Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWF: Werewolf Wrestling Federation

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

khalessi wrote: »
    Did any of ye grow up in the era of Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks? The precursors to Hulk Hogan and Andre The Giant

Yes, i remember both big daddy and giant haystacks.

are you sure there was no crossover between haystacks and hogan/andre?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Angus WW wrote: »
    Yes, i remember both big daddy and giant haystacks.

are you sure there was no crossover between haystacks and hogan/andre?

Not sure might have been. I just remember Saturdays watching them wrestle then the cowboy western came on

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

So anyway, which of ye scoundrels are wolves?!

Not gonna name the player because it will seem like I'm throwing cheap shade, but just be aware that we are playing this game with arguably Boards' G.O.A.T. wolf.

That person could be an NRV in this particular game, but if they are a wolf, we have a tough road ahead and likely won't cop it until it's too/very late. They are ultra-villagery.

TLDR - Beware of Goatwolf.

t4TPZMe.png

*looks at the kendo stick in tigers hand*

Not sure might have been. I just remember Saturdays watching them wrestle then the cowboy western came on

just did some internet research there, and it seems that if they did cross paths it was as different names, as big daddy and giant haystacks were British wrestling folks, and Andre and hogan were Americana wrestling folks, and if they did meet later, it was under different names, giant haystacks, turned loch ness for the american audiences.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

just did some internet research there, and it seems that if they did cross paths it was as different names, as big daddy and giant haystacks were British wrestling folks, and Andre and hogan were Americana wrestling folks, and if they did meet later, it was under different names, giant haystacks, turned loch ness for the american audiences.

They did, in WCW - Loch Ness feuded with Hogan but sadly, it got cut short because Haystacks got diagnosed with cancer :(

• Advertisement

so lock ness wanted to take on hulk hogan, like everybody else, but had to get in line and died before getting a chance :(

lots of jake the snake getting beat in that clip.

So, bobby won then.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

ShaneU wrote: »
    100% Drew will win. He won it last year with no fans so this is his real win tonight. Lol at all of you googling the match.

LOL.....

How ya like me now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Bobby Lashley in 18m 20seconds (rounded off to 18m)

The winner will be notified in due time

It’s Jake

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Ah lads, spoilers. I havent watched it yet.

• Advertisement

Bobby Lashley in 18m 20seconds (rounded off to 18m)

The winner will be notified in due time

It’s Jake

Huh...wat...but...the smarks said Drew was winning this? :confused::D

Well done to Jake.

I just had a look at the card for night 2, and see that Edge is in the main event. Last I knew his career was finished due to a legit neck injury, great to see him back.

Patrick WW wrote: »
    Ah lads, spoilers. I havent watched it yet.

You've willingly come into a thread where we were awaiting the awarding of a prize based on the results of one of the WM matches. I like ya Patrick, always have, but I've little sympathy for you here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

My bad, sorry spoiler tag added, enjoy the rest of the show after the opener

Did any of ye grow up in the era of Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks? The precursors to Hulk Hogan and Andre The Giant

Nope. I'm old, but not just in that category. By the time I started watching it was all Hogan, Warrior, Macho Man, Jake the Snake, Taker, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, legends like them...and Brooklyn Brawler and Barry Horowitz.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Nope. I'm old, but not just in that category. By the time I started watching it was all Hogan, Warrior, Macho Man, Jake the Snake, Taker, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, legends like them...and Brooklyn Brawler and Barry Horowitz.

giphy.gif

I once used my mother's best lipstick to draw Warriors design on my face. Ah those were the says when you got a swift smack for doing things like that :pac: didn't have any effect on me anyways :D well I don't think

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Jake WW wrote: »
    Bobby Lashley - 17minutes

Well Jake, what something small did you win?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Shush, let people pick Bobby so there's better chances for us to win a prize :pac:

tenor.gif?itemid=3547095

• Registered Users Posts: 85,428 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bunny can wrestle

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Bunny can wrestle

Probably the best celebrity they've ever had. Seemed to go in with a great mentality. Probably earned himself a HoF spot in the process.

Trigger wrote: »
    giphy.gif

I once used my mother's best lipstick to draw Warriors design on my face. Ah those were the says when you got a swift smack for doing things like that :pac: didn't have any effect on me anyways :D well I don't think

It was The Joker I did the whole "use the mother's lipstick" thing with, inspired by Jack Nicholson's version of the character.

I seem to remember a rash from the lipstick being on my face for hours, not from the mother laying the smackdown. :pac:

• Advertisement

tenor.gif?itemid=3547095

Vince strikes again ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Vince strikes again ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

McMahon or Russo?

it seems 3 players can team up to take out any player at any time in the game.

It may be possible that we are not considered 'in the game' yet until monday morning.
    Was going to say, the finisher mechanic initially needs a trio to form a stable.

But of course, in doing so, leaves themselves open to a tag team being able to hit them. (Cause you wouldn’t need an initial cancelling out finisher).

Sorry but how did ye come upon that :confused::o three players team up, did I miss a part?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Jake got a prize for a day -1 competition, new record:)

I haven't watched wrestling since the early 00s but would have heard of some new age wrestlers in the intervening years. Lashley and McIntyre are new to me though. Might watch wrestlemania for research purposes

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Sorry but how did ye come upon that :confused::o three players team up, did I miss a part?

It took me a while to understand this. You need three people, because the target may have a reversal. So you might need 2 finishers to make the target prone, and allow for TKO. That's how I'm understanding it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

So basically, if the player still has a finisher stored, you need the first player to use their finisher so the reversal is used and that then allows them to be knocked prone by the second player and TKO'd by the third player
    Necro wrote: »
    Finisher Mechanic

Each of you have exactly one stored finishing move which you can use on another superstar at any time in the game. 

To use your finisher (you can name it if you wish), simply PM the game mods with your target. 

There are three possible effects your finishing move may have:

1. Reversal - if you target another player who has a stored finishing move they will be able to reverse the attack, at the cost of their own finisher. No harm will come to either opponent.

2. Knocked Prone - if you target another player with your finishing move and they do not have the ability to reverse it, you will knock them prone and the target will lose their lynch vote in the next available lynch. The prone state finishes after the lynch.

3. TKO - A player who has already been knocked prone by a finishing move can be eliminated from the game completely by use of another finisher within the same phase. They will be knocked out and unable to continue in their WWF Career. 

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Good morning. I see Bobby won. I only chose him because he won the last bout. When someone said the bookies had Drew favourite I thought sure it was a mistake

Good morning. I see Bobby won. I only chose him because he won the last bout. When someone said the bookies had Drew favourite I thought sure it was a mistake

I think everyone thought Drew was winning considering it was the opening match in front of a live audience

MVP and his swagger was the win for me :p

Good on you Jake

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

I think everyone thought Drew was winning considering it was the opening match in front of a live audience

MVP and his swagger was the win for me :p

Good on you Jake

Pure luck. At least I won the 50 euro.

• Advertisement

Pure luck. At least I won the 50 euro.

Drinks on You ;)

Advertisement