Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female Police officer stabbed to death in France

Options

Comments

But you also have to think about why these people are attacking and killing police. There is a reason, a motive. Motive is what police everywhere look for.

Do you care what the motivation of the ira and republicans here that murdered at least 23 gardai?
    Or were they just scumbag murderers?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

But you also have to think about why these people are attacking and killing police. There is a reason, a motive. Motive is what police everywhere look for.

Exactly this, and to be honest it's worrying BP doesn't seem to understand this given their profession

bubblypop wrote: »
    Do you care what the motivation of the ira and republicans here that murdered at least 23 gardai?

What was their motivation? Do you really not understand the connection between motive and action?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Of course I do.
    That’s why we have to understand the reasons why.
    Motive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 Loverlyhorse

Overheal wrote: »
    I think the point is that 1.8 billion followers, if the religion was the fundamental problem, not the radical extremism, then 1.8 billion people would all be radically violent sociopaths.

Anders Breivik also cited God. Does that put Christians all on trial for his massacre? Should Norway close its borders to all Christians?

Like I said, most people don't take their religion seriously and are hypocrites (aka moderates). "Fundamentalists" are a problem when there is a problem with the fundamentals. And the fundamentals of Islam are not pretty (infidels, jihad etc.) With an honest reading of the Quran, it is not hard to see how these extremists reach their conclusions. In fact, its harder to see how moderates ignore so much (but thankfully they do!).

Have you read the Quran?

• Advertisement

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Exactly this, and to be honest it's worrying BP doesn't seem to understand this given their profession

BP couldn't care less what their motivation is/was.
    Someone who murders anyone is a scumbag, someone who kills police is a bigger ducking scumbag to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Of course I do.
    Motive.

Are we looking for understanding though, or confirmation bias.

Are we looking for understanding though, or confirmation bias.

From learning what caused an attack/ murder you may be able to prevent another. Find out how they think and how they act.

Of course I do.
    Motive.

No, we do not.
    All those ira fcuked who killed gardai have absolutely no motive as far as I'm concerned.
    I don't care what they claim to be the reasons they did it.
    There is no justification and no motive.
    Just murdering scum. I wouldn't give them any excuses.

BP couldn't care less what their motivation is/was.
    Someone who murders anyone is a scumbag, someone who kills police is a bigger ducking scumbag to me.

We don't disagree that the perpetrators of these attacks are scumbags and that if they survive themselves then they should feel the weight of law hit them like a sledgehammer.

But motivation is absolutely key to not only determining what happened and why, but how to hopefully prevent similar occurrences in the future.

Are you really saying you don't see the link and importance of this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Wahhabism is behind most of these attacks. Blame Saudi Arabia for pushing it on people for years and funding schools all over the Middle East and now in Europe too.

From learning what caused an attack/ murder you may be able to prevent another. Find out how they think and how they act.

Can you give us some excuses that explain why ira men could justify killing gardai?

No, we do not.
    All those ira fcuked who killed gardai have absolutely no motive as far as I'm concerned.
    I don't care what they claim to be the reasons they did it.
    There is no justification and no motive.
    Just murdering scum. I wouldn't give them any excuses.

And the reason you try to get to know how and why they act is to catch them and prevent more attacks. That’s how policing works.

I find it frankly incredible that the political left (Overheal being a fine spokesperson for them) confidently ascribe racist motivations to police shootings in the US with no evidence (and where officers involved deny any racism), yet deny the role of religion in this and other killings even when the perpetrators are telling us their motivation was their religion!.

Can you give us some excuses that explain why ira men could justify killing gardai?

I’m looking at it from the other side.
    Why do you think police everywhere try to infiltrate groups?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    We don't disagree that the perpetrators of these attacks are scumbags and that if they survive themselves then they should feel the weight of law hit them like a sledgehammer.

But motivation is absolutely key to not only determining what happened and why, but how to hopefully prevent similar occurrences in the future.

Are you really saying you don't see the link and importance of this?

Easy to see how it's relevant; reckless to apply that sense against other Muslims, for no other sake than being Muslim.

Easy to see how it's relevant; reckless to apply that sense against other Muslims, for no other sake than being Muslim.

The vast vast majority of Muslims are against this type of behaviour.
    The people committing these murders have been radicalised. They are Muslims but radicalised and extremely dangerous.

Overheal - you so confidently deny this has anything to do with Islam. Have you read the Quran?

I’m looking at it from the other side.
    Why do you think police everywhere try to infiltrate groups?

We know why?
    To get information.
    I don't care to allow people to make excuses for their behaviour.
    No excuse for murdering police. End of.

And the reason you try to get to know how and why they act is to catch them and prevent more attacks. That’s how policing works.

It's amazing this had to be said. My 5 year old understands this.

• Advertisement

We know why?
    To get information.

Motive =/= Excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

o1s1n wrote: »
    The man with the knife, who plunged it into another person, is the least if it?

Yes, when the "liberals" continue to appease and bow down to the ideology that is doing this - it's given more radicals a platform and a pass to do this - long term more people get killed , if society had a zero tolerance approach to it, it would be nipped in the bud a lot more.

Which is only as laughable of turning every stabbing involving some radical extremist into an indictment on 1.8 billion adherents to Islam

What % of that 1.8 BILLION have sympathies with these attackers ?

We know why?
    To get information.

Of course there’s no excuse for murdering police but you have a duty to try to prevent the next attack. You have to understand your enemy and to do that you have to know why they do it and how they think. That’s what police try to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,173 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Like I said, most people don't take their religion seriously and are hypocrites (aka moderates). "Fundamentalists" are a problem when there is a problem with the fundamentals. And the fundamentals of Islam are not pretty (infidels, jihad etc.) With an honest reading of the Quran, it is not hard to see how these extremists reach their conclusions. In fact, its harder to see how moderates ignore so much (but thankfully they do!).

Have you read the Quran?

Fundamentalists of every religion are nasty people. A fundamentalist Chrsitian is going to be a dirtier piece of work than a moderate muslim (or moderate anything else for that matter). Fundamentalism is the enemy here, not Islam.
    Overheal - you so confidently deny this has anything to do with Islam. Have you read the Quran?

Have YOU?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

No, my arugment is with the person who puts it in "inverted commas" in order to pretend the actions of one person is a more reliable yardstick than the beliefs of well over one billion.

300 to 500 million muslims support violent jihad.

Of course there’s no excuse for murdering police but you have a duty to try to prevent the next attack. You have to understand your enemy and to do that you have to know why they do it and how they think. That’s what police try to do.

So what did they understand about the reasons that republicans murdered gardai?
    What insight into their motives did AGS gain, that stopped future murders of members?

So what did they understand about the reasons that republicans murdered gardai?
    What insight into their motives did AGS gain, that stopped future murders of members?

You should know that yourself.
    Many were arrested on the way to kill people.
    It’s the same with the criminal gangs in Dublin.
    The Gardai have infiltrated them.
    You already know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Some times an operation went wrong.

Sometimes conflict's are messy.

There was a standing order to all Volunteers that the Guards were not to be fired upon if at all possible. That was largely followed, at great effort and cost.

The knife man in France followed standing order in his green book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

There are motives for nearly everything.
    People can view those motives as wrong but they still exist.

Bubbly pop doesn't understand what the word motive means.

Advertisement