Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 33 BGW transfer thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Took out Kane and Gundogan and brought in vardy Soucek.. Had 3 spurs 3city and lacazette coming into this GW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Would favour option 1 too as I think losing both Son and Kane would come back to bite you later.

Though for similar money to Dias Id consider Castagne instead of Saiss, he is playing in midfield but is listed as a defender. He assisted one goal last night and also hit the post himself. Leicesters next fixture at home to Palace looks juicy too, they were in fine form v Brom last night and should have scored more than just three. After Palace they have Southampton and Newcastle, more potental there. Im thinking of selling Cresswell myself to get Castagne so am talking myself into it but I owned Castagne at the start of this season and before his injury he delivered 35 points in 6 games. He was man of the match last night so think I'll buy him and hope he stays on fire for the next 3 fixtures.

Yeah I like Castagne too but I already have Ricardo so hoping he makes the Palace game. Hopefully they're just been cautious with him after his long lay off. Only have 5.1 for that defender spot if I go for option 1. Saiss or Dunk look best options though think Wolves next 3 fixtures just shade it. Not too keen on taking hits for defenders though. Other option would be to downgrade Mount as I'd be worried about potential rotation there going forward. Slim pickings around the 6-6.5 price range though. Traore maybe but he's so flaky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah Wolves fixtures are decent for the next 3. Coady also an option as he goes up for corners and free kicks though I think Saiss tends to get in around the box more in open play.

Own Mount myself and his returns have been okay for the last 3 games, 6,6,5. Problem is Chelsea have Real Madrid on Tuesday then again the following Wednesday. Ive no choice but to hold him for now but theres a chance he gets rested in one of the next two fixtures v West Ham or Fulham. Ive Rugiger and Mendy too so have to move away from relying on Chelsea assets beginning next week.

Yeah Wolves fixtures are decent for the next 3. Coady also an option as he goes up for corners and free kicks though I think Saiss tends to get in around the box more in open play.

Own Mount myself and his returns have been okay for the last 3 games, 6,6,5. Problem is Chelsea have Real Madrid on Tuesday then again the following Wednesday. Ive no choice but to hold him for now but theres a chance he gets rested in one of the next two fixtures v West Ham or Fulham. Ive Rugiger and Mendy too so have to move away from relying on Chelsea assets beginning next week.

Yeah I briefly considered Mount to Greenwood but would only be swapping one rotation risk for another with that move. Think Mount is more likely to start against West Ham than Fulham though, big game for their top 4 hopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Option 1:
    I could do Kane & Dias > Ihenacnho & Saiss, -4.

If I need to get Kane back in GW34 then I'd need to drop Gundo for Saka. Not sure how risky that is, Saka's minutes could be limited with EL.

Option 2:
    Davis > Ihenacnho, and Dias > 4.8m def.

No idea who to get for 4.8m...

Mason after saying that Kane didn't train today. More tempted to sell for Vardy now and worry about having to get him back next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Gundog to Saint Maximin anyway.

Need rid of Stones too and Werner. God help me.

Have Jota too and afraid that he might not start this weekend so a -8 is on the cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Gundog to Saint Maximin anyway.

Need rid of Stones too and Werner. God help me.

Have Jota too and afraid that he might not start this weekend so a -8 is on the cards.
    Jota not injured anyway. Klopp said he is fine. Of course that doesn't mean he'll start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah I briefly considered Mount to Greenwood but would only be swapping one rotation risk for another with that move. Think Mount is more likely to start against West Ham than Fulham though, big game for their top 4 hopes.

Argree, would expect Mount to play v Ham, after that the Fulham game is sandwiched between the two Real Madrid games so its pretty likely he gets rotated. I think next week looks like the opportune time to sell him as the Fulham fixture is a risk and after that Chelseas fixtures turn anyway, theyve got City, Arsenal, Leicester. Think I'll also try to sell Rudiger before that run starts as well. Can hang on to Mendy as Ive also got Martinez to rotate him with.
    sheroman01 wrote: »
    Option 1:
    I could do Kane & Dias > Ihenacnho & Saiss, -4.

If I need to get Kane back in GW34 then I'd need to drop Gundo for Saka. Not sure how risky that is, Saka's minutes could be limited with EL.

Option 2:
    Davis > Ihenacnho, and Dias > 4.8m def.

No idea who to get for 4.8m...

Otption 1 you would be using two free transfers to sell and then buy back Kane. Also Saka not that attractive because of the Europa League, a pity because Arsenals fixtures are decent.

Id go option 2 and get either Man Uniteds Lindelof for 4.8m or Chelseas Rudiger for 4.6. Lindelof seems a nailed on starter and has at least some chance of a clean sheet as does Rudiger. Other options are Coufal (two assists in his last two games) or Konsa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Dunno what to do seeing as Jota is fit to play now was all set to get rid because I had to !

I think ill bring in Salah for Son anyway but should I go for Greenwood instead of Jota that's the question!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Did two free transfers earlier this week, but still not sure of 11 playing.

Martinez
    Digne Rudiger TAA Konsa
    Salah Bruno Lingard Raphinha
    Watkins Iheanacho

Subs: Areola Phillips Son Kane

I could do Son to Greenwood I guess for a -4. I haven't been watching any United match for the last while, is there a reason why he is suddenly scoring goals again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Bit of a pickle as have 5 city/spurs players, Raphinha and Cresswell.

Have 2 FTs at least so can do something like Cancelo, Raphinha/Moura and Kane out for TAA, Salah and Iheanacho.

I'd prefer to move Son over Kane but can't afford Salah then

Actually instead of above, can do

Cancelo, Moura,Son out for TAA,Salah and ASM/Ceballos.

claw wrote: »

Martinez
    Digne Rudiger TAA Konsa
    Watkins Iheanacho

I could do Greenwood to Son I guess for a -4. I haven't been watching any United match for the last while, is there a reason why he is suddenly scoring goals again?

Hes getting a lot more game time since Martials injury. He seems much more involved and is taking on shots pretty much anytime he gets the ball in a good position cutting in from the wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Hes getting a lot more game time since Martials injury. He seems much more involved and is taking on shots pretty much anytime he gets the ball in a good position cutting in from the wing.

Starting to think it might be mad to go without him... form player in the league right now.

Son hasn't been lighting it up and taking him out means I'd be a lot more sure of getting 11 players out...

I think it's either Greenwood for Son or Shaw for Alonso

Morzadec wrote: »
    Starting to think it might be mad to go without him... form player in the league right now.

Son hasn't been lighting it up and taking him out means I'd be a lot more sure of getting 11 players out...

I think it's either Greenwood for Son or Shaw for Alonso

The only thing about Son is Spurs are playing Sheffield United and have decent fixtures then after this.

I plan on getting him out this week and maybe bringing him back than.

• Advertisement

Im thinking of selling Cresswell myself to get Castagne

A point I just noticed about Castagne is that he played on the right last night and iirc that was where he got his returns from at the start of the season. He seems to play better on the right but if Ricardo starts against Palace he'll be put back on the left again. No doubt he's still a good option but it's just something to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

The only thing about Son is Spurs are playing Sheffield United and have decent fixtures then after this.

I plan on getting him out this week and maybe bringing him back than.

Yeah I actually don't think I can do that (0 in the bank and the hokey-cokey would cost me 0.1). Plus never a fan of burning transfers this way.

I think Shaw in for Alonso is the more obvious upgrade. Gives me more playing players moving forward.

I am a bit worried about Greenwood though, think he could punish me. Superb finisher who is finally getting some game time and getting into good positions, will probably be looking to throw his hat into the ring for the Euros too..

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CornettoQueen

Any good Alonso replacements?
    Have Shaw Holding Rudiger and Phillips.

Trent or Castagne. The Wolves lads have been doing well at the back lately as well I'm sorry I didn't jump on one few weeks ago when I considered it!. Have a feeling might even be bit late with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Wolves defender? Saiss, Semedo or Coady look good bets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Unless anyone has a convincing counter argument....I'm pretty much settled on Kane and Dawson out for Vardy and Holding.

Will hold Son for next GW, also have Iheanacho so banking on Leicester going all out against on the beach Palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Dropped Son and Raphinha for Greenwood and Maddison. For free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Any word on Cresswell? after taking out Alonso for Castagne bench is now Cresswell,Son & Kane is taking Cresswell out worth a -4?

Right Jota or Greenwood!?

Right Jota or Greenwood!?

went with Greenwood had Jota give me no returns since i brought him in on wildcard

markc91 wrote: »
    went with Greenwood had Jota give me no returns since i brought him in on wildcard

If I bring him in be for minus four so hopefully it's worth it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

markc91 wrote: »

So you gave him 2 games and then sold him? You must be buying/selling players a lot, if your getting rid of them that quick.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    So you gave him 2 games and then sold him? You must be buying/selling players a lot, if your getting rid of them that quick.

Have made 39 transfers all season, 2nd in ML 60 pts to make up and leader brought in Jota last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

claw wrote: »

Martinez
    Digne Rudiger TAA Konsa
    Watkins Iheanacho

I could do Son to Greenwood I guess for a -4. I haven't been watching any United match for the last while, is there a reason why he is suddenly scoring goals again?

Decided to take out Phillips and put in Struijk. I would be depending on Son dropping 0.1 to get him back in with 1 transfer. Wouldn't play Phillips next week but have an option on Struijk. Don't like the -4 but it is what it is.

Just gonna bring in Salah for Son don't wanna take any hits. So Jota stays for another week if there's no improvement then I'll look at Greenwood or possibly even Maddison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,551 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Did a kind of left field transfer this week (probably would have banked if there’d been better news on Phillips and Jota).

Bertrand Traore in for Lucas Moura. That game against Leicester last night they were just being pulverised up that right hand side.

Bertie has a double followed by an actual gameweek against Palace by the looks of it, and with no Trez for the rest of the season he’s surely got to be nailed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

CSF wrote: »
    Did a kind of left field transfer this week (probably would have banked if there’d been better news on Phillips and Jota).

Bertrand Traore in for Lucas Moura. That game against Leicester last night they were just being pulverised up that right hand side.

Bertie has a double followed by an actual gameweek against Palace by the looks of it, and with no Trez for the rest of the season he’s surely got to be nailed.

Some of the articles out there imply he should be dropped. Let's hope that's not the case for you

https://www.footballfancast.com/aston-villa-news/aston-villa-bertrand-traore-dean-smith-man-city-premier-league-match-reaction-matty-cash-red-card-villa-park-esl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,551 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Don’t really understand that article, we don’t have any other fit RWs and only El Ghazi at LW.

A real absence of who we play there instead of him if Smith decides he wants to drop him. And he was playing him there ahead of Trez too who is actually good so post-Trez injury I don’t even know what a Villa lineup would look like without him in it.

Advertisement