Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWF: Werewolf Wrestling Federation

• 05-04-2021 3:15pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the WWF!
    aka Werewolf Wrestling Federation

YtdnAsq.jpg

It's been a few years since the Boards.ie Forum Games crew bought out the McMahon Family and renamed the WWE Werewolf Wrestling Federation (WWF). Bounty Hunter (For the purpose of this game Ric Flair Woooo) & Necro (His enforcer, Double A Arn Anderson) were installed as the new chairmen and heads of creative for the company and a new boom period began. No doubt this was aided by their inexplicable ability to bring back many of the companies biggest stars from yesteryear including none other than the biggest name in Hollywood and the most electrifying man in sports entertainment, The Rock!

and well the great one has some advice for those of you are looking to compete in the WWF.
    giphy.gif

So without further adieu, let's talk roles!

This federation has most of your usual roles whether that is prognosticators who claim to be able to forsee the next big thing, be that from developmental in NXT or signees from the UFC and whether they will turn out good or bad for the promotion.

As in the past with the likes of Diesel backing up Shawn Michaels or the APA (acolyte protection agency) there has always been bodyguards in the WWF and this game will be no different. Similarly there will of course be people with such devastating finishing maneuvers that they can take people out of their game with just one strike.

There will be other roles that appear in most federations but also some other slightly tweaked ones to specifically fit pro wrestling, an industry where backstage politicking is a role in itself and many people have had substance abuse issue in order to cope with the pressure that comes with having a potentially important part to play in a promotion. It is also an industry where people do not always start of as the finished product ready to main event, some will have to take some time to develop more as performers before earning their role in the new WWF whether that is someone who could make a real bang or someone who used to go Bang Bang performing under another gimmick!
    h6hawFdb_400x400.jpg

We have discussed the roles of the faces (good guys) in the Werewolf Wrestling Federation (WWF) but unfortunately things aren't all sunshine and rainbows despite the high ratings the promotion is currently pulling in. That fact is made clear at the end of the most recent episode of Monday Night Raw when this video appeared

Vince McMahon himself, a man who retained many of his CEO powers and just loves to wield his corporate might and use the catchphrase that he shares with the person he is pictured with below "You're fired" to dispatch with problem employees.

Hnnpxj0.png
    Trump is not a wolf!

No doubt Vince won't be working alone, The McMahon family like wolves usually role in packs, and old Vinnie Mac may have just found a vengeful group to guard his interests and help collect what he believes is his.

That said should we really go into detail on each role in a Pro Wrestling themed game. If the Monday Night Wars taught us anything it's that wrestlers sometimes switch sides... could that happen here? Or is this misdirection? In times like this it's probably best to remember the sage words of wisdom of the former champion below.
    2bcc5c872a5f26eb85dc562e41b0c854.jpg
    If you are a new player trying to get to grips with things this helpful list of terms players often use might help you & be of use but just because something might be in there does not mean it is being used in this game.

This game will have daily competitions, night time prize opportunities and some secrets the mods will keep for themselves but before all that you should take a look at the Werewolf Wrestling federation's rule book below
    wwe-rule-book.jpg

1. When you die, you are out of the game unless we instruct you otherwise.

2. When you are dead, please don’t post. Dead people can’t talk! people will be given DR access asap and spectators can request access from a game mod if they want to chat

3. We have more than 20 players so we encourage you all to get as involved as you can and contribute to the game. Try get a vote in as a minimum each day. A missed vote may mean a player could be modkilled or replaced by a sub depending on mod discretion, 2 would almost definitely lead to this. We will judge each missed vote on a case by case basis.

4. No cheating. This is game that requires honesty and relies heavily on the players having integrity. So, as well as any other cheating, no PMing other players and no chatting about the game anywhere off thread including discord while the game is going on.

5. All players will receive PMs throughout the game, please no copying and pasting of PMs that we send you, nor will you be allowed copy and paste anything from any backroom you may or may not have. If you want to discuss the content of a PM with the village, please discuss it with the Mods first before discussing any PMs on thread.

6. All questions can be sent directly to the Mods if you are unsure about anything. Necro & Bounty Hunter are the Mods for this game. Feel free to contact either of us any time. We will try answer you as soon as we can so be patient, especially with BH all the way off in Asia o/

7. Policy on Abuse: Boards has a no-abuse rule in place that is in effect in this forum as well. By all means, call people on dodgy behaviour, point out if they are being silly or behaving strangely, be aggressive in your approach; but DO NOT abuse another player. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum mod (Sullivlo/Baggly/Quickbeam) or use the report button on the post in question. Forum mods will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed.

8. There is a 5 post limit in this game, so please do your best to post at least 5 times each day as if you fail to, depending on circumstances there may be mod kills / players subbed in.

9. Stick to the account you are assigned for this game, if that is an annon account, do not post in your usual account.

10. NO EDITING POSTS. You won’t be able to in an anon account. If you slip and post in your regular boardsie account, don’t delete or edit either. Log back into your anon account, quote the slipped post(s) and announce to the thread that you slipped and the posts should be attributed to your given anon account.

12. No sharing your lynch passwords or COP accounts with anyone. All actions must be done by you and only you. Use the lynch password given to you. Incorrect passwords may invalidate your vote.

13. Votes will be published after we announce the lynch, as quickly as is possible!

14. Have fun guys, we encourage fun poking, memes, gifs, videos and such and such.

15. In the event of a tied lynch vote, the last vote cast between the two tied players will decide the lynch. Ie Duffy WW and Joey WW get 4 votes each but Joey WW received the latest vote, then Joey WW will be lynched.

16. Munch will take place at 10am and Lynch at 9pm. The first game action will be the first munch on Monday morning. THIS MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

The following is an example of the PM that a NRV will recieve but remember rule 5 with regards this:
    Dear JimmyJoeJoeSHabadu,

Welcome to the Werewolf Wrestling Federation
    WWF_Logo_1998____4bfd1680025b1.jpg?fit=300%2C200&ssl=1

Congratulations, you have drawn the role of NRV - *WWF Wrestler Name*

As a villager, it is your job to aid fellow villagers and the roled good players in ridding The WWF of The heels that are trying to destroy the promotion from within.

As part of your NRV duties, you are required to vote to lynch a player each night.

your Lynch Code is XXXXX

As we will be using anon accounts, your login details are:

Username: XXXXX
    Password: XXXXX

Good luck, and enjoy the game.

Regards,
    Bounty Hunter & Necro AKA Ric & Arn
    Win Conditions

For a village win (The goodies) they simply have to kill all the non-villagers in the game. When the last non-villager dies, the village wins the game.

For the Wolves to win the game they have to gain parity with the village.

There will also be a new Finisher Move Mechanic at play in this game but that will be explained later :)

ANY CHANGES WILL BE ANNOUNCED AS THEY ARE MADE.... and remember *disclaimer* mods may have secrets
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Finisher Mechanic

Each of you have exactly one stored finishing move which you can use on another superstar at any time in the game. 

To use your finisher (you can name it if you wish), simply PM the game mods with your target. 

There are three possible effects your finishing move may have:

1. Reversal - if you target another player who has a stored finishing move they will be able to reverse the attack, at the cost of their own finisher. No harm will come to either opponent.

2. Knocked Prone - if you target another player with your finishing move and they do not have the ability to reverse it, you will knock them prone and the target will lose their lynch vote in the next available lynch. The prone state finishes after the lynch.

3. TKO - A player who has already been knocked prone by a finishing move can be eliminated from the game completely by use of another finisher within the same phase. They will be knocked out and unable to continue in their WWF Career. 

1013690ac035b2e5a16c569d96661b8d.gif

tenor.gif

show-rusev-gifs-001_001.gif

There may or may not be opportunities for superstars to gain/replenish their finisher throughout the game...

Game Summary:

Day 1:

MrKingsley is munched by WCW

Trigger is Stunned out of the game

Gabriel WW is lynched

Holly WW loses the Main Event of WrestleMania and is Eliminated

Important Mod Announcements Part 1

Important Mod Announcements Part 2

Day 2:

Nigel WW is munched by AEW

Important Mod Announcements

An Identity Is Revealed

Oisin WW is Finished by Finishers

Also Starring LeVar Burton is Finished By Finishers

Desmond WW is Finished by Finishers

kitten_k is Eliminated via Lass Kicking

Stu Redman is Lynched

Katie WW is Speared and Eliminated

Conor WW is Finished by Finishers

A Shot is Fired

Someone is Protected

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Player List:

Also Starring LeVar Burton
    Angus WW
    cee_jay
    Conor WW
    Desmond WW
    Emily WW
    Eva WW
    Gabriel WW
    Holly WW
    Jake WW
    JP Liz V1
    Katie WW
    khalessi
    kitten_k
    LadySkunk
    Lord TSC
    mitsuko045
    MrKingsley
    Oisin WW
    Patrick WW
    Rikand
    ShaneU
    Stu Redman
    Trigger
    Vernon WW
    Whiplashy
    y0ssar1an22

Lynch Form Link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdfYqpdJUQJAfAmNjM8211CFLZ7bW1JySn1cktxK89Ci21Nog/closedform

DO NOT POST YET

The Road To WrestleMania begins now....

Who will stand victorious

giphy.gif

And who will be staring up at the lights, defeated...

80a8d52daf7042e533a4b059573250db.gif

Game On - first action Monday morning (though we may have a competition on Sunday for you all)

tumblr_mds1ucGmQz1reaut0o1_500.gifv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

In before the lock.

I cannot wait to rumble with you all

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

MrKingsley wrote: »
    In before the lock.

I cannot wait to rumble with you all

Cage lock?

Happy Friday folks

WW on a Friday evening is new :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,698 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

are we allowed post?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

are we allowed post?

Yeah I think so.. it says Game on in the last post there also so presume that means post away

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

are we allowed post?

1i8hor.jpg

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Necro wrote: »
    Finisher Mechanic

Each of you have exactly one stored finishing move which you can use on another superstar at any time in the game. 

1. Reversal - if you target another player who has a stored finishing move they will be able to reverse the attack, at the cost of their own finisher. No harm will come to either opponent.

2. Knocked Prone - if you target another player with your finishing move and they do not have the ability to reverse it, you will knock them prone and the target will lose their lynch vote in the next available lynch. The prone state finishes after the lynch.

3. TKO - A player who has already been knocked prone by a finishing move can be eliminated from the game completely by use of another finisher within the same phase. They will be knocked out and unable to continue in their WWF Career.

Game On - first action Monday morning (though we may have a competition on Sunday for you all)

it seems 3 players can team up to take out any player at any time in the game.

It may be possible that we are not considered 'in the game' yet until monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Is the list of characters secret this time?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

I've no idea what we up against from the OP, I'll need to read it again tomorrow but I thought we were going to get some more details :( or maybe more to come on Sunday?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Angus WW wrote: »
    it seems 3 players can team up to take out any player at any time in the game.

It may be possible that we are not considered 'in the game' yet until monday morning.

Was going to say, the finisher mechanic initially needs a trio to form a stable.

But of course, in doing so, leaves themselves open to a tag team being able to hit them. (Cause you wouldn’t need an initial cancelling out finisher).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Oh a surprise Friday start - I like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Just popping in because I know you will have all been eagerly awaiting my arrival :D I'm just about to have a few drinkies, and I do try not to werewolf and drink, so I shall be back in the morning!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

In before the stampede of people posting on the first day1wsocy.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Just popping in because I know you will have all been eagerly awaiting my arrival :D I'm just about to have a few drinkies, and I do try not to werewolf and drink, so I shall be back in the morning!

Uh oh, too late for me! I think I missed that memo :D

Evening all.

It's good to be back, well it feels good right now. Hope that feeling lasts :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Welcome Stu. Glad one of us is feeling good. All this wrestling terminology etc has me very very confused.

It's been a long time since I was a fan of Wrestling.

Very interesting to see this starting on a Friday with Day 1 on the Monday.

Really interesting finisher mechanism

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Evening all.

It's good to be back, well it feels good right now. Hope that feeling lasts :D

We will ask you again at the end of the week :D

• Advertisement

cee_jay wrote: »
    Welcome Stu. Glad one of us is feeling good. All this wrestling terminology etc has me very very confused.

I had one quick read of OP for now, some parts I get, some I don't. I'm not gonna worry too much for now as I wasn't expecting to have to roll my sleeves up with this until Sunday. Don't worry about the wrestling terminology, there are wrestling fans playing who will break it down or at least throw out their theories in the coming days.

I like that Finisher mechanic, be fun to see what unfolds with that. There will need to be team work on thread in order to try to take out a target, especially if that target still has their stored finisher.

Trigger wrote: »
    It's been a long time since I was a fan of Wrestling.

Very interesting to see this starting on a Friday with Day 1 on the Monday.

Really interesting finisher mechanism

Well I'll be damned, I'm playing WW with Trigger. The world really did flip on its head in the last year :D
    kitten_k wrote: »
    We will ask you again at the end of the week :D

I'd say Monday will be soon enough to warrant a different answer kitten :pac:

Well I'll be damned, I'm playing WW with Trigger. The world really did flip on its head in the last year :D

I'd say Monday will be soon enough to warrant a different answer kitten :pac:

I'm a veteran now :pac: it's been that long for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,698 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

as the monday night wars are mentioned, are we expecting an appearance from some WCW superstars?

I'm a veteran now :pac: it's been that long for ya!

You been in a Mexican standoff finale yet? I was in my very first game.

That shít still haunts years later!

Ha, not yet thankfully!

Last 3 games were memorable in their own way though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I still have some nightmares about being Sonic and being betrayed at the end by Tails :(

Ha, not yet thankfully!

Last 3 games were memorable in their own way though.

Sure I heard you were deadly, I'm gonna have to watch out for you when things get serious here later ;)
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    I still have some nightmares about being Sonic and being betrayed at the end by Tails :(

Ah I missed Sonic and Tails, but what you just said is sending me off for a read of that game's conclusion.

It was The Walking Dead 1 for me. Sure I hadn't a clue what I was at. That was the game that Jayo gave a lash as well :pac:

Somehow I survived til the end as a villager, only to be totally gazumped by a low-lying grumpy wolf at the death. It was a galling feeling.

But then in my last game, The Stand, I was the tricksy wolf winner in the standoff finale, and that was a feeling of pure surprise and elation.

Swings and roundabouts this WW stuff. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

First!

Awww

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

nearly forgot about this until I saw the pm but in prep I watched some WWE on YouTube and Fighting with My Family, which is not a bad movie.

Evening all

WELLLLLCOME TOOOOOOOOOO THE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKENNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDD!!!

Advertisement