Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had a Covid 19 vaccine yet? - poll added 02/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

Any news on how you feel after getting it would also be of interest.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Things you worry about after getting the jab:

- Family and friends catching it
    - You scan the news for any hint of a new strain that might render your jab useless
    - You still might catch it
    - You are back to worrying about the original health issue that entitled you to the early jab in the first place...
    - You wondering about long term consequences of the Jab, although chances are I’ll be dead by then
    - You wonder how long it lasts and what happens then....

Yes of course it feels better, but not as much as you might think. At least the family members around me that have to go out to work etc feel less under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

utmbuilder wrote: »
    So some people have vaccines now, I guess now more than ever some are comfortable and not in so much fear apart from thinking about finances.

What does it feel like to watch the news cycle of news when your vaccine is protecting you? Is there complete disinterest in the daily news cycle dominated by covid? Or is it a hard routine to boot like when we use to all watch trump?

P.S I know they will have some mutant turtle strain when we are all jabbed for us to worry about but some peace will hopefully last for a while.

I’m not vaccinated and haven’t a worry in the world regarding COVID. Avoid the news like the plague, to me the media is the real plague during this crisis. All this “worry” people are going on with is just unnecessary stress they are allowing themselves to be afflicted with.

However, I do have one friend vaccinated and yeah she is, currently, quite relieved, will that last with all the news she listens to? Doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    You don't need to have had the jab to have a complete disinterest in the daily covid news cycle at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭aisling86

Yes - J&J
    gar32 wrote: »
    Any news on how you feel after getting it would also be of interest.

Myself and my husband (in our 30s) both got vaccinated yesterday from gp. We would have fallen into cohort 4 a number of years ago for bmi but not anymore. It was absolutely jointed there absolutely fabulous to see so many people there.

It was such a relief getting it as it was so unexpected to get a call. We had pfizer & we could both feel it going through & for about 2hrs we had strange pins and needles feeling in random places. Top of head, left leg etc.. bit of a sore arm this morning like someone punched us but nothing major at all.
    Back on 21st for round 2!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I got my first dose last week. Last week I went inside a shop for the first time since March 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Yes - Moderna first jab
    utmbuilder wrote:
    What does it feel like to watch the news cycle of news when your vaccine is protecting you? Is there complete disinterest in the daily news cycle dominated by covid? Or is it a hard routine to boot like when we use to all watch trump?

More or less the same, still wearing the mask a lot, still an enormous amount of uncertainty with this thing, I listen to a lot of news and current affairs anyway, so.... I'm not fully vaccinated yet, so.... We still don't know the full story with these vaccinations either, so..... And I rarely watched trump, what's the point in watching an a$$hole.... So all in all, more or less the same

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    aisling86 wrote: »
    Myself and my husband (in our 30s) both got vaccinated yesterday from gp. We would have fallen into cohort 4 a number of years ago for bmi but not anymore. It was absolutely jointed there absolutely fabulous to see so many people there.

It was such a relief getting it as it was so unexpected to get a call. We had pfizer & we could both feel it going through & for about 2hrs we had strange pins and needles feeling in random places. Top of head, left leg etc.. bit of a sore arm this morning like someone punched us but nothing major at all.
    Back on 21st for round 2!

Hi aisling

Are you living abroad??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

My father (77)got first pfizer jabb thursday,out jogging friday morning,no ill effects.
    My sister late (40's)got AZ early march,was floored for 2 days.
    Neice (26) got AZ and was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Kumejima

spurious wrote: »
    I got my first dose last week. Last week I went inside a shop for the first time since March 2020.

Why? You can still catch the virus? Even after the second one no? Seems kinda reckless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Kumejima wrote: »
    Why? You can still catch the virus? Even after the second one no? Seems kinda reckless.

Going into a shop is reckless?

huh

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Kumejima

I assume she is extremely vulnerable due to an underlying condition? Why else would you stay out of the shops for 13 months? If you're that vulnerable the safe thing would be to wait another 6 months at least, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

limnam wrote: »

huh

Well, if you've been cocooning all year, only to fall with the finish line in sight.....
    At least wait a couple weeks for the first dose to kick in

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

limnam wrote: »

huh

Incredibly stupid is how I'd describe it. Imagine having to explain it - I spent an entire year being really careful and then having had the first jab I through caution to the wind and decide not to hold out for another month to complete the process.....

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭aisling86

Yes - J&J
    gozunda wrote: »
    Hi aisling

Are you living abroad??

Nope in cork (county)

The next local village has been vaccinated a few weeks now seems they got a huge delivery at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    aisling86 wrote: »
    Nope in cork (county)

The next local village has been vaccinated a few weeks now seems they got a huge delivery at the time.

Ah ok. Just hadn't realised they were vaccinated people in their 30s yet - other than group 4 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Got my 2nd dose this morning (Not in ireland), the new freedoms that this will bring me will be exactly zero :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

Believe it or not I came up with this mad trick. Turn off the news and Covid goes completely away!

Had my 2nd dose today, Pfizer this time, 6 weeks after an AZ shot.

Guess that this is the best of both worlds :)

(Not in ireland)

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    I had the Moderna first dose at 16.00pm yesterday, from 20.00pm yesterday, I feel absolutely awful, I can barely walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Yes - Moderna first jab
    smurfjed wrote: »

(Not in ireland)

Will you be getting a second dose of either?

Nope, that’s it done.

OSLO (Reuters) - Norway will offer those who have received a dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine against COVID-19 to take an injection from an mRNA vaccine as their second dose, the health ministry said on Friday.

Norway on March 11 suspended the rollout of the AstraZeneca vaccine after a small number of younger people were hospitalised for a combination of blood clots, bleeding and a low count of platelets, some of whom later died.

It is now awaiting a report from a government-appointed commission due on May 10 on whether to resume its rollout, but this decision will come too late for those who received the AstraZeneca vaccine.

"A clarification about second doses is needed before the ... commission delivers its report," Health Minister Bent Hoeie said in a statement.

"Therefore those who have received a shot from the AstraZeneca vaccine will be offered second doses from (the vaccines developed by) Pfizer and BioNTech and Moderna."

Some 135,000 people, mainly health workers, received the AstraZeneca vaccine before its rollout was suspended.

Norway becomes the latest country to mix vaccines, together with Denmark, Finland, France and Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

I was bewildered by the news from China last january febuary. I'm twoshots since jan21 but I find the news reportage from India heartbreaking like the tsunami in 2004

• Registered Users Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Parachutes wrote: »
    Believe it or not I came up with this mad trick. Turn off the news and Covid goes completely away!

fake news!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,712 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Yes - J&J
    Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 32,242 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Yes - Moderna first jab
    abff wrote: »
    I had my first dose of the AZ vaccine on Wednesday. No ill effects so far.

I see that the UK guidance on the AZ vaccine is that the second dose should be administered between 4 and 12 weeks after the first one. The guidance here is that the doses should be at least 12 weeks apart.

Seems strange that contradictory advice is being given for the same product. Can anyone throw any light on this?
    I am booked in for first AZ Tues next week, my next appointment is 12 weeks after (this is in NI)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭harrylittle

smurfjed wrote: »

(Not in ireland)

is that not reckless mixing vaccines ..experimental vaccines at that ..why would the medical staff allow mixing vaccines

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭NSAman

Yes - AZ second jab
    is that not reckless mixing vaccines ..experimental vaccines at that ..why would the medical staff allow mixing vaccines

Seems many countries are trying this....

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭harrylittle

NSAman wrote: »
    Seems many countries are trying this....

I blows my mind that their mixing vaccines ...the risks their taking on peoples health ... and all experimental vaccines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭NSAman

Yes - AZ second jab
    I blows my mind that their mixing vaccines ...the risks their taking on peoples health ... and all experimental vaccines

In that case don’t take a vaccine.

That’s what free choice in this world is for.

Other people will listen to doctors and “experts” and make their minds up.

Advertisement