Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punchestown festival 2021

Options
  • 25-04-2021 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭

It amazes me that Cheltenham has threads a year out and then individual threads for each day and then other great meetings.. nothing.

Rachael has taken the ride on Envoi for his clash against Monkfish on Tuesday, please god this goes ahead and there are no late withdrawals.

Would absolutely love to be going up for a few days but thanks to covid I'll be watching on a tablet in work instead. Hopefully we will be back on a course before the summer is out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

It amazes me that Cheltenham has threads a year out and then individual threads for each day and then other great meetings.. nothing.

Rachael has taken the ride on Envoi for his clash against Monkfish on Tuesday, please god this goes ahead and there are no late withdrawals.

Would absolutely love to be going up for a few days but thanks to covid I'll be watching on a tablet in work instead. Hopefully we will be back on a course before the summer is out.

I think most of the regulars here moved to a telegram forum for Cheltenham and didn't come back after it finished. This forum has been dead for the last month not worth checking anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Better line up than Cheltenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

A certain over zealous moderator had more to do with it than the telegram group lads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

A certain over zealous moderator had more to do with it than the telegram group lads

You back in telegram rog?

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    Better line up than Cheltenham.

I think there are some fabulous head-to-heads but not a lot of great racing as the fields are very small. For me most of these head to heads are a pure toss of the coin and most are even money or odds on so I will be watching but keeping my money in my pocket

Day 1 we have 3 grade 1s

Blue Lord vs Echoes in the rain - 5 runners
    Allaho vs Chaucon pour soi - 7 runners
    Envoi Allen vs Monkfish - 4 runners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

clevtrev wrote: »
    I think most of the regulars here moved to a telegram forum for Cheltenham and didn't come back after it finished. This forum has been dead for the last month not worth checking anymore

Lol, you have 6 posts in the forum since Gold Cup day and one is this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Spot on, along with posters on the verge of calling someone they disagree with a big poopyhead.

Shemale wrote: »
    Lol, you have 6 posts in the forum since Gold Cup day and one is this.

only stating the obvious and was not going to try and keep the forum going with just myself and the goat!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 The Hoarse Whisperer

clevtrev wrote: »
    I think there are some fabulous head-to-heads but not a lot of great racing as the fields are very small. For me most of these head to heads are a pure toss of the coin and most are even money or odds on so I will be watching but keeping my money in my pocket

Day 1 we have 3 grade 1s

Blue Lord vs Echoes in the rain - 5 runners
    Allaho vs Chaucon pour soi - 7 runners
    Envoi Allen vs Monkfish - 4 runners

Yeah some great matchups there alright. Looking forward to it.

Think Envoi will get the better of Monkfish. I get the impression Monkfish is a better horse at less than 3 miles so once Envoi gets this trip, and I think will, I think he will win. Hopefully we get a cracker either way.

akelly02 wrote: »

ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭finglashoop

akelly02 wrote: »

thats where all the winners are

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Looking forward to it but not the end of the NH season :(

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭PatrickDoherty

Interesting Paddy Mullins riding echoes in rain and Townend on bigger priced Blue Lord, Mullins had previously said Supreme winner was defintely heading here and its a NR, Doubt it takes on Bob Olinger either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Interesting Paddy Mullins riding echoes in rain and Townend on bigger priced Blue Lord, Mullins had previously said Supreme winner was defintely heading here and its a NR, Doubt it takes on Bob Olinger either.

Has there any mention of reasons behind Echoes of rains jockey booking? Must be owner driven. Seems very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Has there any mention of reasons behind Echoes of rains jockey booking? Must be owner driven. Seems very odd.

Why is it odd that Townend would have chosen Blue Lord over Echoes in Rain?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Why is it odd that Townend would have chosen Blue Lord over Echoes in Rain?
    Pay no heed to me. I had it in my head Jacob would be over with no racing in UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

actually I noticed that Townend had the ride on Concertista at Cheltenham, maybe he rides the Munir and Souede horses trained by Mullins and Jacob has the rest. Could be a owners thing actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Townend just on the better horse as normal.

Not so sure, dont rate Blue Lord myself think echoes in rain will hammer him with any sort of ride especially getting 7lb.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Not so sure, dont rate Blue Lord myself think echoes in rain will hammer him with any sort of ride especially getting 7lb.

Do you think Blue Lord would have finished 2nd at chelt?

• Advertisement

d00mk1n wrote: »
    Do you think Blue Lord would have finished 2nd at chelt?

Yes but I dont rate that supreme form the 2nd and 3rd are still running around Aintree.

Dont think echoes in rain is a top notcher but I'd be shocked if she cant beat Blue Lord even allowing for Paddy onboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Punchestown is a proper shambles when you looks at the amount of decent races. Wednesday is laughable for a supposed top class meeting

the Gold cup was looking interesting on Wednesday but it seems Minella Indo is out now with a bruised foot so another small field of 6

Punchestown is a proper shambles when you looks at the amount of decent races. Wednesday is laughable for a supposed top class meeting

you need a lot of quality horses to fill a 5-day festival with 12 grade 1 races. Also, it doesn't help that there are very few English horses other than Clan Des Obeaux, Epatante and that mad dog Goshen coming over to collect his £100k from Paddy Power on Friday. Although that said I don't ever recall English horses traveling over in any great numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Telegram, what is this mysterious thing you speak of???

I'm particularly interested in the bumpers for future stars ahead of next season. Gig in the Park is a horse that I am really looking forward to seeing on the track. He is entered for fridays concluding bumper and the master of Closutton has spoke very favorably about this french bred, during his stable tour commentary in November last year.

Im very excited about the champion bumper on Wednesday with Sir Gerhard, Kilcruit, O'Toole and Eric Bloodaxe all declared. Dont forget the mares bumper also on Wednesday, the Land rover bumper tomorrow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Toetohand

I'm particularly interested in the bumpers for future stars ahead of next season. Gig in the Park is a horse that I am really looking forward to seeing on the track. He is entered for fridays concluding bumper and the master of Closutton has spoke very favorably about this french bred, during his stable tour commentary in November last year.

Im very excited about the champion bumper on Wednesday with Sir Gerhard, Kilcruit, O'Toole and Eric Bloodaxe all declared. Dont forget the mares bumper also on Wednesday, the Land rover bumper tomorrow too.

Looks like the Crawfords have sold O Toole. Very impressive last time out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭kksaints

Monkfish vs Enovi Allen tomorrow is a race to savour. Would be inclined to side with Monkfish. The Champion Chase is also a fascinating prospect. If Allaho shows up in a similar form to last time out and the distance isn't a problem he'll win. Chacun Pour Soi is a very short price for a horse who didn't have any excuses at Cheltenham. Nube Negra is overpriced compared to him at 4/1.

bladespin wrote: »
    Telegram, what is this mysterious thing you speak of???

Its just a platform for Slattsy and Mig to argue about who has the bigger willy really

The rest of us just watch

Willy watch

• Advertisement

I lumped into The Priests Leap anti-post for the Stayers Hurdle before his race in Clonmel in early March. Won that at a canter at 2/7 under very soft to pure muck conditions.

Based on that performance he's certainly a stayer, and still available at 2/1. I don't really know if the change in conditions will impact him, but up against a very competitive field. Was with A Moore, but now with G Cromwell (no offence to Moore, but Cromwell is different gravy).

My head is telling me to lay off some of the bet, but I've decided he's going to romp home.

Advertisement