Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 33 BGW transfer thread

• 19-04-2021 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

With city and spurs blanking looks like could be plenty of moves this week, a few injuries and knocks haven't helped a lot of teams
    Thinking of Son to Pulisic/ Greenwood, seems lot players not performing and these two might just kick on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Jota to Greenwood maybe....

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Thoughts on selling Kane? I think he could be out for a few weeks. With not having Iheanacho I may go Kane to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Might have to bring in a keeper. Currently have Lloris & Mendy who I got on WC for BB this week and the plan was to bank this week's transfer but had 2 flagged and had to take a hit. Will probably have to the same again as I have Laca

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭COH

Have a pretty decent OR and a 20 point lead in my ML so thinking Ill do Vardy > Nacho and Son > Salah as main rival has both. Would also leave me with enough ITB for Cancelo > TAA for a -4 which Ive done a great job of convincing myself is a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Will sell 2 of my spurs players anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Rikand wrote: »
    Will sell 2 of my spurs players anyway

Spurs have great fixture till end of season, and with Jose gone may play more offensively

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Spurs have great fixture till end of season, and with Jose gone may play more offensively

Well, I was definitely planning to sell the non-playing defender I bought who had started the previous 6 games before but maybe Mason will give him a run out :)

Thank you for delaying my rage sell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Craig Dawson out for an Inanimate Carbon Rod

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Salah on paper looks the best captain this week but would need a hit to get him unless I sell Bruno for him and not sure about that. Don't think Newcastle will be pushovers now though after last weekend's result. Might just ignore Salah and do Digne to Trent instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭macraignil

Cresswell out for Alexander-Arnold just done with this weeks free transfer. Might take a hit to replace DCL if he is confirmed out before the deadline with the three players I have with blank game weeks already out.

• Advertisement

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Craig Dawson out for an Inanimate Carbon Rod

TimeRod_1200x1200.jpg?v=1574778959

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Son to salah and captain for me

• Registered Users Posts: 15,029 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Keane to TAA probably. Double Liverpool defence.

But then I'll need to sell Jota. In hindsight, I should have brought in Trent instead of Jota a couple weeks ago, and it was a real snap decision at the time. Either Greenwood, Mount or Peireira.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have 2 FT this week and 4 players having no game and then doubts over Mendy and Cresswell. Would like to know more on the Kane injury, as others said they ha e great fixtures after and could have a new manager bounce. Will sell Dias for Coady/Saiss and then decide on whether to sell Kane or Son.

Was anything said after the game regarding Mendy/Kepa last night? Would take -4 to ship Mendy if Kepa was going to hold his place

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Cancelo to TAA, going before the price rise tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭Xander10

A quick turnaround, Will wait to see if any new injuries tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Have Kane, Son, Dias and an injured Cresswell so can only field 10 for the BGW. Bit of a pain as I dont want to sell any of them but might be forced into it to get a full 11 out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,029 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Have Kane, Son, Dias and an injured Cresswell so can only field 10 for the BGW. Bit of a pain as I dont want to sell any of them but might be forced into it to get a full 11 out.

Have you much value tied up in Son?

Son -> Greenwood is an transfer and can switch back, or if you want to plan ahead Jrod.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Muahahaha wrote: »

Have the same 4 along with Forestor and Mendy and Davis of Villa so gonna be tough get 11 playing now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Fernandes and Mendy to Greenwood and Martinez. Taking a risk on Greenwood out scoring Fernandes over the rest of the season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Fitz* wrote: »
    Have you much value tied up in Son?

Son -> Greenwood is an transfer and can switch back, or if you want to plan ahead Jrod.

yeah was thinking Son to either Rashford or Greenwood for that Leeds fixture and then back to Son again the following week. But its tricky as we dont yet have any solid information on the Kane and Cresswell injuries. Spurs are saying they hope he makes Sundays EFL final but they would say that anyway. Its an ankle injury he has and he was out for a month last season with similar and even longer with his ankle the season before. If it is a long term injury then now right before his BGW would be the best time to move him on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Any Siggy love in here, thinking of bringing him in for Gundogan

• Registered Users Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Cartman78

2 FTs...thinking of holding both Kane and Son and going Dawson to Anybody and possibly Bruno to Greenwood....a high risk/reward move.

Will wait for more news though on Phillips and Jota

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

KM79 to the checkout please, KM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Just transferred Jota in for Lookman and 2 mins later I see on Twitter he wasn't pictured in training today ffs :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Want Greenwood in, currently have Havertz, Salah, Lingard, Son and Raphina

Son doesn't play obviously but if Kane is out for a while then I definitely want him for their fixtures, is losing Raphina the sensible option?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Thinking about it. He will have a DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Was Sigurdsson starting mostly because DCL hasn’t been available and Richarlison needed a partner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭skippy15

Want Greenwood in, currently have Havertz, Salah, Lingard, Son and Raphina

Son doesn't play obviously but if Kane is out for a while then I definitely want him for their fixtures, is losing Raphina the sensible option?

Ye was very tempted by the son to greenwood route, but son has sheffield the next game so you have him in that, rapha great value but if you have the cash it looks an upgrade in short term especially with fixtures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭munster87

gammygils wrote: »
    Thinking about it. He will have a DGW

Will he play both games?

Advertisement