Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 33 BGW transfer thread

• 19-04-2021 10:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭

With city and spurs blanking looks like could be plenty of moves this week, a few injuries and knocks haven't helped a lot of teams
    Thinking of Son to Pulisic/ Greenwood, seems lot players not performing and these two might just kick on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Jota to Greenwood maybe....

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Thoughts on selling Kane? I think he could be out for a few weeks. With not having Iheanacho I may go Kane to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Might have to bring in a keeper. Currently have Lloris & Mendy who I got on WC for BB this week and the plan was to bank this week's transfer but had 2 flagged and had to take a hit. Will probably have to the same again as I have Laca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭COH

Have a pretty decent OR and a 20 point lead in my ML so thinking Ill do Vardy > Nacho and Son > Salah as main rival has both. Would also leave me with enough ITB for Cancelo > TAA for a -4 which Ive done a great job of convincing myself is a great idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Will sell 2 of my spurs players anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Rikand wrote: »
    Will sell 2 of my spurs players anyway

Spurs have great fixture till end of season, and with Jose gone may play more offensively

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Spurs have great fixture till end of season, and with Jose gone may play more offensively

Well, I was definitely planning to sell the non-playing defender I bought who had started the previous 6 games before but maybe Mason will give him a run out :)

Thank you for delaying my rage sell :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Craig Dawson out for an Inanimate Carbon Rod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Salah on paper looks the best captain this week but would need a hit to get him unless I sell Bruno for him and not sure about that. Don't think Newcastle will be pushovers now though after last weekend's result. Might just ignore Salah and do Digne to Trent instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭macraignil

Cresswell out for Alexander-Arnold just done with this weeks free transfer. Might take a hit to replace DCL if he is confirmed out before the deadline with the three players I have with blank game weeks already out.

• Advertisement

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Craig Dawson out for an Inanimate Carbon Rod

TimeRod_1200x1200.jpg?v=1574778959

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Son to salah and captain for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,036 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Keane to TAA probably. Double Liverpool defence.

But then I'll need to sell Jota. In hindsight, I should have brought in Trent instead of Jota a couple weeks ago, and it was a real snap decision at the time. Either Greenwood, Mount or Peireira.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,706 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have 2 FT this week and 4 players having no game and then doubts over Mendy and Cresswell. Would like to know more on the Kane injury, as others said they ha e great fixtures after and could have a new manager bounce. Will sell Dias for Coady/Saiss and then decide on whether to sell Kane or Son.

Was anything said after the game regarding Mendy/Kepa last night? Would take -4 to ship Mendy if Kepa was going to hold his place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Cancelo to TAA, going before the price rise tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭Xander10

A quick turnaround, Will wait to see if any new injuries tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Have Kane, Son, Dias and an injured Cresswell so can only field 10 for the BGW. Bit of a pain as I dont want to sell any of them but might be forced into it to get a full 11 out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,036 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Have Kane, Son, Dias and an injured Cresswell so can only field 10 for the BGW. Bit of a pain as I dont want to sell any of them but might be forced into it to get a full 11 out.

Have you much value tied up in Son?

Son -> Greenwood is an transfer and can switch back, or if you want to plan ahead Jrod.

Muahahaha wrote: »

Have the same 4 along with Forestor and Mendy and Davis of Villa so gonna be tough get 11 playing now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Fernandes and Mendy to Greenwood and Martinez. Taking a risk on Greenwood out scoring Fernandes over the rest of the season

• Advertisement

Fitz* wrote: »
    Have you much value tied up in Son?

Son -> Greenwood is an transfer and can switch back, or if you want to plan ahead Jrod.

yeah was thinking Son to either Rashford or Greenwood for that Leeds fixture and then back to Son again the following week. But its tricky as we dont yet have any solid information on the Kane and Cresswell injuries. Spurs are saying they hope he makes Sundays EFL final but they would say that anyway. Its an ankle injury he has and he was out for a month last season with similar and even longer with his ankle the season before. If it is a long term injury then now right before his BGW would be the best time to move him on.

Any Siggy love in here, thinking of bringing him in for Gundogan

2 FTs...thinking of holding both Kane and Son and going Dawson to Anybody and possibly Bruno to Greenwood....a high risk/reward move.

Will wait for more news though on Phillips and Jota

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

KM79 to the checkout please, KM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Just transferred Jota in for Lookman and 2 mins later I see on Twitter he wasn't pictured in training today ffs :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Want Greenwood in, currently have Havertz, Salah, Lingard, Son and Raphina

Son doesn't play obviously but if Kane is out for a while then I definitely want him for their fixtures, is losing Raphina the sensible option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Thinking about it. He will have a DGW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Was Sigurdsson starting mostly because DCL hasn’t been available and Richarlison needed a partner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Son doesn't play obviously but if Kane is out for a while then I definitely want him for their fixtures, is losing Raphina the sensible option?

Ye was very tempted by the son to greenwood route, but son has sheffield the next game so you have him in that, rapha great value but if you have the cash it looks an upgrade in short term especially with fixtures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

gammygils wrote: »
    Thinking about it. He will have a DGW

Will he play both games?

Have to wait on potential news about Jota and Raphinha before do anything.

Thinking Son to Salah maybe Raph to Greenwood as well.

Double Liverpool and United midfield though I dunno.

Mmmnn...have the funds for Jota to Siggy and Dawson to Dunk/Kinda/Coast.

Jota has looked a bit off the last couple of games and Liverpool still misfiring

Is Havertz worth keeping? They don't have the greatest fixtures coming up, rotation risk and still in Europe.

Took a sleepy -8 last night at 1am

Cresswell, sanchez and son out
    Maddison, dallas and PVA in

I had no value in son so hes easy to get back and the PVA is in anticipation of the DGW and sure at least he starts. After getting caught with just 2 defenders last week, I wanted starters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

As bad as Newcastle are, they've done well the last 3 games.

2-2 at home to Spurs, 2-1 away to Burnley, 3-2 at home to West Ham.

I'm looking at Raphinha to Jota but wary of the above. Will Jota be starting does anyone think? Already have Salah.

Newcastle still conceding which is a positive.

Liverpool need a win given getting CL football is all they have to play for.

• Advertisement

Think I'll do Kane to Vardy and Cresswell to Saiss with 2FT. Will move on Mendy for a hit if we get any word he's lost his place

I'm looking at Raphinha to Jota but wary of the above. Will Jota be starting does anyone think? Already have Salah.

Yep Newcastle no longer the whipping boys they were a month ago, ASM looked very lively v West Ham.

Tread carefully with Jota- he wasnt pictured in training yesterday so Id wait on Klopps presser before buying.If he is fit its still hard to know if he will start though he usually comes on at some point.

If he is injured its given me a huge headache, would have to take a -8 to get 11 on the pitch. Still have the free hit but reluctant to use it until the DGW in 35

I'm not sure about Jota meself between him not been seen at training yesterday and his form in last few games hasn't been great. Greenwood could be great differential but as most already have Bruno is two united Mids to many!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'm not sure about Jota meself between him not been seen at training yesterday and his form in last few games hasn't been great. Greenwood could be great differential but as most already have Bruno is two united Mids to many!?

Yeah, it's Greenwood or Jota for me.

No one else really interests me at that price.

Liverpool's fixtures are better than United's if keeping either for the long run.

Leeds Man United should have goals and i'd be certain Greenwood will get more minutes than Jota in the run in.

Liverpool's fixtures are better than United's if keeping either for the long run.

Leeds Man United should have goals and i'd be certain Greenwood will get more minutes than Jota in the run in.

I'd rather have Salah but means id have to drop Son or Bruno and there's major fear around dropping Bruno seeing as everyone has him!

What I might do is Greenwood for Jota and Salah for Son.

Then depending on what happens this week probably bring Son back in for one the higher-priced mids I have.

My only issue is it be another -4 and im already 44 points behind one me mates in our league ha.

• Advertisement

Any interest in the Siggy train?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Darksoul

Out of curiosity which wolves defender is worth having right now? Money is no option I just want a set and forget wolves defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Darksoul wrote: »
    Out of curiosity which wolves defender is worth having right now? Money is no option I just want a set and forget wolves defender.

I have Semedo and its worked out well so far, Saiss a good option too

Darksoul wrote: »

Coady or Saiss. Coady slightly cheaper but Saiss offers a bit more going forward usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

It's a boring transfer but I think Alonso out for Konsa for me.

Alonso looks like he won't start much and Chelsea's fixtures start to turn. He was always likely to be a 2 week WC punt. Can't afford to have a non-starter this week as I'll be lucky to get 11 out.

Konsa has a good fixture this week, and although Villa have looked shaky defensively lately he also has a double to come before the end of season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Looking at two options for a hit

DCL to Vardy
    Dias to Saiss

Kane to Vardy
    Son to Salah

Leaning towards option 1 as don't want to be Spurless for GW34. I know DCL has the double but at this stage he's a passenger in my squad and don't know what the story is with his injury either. Going without Salah could be disastrous this week but I just have a feeling that Newcastle won't be pushovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Morzadec wrote: »
    It's a boring transfer but I think Alonso out for Konsa for me.

Alonso looks like he won't start much and Chelsea's fixtures start to turn. He was always likely to be a 2 week WC punt. Can't afford to have a non-starter this week as I'll be lucky to get 11 out.

Konsa has a good fixture this week, and although Villa have looked shaky defensively lately he also has a double to come before the end of season.

Although just seeing the news of a potential Jota injury... May well use a transfer on him instead if there's a good option in his position that catches my eye..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Not going to hit. Son to Salah and that means I can bench Dallas in case Jota or Phillips get no minutes. Happy enough with 9/10 , 11 players is not a huge deal this week.

Looking at two options for a hit

DCL to Vardy
    Dias to Saiss

Kane to Vardy
    Son to Salah

Leaning towards option 1 as don't want to be Spurless for GW34. I know DCL has the double but at this stage he's a passenger in my squad and don't know what the story is with his injury either. Going without Salah could be disastrous this week but I just have a feeling that Newcastle won't be pushovers.

Would favour option 1 too as I think losing both Son and Kane would come back to bite you later.

Though for similar money to Dias Id consider Castagne instead of Saiss, he is playing in midfield but is listed as a defender. He assisted one goal last night and also hit the post himself. Leicesters next fixture at home to Palace looks juicy too, they were in fine form v Brom last night and should have scored more than just three. After Palace they have Southampton and Newcastle, more potental there. Im thinking of selling Cresswell myself to get Castagne so am talking myself into it but I owned Castagne at the start of this season and before his injury he delivered 35 points in 6 games. He was man of the match last night so think I'll buy him and hope he stays on fire for the next 3 fixtures.

bantee wrote: »
    I have Semedo and its worked out well so far, Saiss a good option too
    Coady or Saiss. Coady slightly cheaper but Saiss offers a bit more going forward usually.

Last night Rodgers subbed Fofana on 62 mins because he is fasting for Ramadan. Saiss is also fasting, so it's something to be wary of, maybe it won't impact him at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement