Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

JPLee wrote: »
    -We're considering it. Our headache all the time. But definitely, it will be higher than e-Niro and less than Model3.

Also waiting with interest. 77kWh RWD is directly comparable to ID.4 on those two criteria - people will do this. Please make this spec very affordable in order to get them on the road. When people see them they will be interested in them. Seen this already happen with the ID.4.

Is 510km confirmed WLTP rating or is it still "pending homologation" whatever that means?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 JPLee

fits wrote: »
    What sort of range will be on basic trim?

We're waiting for the final homologation. We hope it would be reached 510km (WLTP).

Also waiting with interest. 77kWh RWD is directly comparable to ID.4 on those two criteria - people will do this. Please make this spec very affordable in order to get them on the road. When people see them they will be interested in them. Seen this already happen with the ID.4.

Is 510km confirmed WLTP rating or is it still "pending homologation" whatever that means?

Thank you for your comments.

We're still waiting for the homologation result.

Regarding specification, there are a lot of constraints inside and outside. Anyhow, we know that this model is a super important one to change the Kia brand in the Irish market.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,674 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Kia and Hyundai. Possible step up to be market leader rather than an also contender.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Will Ireland get the GT version?

• Advertisement

stesaurus wrote: »
    Will Ireland get the GT version?

Yes!

But basic & medium trim will come to Ireland first, and GT will be later. (Sorry but it is beyond our hand)

unkel wrote: »
    Kia and Hyundai. Possible step up to be market leader rather than an also contender.

Thanks a million. I'll take it as a compliment.

Personally, I like Hyundai, but I reckon that Kia is better especially design perspective. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Yes!

But basic & medium trim will come to Ireland first, and GT will be later. (Sorry but it is beyond our hand)

Excellent, hopefully I can place an order for January of the GT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭carsfan2

The first EV6 for Ireland is supposed to produce in July.

This means it will arrive in September.

Anything you would like to know?

Do you work for Kia?
    Will Ireland get more poorly equipped cars than other markets to keep prices low?

carsfan2 wrote: »
    Do you work for Kia?
    Will Ireland get more poorly equipped cars than other markets to keep prices low?

When it comes to the less equipped option, there are two sides to every story.

As you know 'well-included options' means 'higher price'. Due to the high tax system in Ireland, our initial cost will be a huge burden to our final customers.
    (TMI) Nowadays we can't choose the options only which we want among the whole options list.

And some customers may complain if we include many options which will not be necessary to them.

BTW, do you think which model is the most poorly equipped in the Kia lineup?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

I wouldn't agree prices are low here. I think we're being ripped off :eek:.
    10% tarriff, Vat, VRT, NOx..............enjoy your drive!

stesaurus wrote: »
    Excellent, hopefully I can place an order for January of the GT

Just for your reference,

most likely GT will be 222 model.

Base & mid-trim (GT Line) will be 221 models.

https://worldwide.kia.com/eu/uk/en/ev6/reserve?cmpid=ev6_pre-reservation_uk

Kramer wrote: »
    I wouldn't agree prices are low here. I think we're being ripped off :eek:.
    10% tarriff, Vat, VRT, NOx..............enjoy your drive!

I agree prices of cars aren’t low here. I really meant will the importer remove features present in other markets so they can hit a particular price point they otherwise couldn’t due to our excessive taxes.

I agree prices of cars aren’t low here. I really meant will the importer remove features present in other markets so they can hit a particular price point they otherwise couldn’t due to our excessive taxes.

I think manufacturers quite often downgraded Irish cars to increase profits too. EVs were somewhat aloof, as they loaded in the extras to make them in some way desireable. Not many would have wanted a rudimentary Leaf 24 IMO & the Hyundai Ioniq came very well specked back in the day, even here for example.

The removal of the €5k SEAI grant will probably alter pricing or speck slightly at the €60k mark though.

I see the presumed Kia rep is now banned, but disappointing to see them mention Jan 2022 for the first EV6s here & 2023 for the performance model.
    Prices (from the UK link) look high too - they'll be in the €50k+ area & likely over €70k for the performance model.

For a Kia :eek:.

Have to say the looks of the EV6 are growing on me. Would love to see a head to head full on test between the GT and the Model Y Performance. On track and all. These are 0-60 in 3s cars. That's Ferrari / Lamborghini performance for relatively very modest money.

£40,895 standard.
    £43,895 GT Line.
    £58,295 "The hot GT".

It ain't gonna be cheap here.....that's the trend :(.

Kramer wrote: »
    £40,895 standard.
    £43,895 GT Line.
    £58,295 "The hot GT".

Corrected for Irish vat & currency exchange, they approximate to:

€48k
    €52k
    €69k

Not sure how incentives apply to the UK pricing now or how they'll work out exactly here, but a long way from the €25k Ioniq & Leaf days :eek:.

UK grant is now only GBP2,500 though and we still have our SEAI grant of €5k? Not sure how much the VRT is here on the entry level model, but it could well be cheaper than over there. Also they are all the LR in the UK, perhaps we are getting the SR here. With the "SR" for short range probably plenty for 95% of car owners.

I think the 5k grant is going in July on electric cars with retail prices over 60k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭cannco253

https://insideevs.com/news/505278/kia-33000-ev6-prospects-europe/

“It would indicate that this year, the South Korean manufacturer intends to deliver only about 10,000 units (11,000 to be precise) iun Europe. The production of the all-new Kia EV6 will start in mid-2021 (for both Europe and South Korea).

Let's recall that more than 1,000 reservations were reported in the UK alone (1,250 as of April 30).”

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Ricey3509

Saw this on Facebook:

The long-range battery ( short range not offered) which will give you up to 510km driving from a single charge is available with the following specification;

19” Alloys
    Vegan Leather Seats
    Drivers Power & Memory seats
    Passenger Power seat
    Heated seats & steering wheel
    Premium relaxation front seats
    LED Lamps
    Flush automatic Door Handle
    Navigation
    BCA (Blindspot collision avoidance assist)
    Power tailgate
    Subscription to Kia Charging Solutions – IONITY - Fast Charging
    EV6 Plus Long Range €47,525 (net of private customer EV Grants)

There will be an option available to further enhance the specification at an additional net cost of €4,000. This is our GT Line specification and will have the following additional features:

GT Line Pack
    20” Alloys
    Leather Suede seats
    Ventilated front seats
    PCA (Parking collision avoidance assist)
    RSPA (Remote Smart Parking Assist)
    SVM (Surround-view Monitor
    Head up display
    Sunroof

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Not bad kit on the standard one, and at Model 3 SR+ money. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

Wow, €47k net of grants... that's pretty punchy. Will buy another turf burning Sportage so!

sumo12 wrote: »
    Wow, €47k net of grants... that's pretty punchy. Will buy another turf burning Sportage so!

For EV pricing it's fantastic though. €5k more than a 2020 eNiro for a bigger car on a dedicated platform, 50km + range, RWD, new model with latest styling and all the interior stuff as above.

€10k more than a new Sportage Black. Maybe an EV5 or EV4 hatch may come out next year and be competitive against Sportage.

€10k more than a new Sportage Black.

Would be insane to buy a new diesel Sportage. It will have huge depreciation as there might be the odd stubborn fool still buying a diesel car new in 2022, nobody will anymore in 2026

The EV6 will be a much cheaper total cost of ownership car than the Sportage and that's just the financials

I hope the shorter range car is coming though, who really needs >500km of range (and is willing to pay a huge premium for it)?

Would be insane to buy a new diesel Sportage. It will have huge depreciation as there might be the odd stubborn fool still buying a diesel car new in 2022, nobody will anymore in 2026

The EV6 will be a much cheaper total cost of ownership car than the Sportage and that's just the financials

I hope the shorter range car is coming though, who really needs >500km of range (and is willing to pay a huge premium for it)?

Not me anyway. If we need a second car in years to come something like the Ceed Sportwagon PHEV would do. More EV estate cars would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bod71

On website now Base 50k with heatpump, GT Line 54.5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭cannco253

bod71 wrote: »
    On website now Base 50k with heatpump, GT Line 54.5k.

What’s with the “join the waiting list” if it’s due in October ? Are you realistically looking at mid 2022 for delivery given Kia’s previous shortages with Irish deliveries?

There’s always something better just around the corner...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

For EV pricing it's fantastic though. €5k more than a 2020 eNiro for a bigger car on a dedicated platform, 50km + range, RWD, new model with latest styling and all the interior stuff as above.

€10k more than a new Sportage Black. Maybe an EV5 or EV4 hatch may come out next year and be competitive against Sportage.

Seen a few of the Sportage black models around. They are nice in some colours like red or blue but not so nice in all black.

QUOTE Would be insane to buy a new diesel Sportage. It will have huge depreciation as there might be the odd stubborn fool still buying a diesel car new in 2022, nobody will anymore in 2026

Would be insane to buy a new current model unless you get a great deal as a new Sportage is due out next year. I think they will hold there value well for a while yet do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement