Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XI *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

shamco wrote: »
    Brian O Driscoll and Ken Doherty in the UK at the moment commentating. Hardly essential

Few things in life are truly essential. Can we start accepting non essential as ok again please.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Covid much like other contagious diseases we may not know were sick and in turn dont know were spreading it

In other words no ****s were given and we enjoyed life and hopefully that sort of mentality will return soon

So in other words the general public have control on who gets sick, go to hospital, or in ICU

Few things in life are truly essential. Can we start accepting non essential as ok again please.

I think they were trying a bad troll or they only say only essential people can do x and y

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭Sharpyshoot

Can we get Donegal people to wear masks during coitus.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,912 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

So in other words the general public have control on who gets sick, go to hospital, or in ICU

Without the general public how would the virus spread :confused:

• Advertisement

Can we get Donegal people to wear masks during coitus.

Each to their own. Whatever turns you on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Is this a trailer for a movie remake of George Orwell’s 1984 ?

It looks very creepy

• Registered Users Posts: 39,729 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Half dozen anti vax nuts being complete saddos is what I see.

Not surprised it has found it's way on here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭normanoffside

dalyboy wrote: »
    Is this a trailer for a movie remake of George Orwell’s 1984 ?

It looks very creepy

Covid1984

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

Boggles wrote: »
    Half dozen anti vax nuts being complete saddos is what I see.

Not surprised it has found it's way on here though.

It’s art, not my cup of tea either- but like all art it’s a case of take it or leave it.
    I thought the tone was expressing a view on restrictions rather than one on vaccination, guess it depends on the person watching.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,729 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

It’s art, not my cup of tea either- but like all art it’s a case of take it or leave it.
    I thought the tone was expressing a view on restrictions rather than one on vaccination, guess it depends on the person watching.

That wasn't the tone of the people that made it.

Link directly to the HSE under it may be a clue.

I'll leave it thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lmkrnr

How will may 10th easing of restrictions affect cross border travel. If intercounty travel is allowed will that include the other counties in NI?

charlie14 wrote: »
    Without the general public how would the virus spread :confused:

Thats my point the poster I was replying to originally the general population had no role in vaccination rollout (which is true) and Hospital numbers and ICU numbers (which they have).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭carveone

Poorside wrote: »
    If everyone acts like adults they're won't be a reason to get out the wooden spoon.

Which they aren't. Apparently kids sports in groups of 15 are allowed. Just walked by Portmarnock GAA fields - dozens of cars, adult matches happening, 30 or so men. Same guys I saw two weeks ago.

Sure, I'll now be accused of curtain twitching or what have you. But this carry on is what ruins it for the rest of us. They just can't let the kids get out for much needed running about without trying to elbow their way in..

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Glenomra

carveone wrote: »
    Which they aren't. Apparently kids sports in groups of 15 are allowed. Just walked by Portmarnock GAA fields - dozens of cars, adult matches happening, 30 or so men. Same guys I saw two weeks ago.

Sure, I'll now be accused of curtain twitching or what have you. But this carry on is what ruins it for the rest of us. They just can't let the kids get out for much needed running about without trying to elbow their way in..

Thanks for sharing that information. Brilliant to read that people are out enjoying themselves on a sunny day. Positive news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭carveone

Glenomra wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing that information. Brilliant to read that people are out enjoying themselves on a sunny day. Positive news.

Out enjoying themselves is not equal to "do whatever they want".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Out enjoying themselves is not equal to "do whatever they want".

They are hardly breaking into pubs to have a few drinks. Anyway thanks for sharing, great news to see people getting back to normality.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Well more positive news. Evidence to support a 50-60% vaccination rate (1 dose) helps suppress the Ro below 1 . Other significant difference between UK / Isreal and the US approach is that both the UK and Isreal have been pretty consistent in using restrictions to help reduce the rate of infection. The US not so much.

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1388509328185782277?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭shamco

People doing there job

They could just as easily do their job on zoom

• Advertisement

Thats my point the poster I was replying to originally the general population had no role in vaccination rollout (which is true) and Hospital numbers and ICU numbers (which they have).

Apologies. I got your post completely wrong. That last glass of wine probably didn`t help :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Deja vu anyone? Reminds me of last year the narrative and then back to national lockdown.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40279640.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭User1998

Great to see a bit of normality returning and seeing common sense prevail. The sooner shaming people for living their lives ends the better

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Deja vu anyone? Reminds me of last year the narrative and then back to national lockdown.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40279640.html

That's why I don't understand why people are confident that life will go back to normal post-vaccination. There's no evidence to suggest it will. One even hears talk of returning to a "new normal". I thought that's what this period was. So we'll somehow return to the new normal we're currently living through.

The UK has either reached, or is extremely close to reaching, herd immunity. And yet the talk is now of mask wearing and social distancing continuing indefinitely: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-news-live-covid-latest-b1840878.html (but it's more of the vague 'could' and 'might' talk). But it's hard to know what will happen in the UK because last week the talk was of masks being scrapped: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-face-masks-summer-restrictions-b1836658.html

Covid marshalls are being recruited by councils to work until 2022, and possibly until 2023: https://www.itv.com/news/london/2021-04-28/councils-recruiting-covid-marshals-until-2022-despite-plans-to-end-restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Why didn’t you confront these despicable human beings instead of scurrying off to boards to show how good and compliant you are?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Gortanna wrote: »
    That's why I don't understand why people are confident that life will go back to normal post-vaccination. There's no evidence to suggest it will.

You don't think the vaccines will work?

You're seeing evidence of them not working somewhere?

Something else?

Why didn’t you confront these despicable human beings instead of scurrying off to boards to show how good and compliant you are?

Nobody said they were despicable did they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Graham wrote: »
    Nobody said they were despicable did they?

I did. I mean they’re playing football for Christ sake!! How can they live with themselves?!

I did. I mean they’re playing football for Christ sake!! How can they live with themselves?!

Bit hysterical even on the sarc-o-meter.

It's a bit daft I suppose. If everyone decides to just ignore the restrictions now then we can hardly complain if dates start to slip back.

At the same time it's out doors so lower end of the risk scale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Graham wrote: »
    You don't think the vaccines will work?

You're seeing evidence of them not working somewhere?

Something else?

The vaccines definitely work. As for the social distancing indefinately i’d be calling BS on that one. At the moment vaccinated people are allowed to mix. Social distancing will fade away when more and more people get inoculated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement