Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

I’ve had an overactive gag reflex ever since a drinking game I was made to play on a stag do.

https://www.bt.com/tv/comedy/tv-comedy-bbc-this-time-7-questions-alan-partridge-steve-coogan

• Registered Users Posts: 85,507 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Just hit RTE 1 and they're showing "This Time", at this time. Should be on at prime time.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,507 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

sligojoek wrote: »
    Just hit RTE 1 and they're showing "This Time", at this time. Should be on at prime time.

Is it a repeat did they already air it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

"Hello, and welcome to the show that covers the full spectrum of human life

From Aqua Aerobics to Abortion, From Zebras to Zionism"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Did I just hear Partridge use the American pronunciation of "zebra"?

Next he'll be using a collective term for a single vehicle, or worse, drinking fizzy Benylin!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Alan after a pop out in his short shorts “the boys are back in the barracks “

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

He lined up the non-white people on the team and memorised their names :P

There's a BFI This Time Series 2 Preview Zoom discussion thing featuring Steve Coogan, the Gibbonses and Susannah Fielding

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Skid X wrote: »
    There's a BFI This Time Series 2 Preview Zoom discussion thing featuring Steve Coogan, the Gibbonses and Susannah Fielding

Nice find!

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    He lined up the non-white people on the team and memorised their names :P

See that's what actually annoys me. That would not be allowed on a BBC broadcast. Somebody would have said cut, and taken Alan aside. We get it: Alan is uncomfortable around non-white people and over-compensates for it, but could they not make that premise a bit funnier?

Oh god, I'm off again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Oh god, I'm off again :pac:

Seriously, you need a deep bath! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

"from aqua aerobics to Abortion"

sligojoek wrote: »

Or instead of prime time

Six minutes to new Partridge!

Viewers of RTE1, don't be conned by the overpaid Irish imitation version on at the same time tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,192 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Lots of close-up shots of his driving gloves :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

It's still a far cry from old Partridge. Overly animated, overly slapstick and far less subtlety.

In a former life, that SpokesMonk was the Minister who was provoked into declaring war in the Australian/Hong Kong trade dispute on The Day Today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Skid X wrote: »
    Six minutes to new Partridge!

Viewers of RTE1, don't be conned by the overpaid Irish imitation version on at the same time tonight.

HAHA!!! (sic)

tubs%20outside%2010%20crop.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Morgans

"Thousands of what....."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,207 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Morgans wrote: »
    "Thousands of what....."

Cats?

More of the same, that is, not funny at all. I laughed when Alan compared his nose hair to bracken, and thanked Lynn for loaning him her nasal hair trimmer. That was in the first minute of the show, and nothing after that made me laugh. Cock piss Partridge indeed: this is the worst he has ever been.

It's like there are now two versions of Alan: this one that makes no sense and is not funny,, and the audiobook/Oasthouse Alan which is still amusing and in line with the character's history and personality.

Lynn and Simon completely wasted, and the new characters are dull as dishwater. Strange decisions being made all around with this show. Money must be good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I enjoyed it overall. I thought it finished well. I'd like to see it slow the pace down a bit as the gags can be hard to keep up with at times.

More of the same, that is, not funny at all. I laughed when Alan compared his nose hair to bracken, and thanked Lynn for loaning him her nasal hair trimmer. That was in the first minute of the show, and nothing after that made me laugh. Cock piss Partridge indeed: this is the worst he has ever been.

It's like there are now two versions of Alan: this one that makes no sense and is not funny,, and the audiobook/Oasthouse Alan which is still amusing and in line with the character's history and personality.

Lynn and Simon completely wasted, and the new characters are dull as dishwater. Strange decisions being made all around with this show. Money must be good though.

I think that’s what it is , it’s a tangent to the canon

Still good though

Trying to shoe in the twins at the end was classic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Morgans

Old Alan died when the Gibbons got involved. It had run its course, Coogan tired of it, tired jokes.

I, for one enjoy the latest Alan and while this is no mid morn mat, there is plenty fresh life for an older Alan while being respectful to the pre-Gibbons stuff.

Jenny is beautiful, that’s all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Look who's back!

Hold on to your sides, they might just split!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Man it really saddens me to say this but I thought that was piss poor. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Duke of Schomberg

Man it really saddens me to say this but I thought that was piss poor. :(

I think the difference with this series is that there is a new writing team, in particular Armando Iannucci is no longer involved as co-writer.

• Advertisement

Look who's back!

Hold on to your sides, they might just split!

It's not real!!!

Advertisement