Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub3k) of the week/day Part 7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,351 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That corolla is absolutely class. I'd love to have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Typically what's the most reliable brand in the bangernomics category? I need to pick up something soon and have no clue about cars

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Soulless though, Renault 18 was a pretty car in its day, the 5Turbo was mad fun and the Renault 4 was quirky and unbelievably useful, same would apply to PSA new French stuff does nothing for me

Sure most new cars these days are soulless. You would hardly say a VW Golf or Passat have a soul because they certainly do not or a Toyota C-HR or Rav-4 either.
    Renault do still make a car with character and soul the Alpine A110.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭pah

jobless wrote: »
    Typically what's the most reliable brand in the bangernomics category? I need to pick up something soon and have no clue about cars

Japanese

Ms

Something Japanese a Toyota or a Honda maybe even a Mazda.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
    Ms

That corolla is absolutely class. I'd love to have it.

I would not call it class. Its bug eyed ugly. It's like like a cheap camper from the side and the rear has elements in the lights of the Fiat Merea weekend estate so a mish mash of design and then there is that cheap plasticky dash and interior. Sure it will last and is in good nick but classy no way miles away from been class. A Megane was a nicer place to be back then or an Octavia even.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

No, it's actually pretty cool in it's own right, you just don't appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭slipperyox

that diesel has something like 74bhp.

Though I will say, having used one for years, I ran out of fuel outside a lidl, and bet you can guess the answer:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

The answer is none of the answered. Well, sorta.

The answer is a petrol. Then a Japanese.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

slipperyox wrote: »

Though I will say, having used one for years, I ran out of fuel outside a lidl, and bet you can guess the answer:cool:

You felt compelled to make chips when you got home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

bazz26 wrote: »
    Lads, it's a €450 car with 8 months NCT. Obviously would need to be given the once over by someone who knows what to look out for but at this end of the market if it drives straight, stops, isn't overheating or has any liquids leaking out of it then it's cheap motoring imo.

Theyre actually still a very nice looking car. The subsequent redesign with big ugly headlights ruined the sleek look.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 8,660 ✭✭✭CoBo55

slipperyox wrote: »

It stopped?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Lidl lent him a shopping trolley to get home?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,660 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Similar handling...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

That would be known as an upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If this is half as nice as the seller thinks it is, then it’s worth a go
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bargain-only-50k/28015409

This is all the money for a 1.8 Civic, but it’s low owners, low mileage and good spec.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic-2007-1-8l-petrol/27901258?campaign=3

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ltd440

Lads, I'm also looking for a bit of advice.
    My daughter is buying her first car, has to be an automatic, nissan micras is her first choice.
    Is there anything in particular that goes wrong with them that I should look out.
    Probably an 07 to 2011

colm_mcm wrote: »
    If this is half as nice as the seller thinks it is, then it’s worth a go
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bargain-only-50k/28015409

They are an absolutely gorgeous looking motor.

Wouldn't mind one in diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

There is a heap of stuff to like about those 1.8 Civics. Was very sad when told the pano roof didn't open ( deal breaker for me ) .

50k miles in 15 years on the Alfa.....hmmmmm !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭slipperyox

CoBo55 wrote: »
    It stopped?

Ha, your all just jealous cause tdi's would choke on cooking oil:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭dobman88

ltd440 wrote: »
    My daughter is buying her first car, has to be an automatic, nissan micras is her first choice.
    Is there anything in particular that goes wrong with them that I should look out.
    Probably an 07 to 2011

Unless there's a particular reason it has to be automatic, I'd suggest a manual for 1st car. Much easier to go auto from manual than trying to learn how to drive a manual after driving auto.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

dobman88 wrote: »
    Unless there's a particular reason it has to be automatic, I'd suggest a manual for 1st car. Much easier to go auto from manual than trying to learn how to drive a manual after driving auto.

Not everybody is able to drive a manual y'know

Ms

Theyre actually still a very nice looking car. The subsequent redesign with big ugly headlights ruined the sleek look.

Ye I think Renault were trying to make it look classier in the revamp and it did take a while to get used to but I don't mind them now. The MK III fixed it anyway by being even classier .

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭dobman88

Not everybody is able to drive a manual y'know

Yes, well aware. That's why I said unless theres a particular reason.

Edit: I only mention it because some people think it's easier to start in an auto but that only works if you plan on using auto for life imho. If theres a reason it has to be auto, that's the posters own business, I was just making a suggestion to save them having to learn how to drive a manual in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Two pictures on that alfa and one of them of the pedals for some strange reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Two pictures on that alfa and one of them of the pedals for some strange reason.

The seller states he will put more pictures up.

I think he is trying to convince potential buyer it is 50k miles car ;)

If they're original, near no wear on them....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

wonski wrote: »
    The seller states he will put more pictures up.

I think he is trying to convince potential buyer it is 50k miles car ;)

Right didn't read the description, I just looked at pics and was a bit disappointed that there was only technically one.

• Advertisement

ltd440 wrote: »
    Probably an 07 to 2011

Hyundai Getz, i10 or i20. Kia Picanto

Advertisement