Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

it seems like Alan has a long lost brother in the U.S. and he's working as a mechanic
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

https://alan-partridge-celebrity-rumour-generator.netlify.app/

Try it. Funnier than a lot of his recent stuff tbh.

"Two things that will stick with me for all of my days: The death of my father, and the time I saw Bobby Davro de-seed enough peppers to feed the crew of a submarine."

"I was forever changed after seeing Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall climb a tree."

"Simple fact is: once you've seen Jim Bowen twerk you're changed forever."

:pac:
    That is incredible :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

"The most amazing holiday I ever had involved an evening watching Eric Bristow silently do a three point turn on a busy high street."

"One minute we're having a few quiet drinks in the pub, next thing you know it's 4am and I'm watching Ian Botham steal a garden gnome."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭steve_r

"Seeing Eamonn Holmes get a 'bikini wax' is the stuff of legend."

Yuck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

"Here's a bit of free advice for you: If you ever see Shakin' Stevens 'milk' a bull, it's time to leave."

• Advertisement

""I personally witnessed Lenny Henry circumcise a horse and one day, I will likely write a book about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Skid X wrote: »
    Back of the net! Thought it was Covid cancelled ages ago.

wonder will a certain Martin Brennan make a reappearance? or maybe some new oirish character

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

AHA! covid can get up de yard!

AS much as I am happy to see Alan back on our screens, it just doesn't work with this format. It makes no sense for Alan to be back on the BBC with a fairly high-profile gig, given his history and personality. There is virtually no reference to it in the Oasthouse podcast either. It's like there are two parallel Alan universes now and two versions of him. Very inconsistent writing. The only way it makes sense is if This Time is an extended Alan dream :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

AS much as I am happy to see Alan back on our screens, it just doesn't work with this format. It makes no sense for Alan to be back on the BBC with a fairly high-profile gig, given his history and personality. There is virtually no reference to it in the Oasthouse podcast either. It's like there are two parallel Alan universes now and two versions of him. Very inconsistent writing. The only way it makes sense is if This Time is an extended Alan dream :)

they've given him a second series, you shīt!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭furiousox

I was pretty sure Alan was sacked at the end of season 1? :D

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭biketard

I was trying to explain a scene to someone the other day where Alan was in a lift with Lynn and she was showing him a tap, possibly for his house renovation or similar. He tried it out and then said it didn't work (cos no water came out of it). Does anyone else remember this scene? There's a chance I'm remembering some of the details wrong and there's also a chance it was David Brent rather than Alan Partridge(!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

It makes no sense for Alan to be back on the BBC with a fairly high-profile gig, given his history and personality

Works for Tubridy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

biketard wrote: »
    I was trying to explain a scene to someone the other day where Alan was in a lift with Lynn and she was showing him a tap, possibly for his house renovation or similar. He tried it out and then said it didn't work (cos no water came out of it). Does anyone else remember this scene? There's a chance I'm remembering some of the details wrong and there's also a chance it was David Brent rather than Alan Partridge(!)

Could it be some Unused Alan? There are a lot of those unused scenes floating about on YouTube. Could also have been in one of the books!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

biketard wrote: »

rings a bell, presumably from IAP series 2 when he's building the house.

furiousox wrote: »
    I was pretty sure Alan was sacked at the end of season 1? :D

knowing Alan, i'm sure he has some salacious dirt on the producers ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

AS much as I am happy to see Alan back on our screens, it just doesn't work with this format. It makes no sense for Alan to be back on the BBC with a fairly high-profile gig, given his history and personality.

His career should've ended when he shot Forbes McAllister on Knowing Me, Knowing You with Alan Partridge.

w49yf.gif

But I suppose Noel Edmunds continued to have a successful career long after a guest died on one of his shows. And he was never brought to justice for the murder of Clive Anderson either.

• Advertisement

I'm sure Alan deserves it after struggling with his self-doubt:

"Would I pass muster? Would I cut the mustard? Would I pass the mustard?"

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Skid X wrote: »

As somebody who has been very critical of recent Alan, but has been reduced to now only watching old episodes of Only Connect and Jon Taffer's Bar Rescue during lockdown (because I've seen everything else worth seeing), "I must say I'm tremendously excited by all this". :D

it's going to be on at 9.30 on a friday night

...you know what that means don't you?

it's going to clash with our very own Alan Partridge

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

fryup wrote: »
    it's going to be on at 9.30 on a friday night

...you know what that means don't you?

it's going to clash with our very own Alan Partridge

Pat Kenny is the real Alan.

Alan is the host Tubbs could have been.

stimpson wrote: »
    Pat Kenny is the real Alan.

that's insulting to Alan, even Alan wouldn't go this far...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

fryup wrote: »
    that's insulting to Alan, even Alan wouldn't go this far...

That’s phenomenal stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

You are a big posh sod with plums in your mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Anyone watch F1? C4 have a new commentator, Alex Jacques, who sounds exactly like Dave Clifton. Thats saaaaaaaad!

• Advertisement

Alan on his love for true-crime podcasts:

“Nothing beats settling down with a glass of wine and a plate of sandwiches to be entertained by the ins and outs of a man found battered to death in a hedge”

Advertisement