Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WWF: Werewolf Wrestling Federation

1113114115116117119»

Comments

That was a great game mods and players. It ran seamlessly despite a shít ton of mod actions and posts to keep on top of, great stuff Necro and Bounty.

The use of alternating priests, seers and BGs was cool and innovative, even if I helped contribute to the death of both BGs. Also the finishers and strategic spamming of them was really cool to watch unfold. As an NRV and a player who wasn't around to compete in the many competitions, it was nice to at least have a finisher.

Well done to the village for pulling it back in the end, it was very entertaining to watch even when it appeared like cee jay was going to lead the wolves over the line. I've never played with cee jay before and am a bit wary of doing so again! That was scary, surely Lord Goatwolf is nodding with pride there.

This game was an experiment for me to see if WW was agreeable with my 'new normal' working hours. It's not unfortunately, but I will certainly try again not before long. For now though it was good to play in some capacity once again after a year and be highly entertained by some old names who never change and new ones too.

Thanks to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Thanks for a great game mods. Still think it was confusing but that's what you lot want to hear. :D
    Cee_jay you were unbelievable. I would have never believed you were a wolf. (That's why I am ****e :) )
    Was going to give up werewolf after the last game and now I am looking forward to the next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

If KGs last sentence isnt a testament to how good the game was, i dunno what is.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im much more craic when modding.... ask Cee Jay about our Terminator Bants

Definitely! That game was lots of fun, it was my return to Werewolf after a long absence, and landed with the village vig role. You kept me sane in the lonesome backroom.
    Only criticism of this game was I wasn't given enough spears :D
    2nd week of May I will be starting my new job, and in college for 2 days also, so unfortunately I think I'm going to have to sit that one out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

cee_jay wrote: »
    Definitely! That game was lots of fun, it was my return to Werewolf after a long absence, and landed with the village vig role. You kept me sane in the lonesome backroom.
    2nd week of May I will be starting my new job, and in college for 2 days also, so unfortunately I think I'm going to have to sit that one out :(

Good luck with that cee_jay. Take care not to burn yourself out.

• Advertisement

Real life comes first. Good luck. Try not to spear a co worker while listening to DMX

Thanks for the well wishes guys :) I never heard that song before he died last week, must have listened to it around 10 times in a row today, but got some good work done to it! I saw the full lyrics only after I submitted the song, so had the fear for the first 2 days someone would pull me up on that!
    I hope I can have dead room access as a spectator to drop in when I can.

@Liz, you confused me so much a lot of the time in this game with your wrestler names, and who is with who etc. But I would like to thank you, you were very gracious about explaining the terms and players when I asked. I said in my backroom that I thought you were just really excited to play this game, and it can be hard to switch off all your knowledge from the sport to immerse yourself in the game only. When the promo came up, I knew immediately I needed to do a Liz and. Christian love story. I was planning on using you as my fall guy wolf though for end game. Kept waiting for you to continually ask me if I was Goldberg.

@ShaneU only just saw it was your 1st game. Seriously good game! The glossary description of your role is the only reason you weren't munched... Sure what use is a charlatan?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

@ShaneU only just saw it was your 1st game. Seriously good game! The glossary description of your role is the only reason you weren't munched... Sure what use is a charlatan?
    Thanks I was more than happy to let everyone know it was a dud role :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Neowise

Yay on village win.

Serious fun game. Last night spent watching thread in deadroom was most intense fun i've had in ww for a long time. yoss beaker shaneu, thanks for that.

Necro & Bounty, thanks for running such a fun game.

commsierations to the wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm NRV Trish and can be taken out anyway whatsoever as knock prone if it helps the village narrow down then do it

I did leave Trish breadcrumbs

I do suggest looking closely into cee_jay as she always plays a good game and could be a hidden wolf, I'm trying to think what wrestler character would be a Bret Hart apprentice so unless she claims Becky and takes out Eva who can she be
    Vernon WW - Bray Wyatt Priest
    JP Liz V1 - Trish Stratus
    Emily WW -
    Patrick WW -
    Eva WW - Sting Wolf BG
    Ewan WW - Stone Cold Steve Austin Vig Sig
    Senan WW - Razor Ramon / Scott Hall
    Jake WW - Paul Heyman Seer
    ShaneU - CM Punk Charlatan
    mitsuko045 - Brian Pillman
    cee_jay -
    y0ssar1an22 - Mick Foley / Dude Love

So that leaves Cody Rhodes, Goldberg, Becky Lynch, so 3 wolves plus 1 heel turn from yesterday

Patrick or Emily as Cody Rhodes or Goldberg

Any wolfy heel vibes from cee_jay, could be Becky or she has played a blinding game hiding as Goldberg
    Thanks for the well wishes guys :) I never heard that song before he died last week, must have listened to it around 10 times in a row today, but got some good work done to it! I saw the full lyrics only after I submitted the song, so had the fear for the first 2 days someone would pull me up on that!
    I hope I can have dead room access as a spectator to drop in when I can.

@Liz, you confused me so much a lot of the time in this game with your wrestler names, and who is with who etc. But I would like to thank you, you were very gracious about explaining the terms and players when I asked. I said in my backroom that I thought you were just really excited to play this game, and it can be hard to switch off all your knowledge from the sport to immerse yourself in the game only. When the promo came up, I knew immediately I needed to do a Liz and. Christian love story. I was planning on using you as my fall guy wolf though for end game. Kept waiting for you to continually ask me if I was Goldberg.

Maybe as a fan girl being too knowledgable didn't help me ultimately but you played a cracking game cee_jay, I enjoyed your promo love story pipe bomb for me, pity my posts weren't really taking seriously as I was getting suss on you, now known as the gif Goldberg spear queen CJ (I think heel wolf wording banned)

ShaneU also great game for a first time newbie

• Advertisement

Neowise wrote: »
    Yay on village win.
    Serious fun game. Last night spent watching thread in deadroom was most intense fun i've had in ww for a long time. yoss beaker shaneu, thanks for that.
    Necro & Bounty, thanks for running such a fun game.
    commsierations to the wolves.

Angus why the interrogation

LineOfDuty-bbc-line-of-duty-lineofduty-U0GiEVu1nnpxlkSfmH

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Always miss the endgame...

That said I love speed reading back through all of your gameplay and seeing in entertaining decisions you all made and by gawd JR did this game have a lot of em. From yer if at first you don’t succeed fail fail again hitting finishers on Eva to Stone Cold & CM Punk of all people being made lovers them telling wolves and all this on thread or the cm punk being de masked flavor actually being used on CMPunk. It’s always enjoyable to see how people react to certain mechanics you make like the wolves task collector getting gifted a prize and then thinking they should kill to person earning them prizes instead of milking that cow for more prizes and letting the villagers get at them for tasty behavior.

I simply don’t have the time anymore to take part in these games myself with a young family and (mostly due to) the time difference but I really do enjoy writing and modding these games. Watching my plans play out in this and my Batman game was great fun and I hope I can do so again (even if some might think of my games as a bit complicated/ confusing) but I wouldn’t be able to even think about doing so without great co mods like Ecto & Baggly in Batman but especially Necro this week.

He truly was the Arn to my Flair and enforced everything perfectly. There were a whole lot of mod actions needed especially when you consider the volume of backrooms and power’s people had and he didn’t miss a beat on any of it even though he was modding alone at times, the lynches & backstage comps for example. Actually tried to get a third mod in because of my time issues but none of it was an issue for him so fair play dude, none of it would have worked without ya.

Was very happy with the amount of players too as I was originally expecting a smaller group and would have had to leave a lot on the cutting room floor otherwise (like our day5 competition that never happened). A lot of these seem to be returning players too which is great to see and I really hope it’s not a 1 off, similarly I hope H2D is only doing a “wrestling retirement” and will be back one day, maybe when I mod again(got a few ideas already).

I’d echo what a few others said about wolf mvp CJ and Village mvp Ecto, great game ladies!

But no matter who you were if you had fun playing remember the words of mine & LTSC’s PW co-mod (hosts a well know video podcast on PW and always finishes it with)
    St7-c_A0ilwUCYQGQwGth6mu0YyjlTXeybJcyJEpQAQdpHzc8eQ4FY8UkoBS0wT5-JPwzTIIO7GrH_L_yqDByxYtghRrPGYnDhmD_g-9iyEEXTY0pFX7v7dvQCErOeme7HRjagP0rD0cbw

Oh and from the BR

Wolves

kitten_k - Vince McMahon - Alpha Wolf, could block a player's vote each night, force a player to cut a promo (make a post) on thread, peeked as Hornswoggle NRV
    Trigger - Shane McMahon - Vanilla Wolf
    Clarabel subbed in for fixXxer day 1 (Eva WW) - Sting - Wolf Bodyguard - Protected a team-mate from all killing actions except the lynch each cycle
    cee_jay - Goldberg - Vengeful Wolf - had 2 spears to use if Vince or Sting were killed (1 each time)
    Lord TSC - Chris Jericho - Floating Wolf - had access to all three wolf backrooms so they could communicate when brands were seperated.
    ardinn (Emily WW) - Cody Rhodes - Task Collector Wolf - received a reward each time a villager completed a task
    Kolido (Patrick WW) - Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley - Began life as a wolf cub counting for villager parity, if he survived past lynch on Day 1 he became Jon Moxley who could survive one vigilante shot

Villagers

beakerjoe subbed in for Whiplashy Day 2 - Stone Cold Steve Austin - Odd Day Vigilante (1 shot per day) - becomes full vig if counterpart is killed
    duffman13 (Katie WW) - Becky Lynch - Even Day Vigilante (1 shot per day) - becomes full vig if counterpart is killed
    Neowise (Angus WW) - The Undertaker - Odd Day Priest - becomes full priest if counterpart is killed
    Ectoplasm (Vernon WW) - The Fiend - Even Day Priest - becomes full priest if counterpart is killed
    KathleenGrant (Jake WW) - Paul Heyman - Odd Day Seer - becomes full seer if counterpart is killed
    Barney92 (Conor WW) - Triple H - Even Day Seer - becomes full seer if counterpart is killed
    Hello 2D Person Below (Oisin WW) - The Ultimate Warrior - Odd Day Bodyguard - becomes full BG if counterpart is killed
    Reberetta (Gabriel WW) - Brock Lesnar - Even Day Bodyguard - becomes full BG if counterpart is killed, could also kill attacker with an F5
    beakerjoe (Holly WW) - John Cena - Dueling Village Derp - completed tasks on thread for a variety of prizes each day
    JohnGreenFan (Nigel WW) subbed in for khalessi Day 1 - The Rock - Dueling Village Derp - completed tasks on thread for a variety of prizes each day
    Rikand - Hulk Hogan - Village Politician - Has a double vote in the lynch twice in the game
    ShaneU - CM Punk - Village Charlatan - Accused 2 players on thread per day or would be fired. If he accused a member of the McMahon Family (Vince, Shane or HHH) he earned a GTS (kill) the following day
    y0ssar1an22 - Mick Foley/Dude Love - started as Mick Foley but changed into Dude Love if he lived past first lynch - could create a pair of lovers and speak with them in his loveshack
    mitsuko045 - Flyin Brian Pillman/The Loose Cannon - started as Flyin Brian but changed into the Loose Cannon if he lived past the first lynch - gained a gun with 1 bullet to shoot someone
    MacDanger (Senan WW) subbed in for LadySkunk Day 1 - Scott Hall/Razor Ramon - started in rehab but sobered up enough to be released if he lived past the first lynch - earned a gun with one bullet but had only a 50/50 shot of firing and a further 50/50 shot of hitting the correct target
    raze_them_all (Desmond WW) - Bret Hart - NRV+ - could survive one spear from Goldberg unbeknownst to himself
    MrKingsley - Roman Reigns - NRV
    JP Liz V1 - Trish Stratus - NRV
    Stu Redman - AJ Styles - NRV
    Also Starring LeVar Burton - Charlotte Flair - NRV

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Thanks a million for a great game BountyHunter. I know the amount of work you put into these games and again it was really.clear to see throughout. Hope all is well on the home front and that one day we'll see you in a game again :)

And for those craving more Werewolf awesomeness, the sign ups are now live for the May game (kicking off Sunday 16th May - which is actually the 3rd week in May)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=116906746#post116906746

MAY GAME - MARVELS' AVENGERS - INFINITY WAR / ENDGAME

giphy.gif

If only Beaker, if only...
    Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Thanks a million for a great game BountyHunter. I know the amount of work you put into these games and again it was really.clear to see throughout. Hope all is well on the home front and that one day we'll see you in a game again :)

Cheers but Dunno about that tbh, I originally said I'd take a year off when the little man was born but back then I'd be going to sleep at about 3am most nights (which equals around 7/8pm Irish time) which meant. Now I am out on my feet by 1am and even then I'm only up till then to get some me time when he is finally sound asleep. I think being missing every day from 5pm or so would not work for a village. Plus that is not mentioning if I am busy with actual work etc before then.

Modding games like this again however is something I would def be up for. Actually just looked at the mod order list but the next slot available is 13 months away I think!
    The Next BiG Thing

ElderlyPerfectKinkajou-size_restricted.gif

Brock Lesnar is taking a hiatus from UFC today giving him full (BG) powers. Will Brock get to take someone to Suplex city?

and if there is a successful BG protect that day this gets posted
    F5! F5! F5!

giphy.gif

nope we aren't saying to hit F5 to refresh, we are saying that Brock Lesnar just hit an attacker with an F5 and protected Name WW!

Day 5 comp
    A foreign object is in play!
    One of the wrestlers has found a weapon at ringside and can now use it to their advantage
    tenor.gif?itemid=8182607

The one question is which wrestler has gotten their hands on the equalizer?

choose your wrestler by pming Werewolf GM one of the names below and see if they have found you a weapon you can use.
    tumblr_mg9v31kT9W1qd4q8ao1_400.gif

If they were still tasking on Wednesday the dueling derps could have gotten their hands on a gun

John Cena has a gun!

source.gif

You may not be able to see him but hopefully you aren't the person that has to see the Dr of Thugonomics point a gun at them and....click..click..Boom!

Jake WW has been shot and due to his injuries will have to retire from in ring activity!

He was.....
    The Rock!
    The Rock has a gun!

AmusingHugeEquine-small.gif

He may also be a star in Hollywood but that is no prop, The Rock has somehow gotten his hands on a gun and started to open fire!

Conor WW has been shot and due to his injuries will have to retire from in ring activity!

He was.....
    John Cena!

really when you think about it there was no way this game was getting to speed days. That was made sure of when we decided to add in the finisher mechanism

At one point there was a plan to allow this
    The Dead Man has risen

tenor.gif?itemid=12238229

Name WW has returned to the active Werewolf Wrestling Entertainment roster!

Although oddly that was not the reason for the oddly worded rule one as some speculated. I honestly just copied that part of the OP from an old game, no idea which one though as I wrote some parts of the game a long long time ago.

Also at one point there was a plan that if Scott Hall died prior to using his powers this would be posted
    Something has been found

"Razor Ramon" aka Scott Hall passed away yesterday but something of his has been found... his power!

This however comes in the form of a bottle and the first person to type Drink Vodka will gain the Bad Mang's ability

If someone posts Drink Vodka

giphy.gif

A peek can now be made

This peek would be wildly wrong, something akin to any villager peaked is Vince - Any Wolf peaked is Stone Cold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Neowise

Angus why the interrogation

LineOfDuty-bbc-line-of-duty-lineofduty-U0GiEVu1nnpxlkSfmH

?

Interrogation?

I was just asking question.

You happened to be around when I had some free time.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    And for those craving more Werewolf awesomeness, the sign ups are now live for the May game (kicking off Sunday 16th May - which is actually the 3rd week in May)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=116906746#post116906746

MAY GAME - MARVELS' AVENGERS - INFINITY WAR / ENDGAME

giphy.gif

It would have to be a theme I am interested in too... It might be more doable from 16th... see I'm talking myself into it already.

@BH/Necro, had a look at the mod back room. All I have to say is wow. That was some undertaking, and I am in awe at your imaginations on running that! Thanks again.

Neowise wrote: »
    ?

Interrogation?

I was just asking question.

You happened to be around when I had some free time.

brock-lesnar-undertaker-vs-taker-4a1V69PKTqMh2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Congrats team village, finally got caught up :D lack of autopriest is very tough for village paranoia confusion. cee_jay you are some wolf for one wolf ;)

I only understood parts of this game with all the wrestling stuff, but some amount of design that went into it, well done mods!

Now beaker picked the week I am due back to work for the next one... sigh, on fence for now until I know if I am back at work then or not. I don't know how ye make time to keep up with the thread on Mon/Tue with day jobs too :eek:

• Advertisement

ari101 wrote: »
    Congrats team village, finally got caught up :D lack of autopriest is very tough for village paranoia confusion. cee_jay you are some wolf for one wolf ;)

I only understood parts of this game with all the wrestling stuff, but some amount of design that went into it, well done mods!

Now beaker picked the week I am due back to work for the next one... sigh, on fence for now until I know if I am back at work then or not. I don't know how ye make time to keep up with the thread on Mon/Tue with day jobs too :eek:

Soz Ari, with the little one on midterm the first week, I have to work a solid week the week after. 16th was the earliest I can run it in May.

5 posts minimum per day is all thats need plus some reading back. Thats how we get ya hooked

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

ari101 wrote: »

They are all Civil Servants

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Cracking game mods, really enjoyed the flavour. I wasn't able to get into it as much as I would have liked but still enjoyed it. I liked the finisher mechanic, worked very well in the theme. Very good effort from the wolves, cee_jay in particular played very well. On the village side it was all a bit messy but it came together nicely at the end in large part thanks to Vernon.

Advertisement