Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ultimate family car 20k

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Not really, there's enough level headed people who understand the practicality of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

If I was the OP I would buy this
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/17-soul-ev-low-mileage-1-owner-example-/26962602

Kia Soul EV for just over 15k

Plenty of size, decent range especially for low mileage users, very low running costs, will keep its value much better than any ICE car plus you get that satisfaction from not poisoning your new baby with toxic fumes

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I see the motoring vegans have arrived.

Also did anyone read about 2 pages back? The OP has already bought a car they are happy with. Take the green wash campaign somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

bazz26 wrote: »
    I see the motoring vegans have arrived.

Also did anyone read about 2 pages back? The OP has already bought a car they are happy with. Take the green wash campaign somewhere else.

‘The deal is almost done’ does not mean he has already bought the car

And talking about EVs in the motoring forum is not a ‘green wash campaign’
    The newest EVs are simply better than ICE cars in almost every way and the OP specifically said that he doesn’t do much mileage so range anxiety should not be an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Range, size and costs are certainly not an area in which they're better. Anything approaching the size and space of an estate are scarce and extremely expensive in comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Akrasia wrote: »
    ‘The deal is almost done’ does not mean he has already bought the car

And talking about EVs in the motoring forum is not a ‘green wash campaign’
    The newest EVs are simply better than ICE cars in almost every way and the OP specifically said that he doesn’t do much mileage so range anxiety should not be an issue

From your last post below:
    Akrasia wrote: »
    If I was the OP I would buy this
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/17-soul-ev-low-mileage-1-owner-example-/26962602

Kia Soul EV for just over 15k

Plenty of size, decent range especially for low mileage users, very low running costs, will keep its value much better than any ICE car plus you get that satisfaction from not poisoning your new baby with toxic fumes

You didn't even ask the OP if they had the ability to charge an EV at home. And you were not simply talking about EV's on the motoring forum, you just went with the typical condescending preaching that alot of EV devotees come out with when they want everyone else to know and agree to their way of thinking as being right. If you want to preach about EVs being better than anything else then there is a dedicated EV forum where you can do that.

Advertisement