA,
    Thanks Ari and Trigger ,
    HeidiHeidi, no sneaking off , you're committed at this point too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

[HTML][/HTML]

I think it just sounds difficult when people try to explain it (like if someone asked you to explain how breathing works ; its gonna sound complicated, but everyone seems to manage to do it).

If you managed to set up a boards.ie account you already have all the technological knowhow you'll need to upload a picture to imgur and send the link to ari.

Save the big grins , believe me , I can't paint but I'm up for a laugh and have no shame in hiding behind the anonymity of my name :pac:
    (I can always change my name after, can't I :p )

ETA,
    Thanks Ari and Trigger ,
    HeidiHeidi, no sneaking off , you're committed at this point too!

Your username is already a lie anyway...

Nope , never a lie :)

Child 4 ...? ;)

source.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

I'm in! And I have a job now, so I'll have a lot more free time! I'll do either, but you've all seen me paint...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭Neowise

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement