Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWF: Werewolf Wrestling Federation

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

khalessi wrote: »
    The real question is , whose turn is it to win?

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

You wouldn't be suggesting that wrestling is scripted in some way would you?

Because that is sacrilege!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The real question is , whose turn is it to win?

Tread carefully....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,565 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Drew in 25 minutes

cee_jay wrote: »
    The Undertaker was a wrestler when my brothers used to watch wrestling in the early 90s. Is he still taking part?? :eek:

No first WM with no Undertaker match, he "retired" with his streak broken by Lesnar

Vernon WW wrote: »
    I have no idea who either is but go Drew.

Same here. If I saw the names without knowing the context, I'd guess that the lads are accountants or partners in a law firm.

From the 2 minutes of googling that I have done though, I reckon Bobby Lashley will win this, based purely on the first article I clicked on and the opinion of that writer/internet fan. :pac:

I'm putting in the hard work here clearly...Bobby Lashley in 20 minutes is my pick.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No first WM with no Undertaker match, he "retired" with his streak broken by Lesnar

Despite not being a regular watcher for about 20 years now, I still tuned in for WM most years. That was such a bullshít end to the streak. A complete waste too, Lesnar didn't need that win to further his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

The first google article I clicked on had one contributor going for Bobby, the other for Drew. Great help that was! Then I googled how long a match was and got 45 mins, but everyone here was between 10 and 20 mins in the main. So who knows anything?!

The first google article I clicked on had one contributor going for Bobby, the other for Drew. Great help that was! Then I googled how long a match was and got 45 mins, but everyone here was between 10 and 20 mins in the main. So who knows anything?!

Haha, by the sounds of it we read the same article. It's just I agreed with the Bobby guy rather than the Drew guy. My limited knowledge of the business would have me leaning towards the sense in a Bobby win over a Drew win.

Also, I googled the average length of WM main events. A stat from 2017 says it was something like 21 minutes, so that's where my 20 minute guess is coming from.

Reality: Drew will probably win this in 7 minutes or something :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Haha, by the sounds of it we read the same article. It's just I agreed with the Bobby guy rather than the Drew guy. My limited knowledge of the business would have me leaning towards the sense in a Bobby win over a Drew win.

Also, I googled the average length of WM main events. A stat from 2017 says it was something like 21 minutes, so that's where my 20 minute guess is coming from.

Reality: Drew will probably win this in 7 minutes or something :pac:

Ah... This is where we differ. You have limited knowledge. I have zero knowledge :D

• Advertisement

Ah... This is where we differ. You have limited knowledge. I have zero knowledge :D

It won't matter anyway, it'll all boil down to "what Vince wants" on the night.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    Bobby Lashey is the champ coming into the match, but Drew McIntyre is bookies favorite by a good bit.

Forget everything else. Bookies do not lose. I checked bet365.com they don't seem to know there is a match on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

100% Drew will win. He won it last year with no fans so this is his real win tonight. Lol at all of you googling the match.

ShaneU wrote: »
    100% Drew will win. He won it last year with no fans so this is his real win tonight. Lol at all of you googling the match.

Shush, let people pick Bobby so there's better chances for us to win a prize :pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Whiplashy wrote: »

The drinkies last night got a little out of hand... I've not managed to rise from my pit yet. I shall return later once my the sledge hammer in my head pipes down

Lockdown has revealed terrors beyond belief - not drinking for so long and then thinking you can still do it and forgetting how bad hangovers actually are as you approach your 40''s is the stuff of nightmares

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Shush, let people pick Bobby so there's better chances for us to win a prize :pac:

Im going to win because I used the technical method of picking alphbetically

Tread carefully....

So we can't have a chuckle at you or the business, yet when we try to get into the swing of things...

Ok then.

Noted. :)

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

You wouldn't be suggesting that wrestling is scripted in some way would you?

Because that is sacrilege!!!

hYVTpKF.png

:D

• Advertisement

Whats a smark?

Emily WW wrote: »
    Whats a smark?

A "smart mark".

A "mark" is someone who thinks or acts as if wrestling is "real".

A "Smart mark" is someone who knows it isn't, but suspends disbelief enough to continue pretending it is. Traditionally, it's also a term used to describe online fans who obsess about wrestling, talking about it and how they'd book shows, etc.

Whats a smark?

Someone who follows all the behind the scenes goings on and reads wrestling newsletters etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,572 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Whats a smark?

TSC and Shane

Trigger wrote: »
    TSC and Shane

I think the guy who mods the wrestling forum might be a bigger smark than me.

Trigger wrote: »
    TSC and Shane

source.gif

• Advertisement

source.gif

Sorry

Is there a baby sewn into the bottom turnbuckle of that ring!!

I cant unsee it!

Whats a smark?

Lordy covered it there, but my use of the term was just meant as a 'smart fan' which surely the majority of wrestling fans have to be nowadays given the internet age. I meant nothing derogatory.

The first thing I ever searched for when I got to use the internet at a public computer in Blanchardstown Centre back in the mid 90s was "WWF" and there were already fans sites at that early time. RajahWWF anyone??

Internet smart fans have been around for about 25 years now :eek:

If Lordy, Shane and any other observant wrestling fan is saying that Drew is going to win tonight, well then that is likely what's going to happen.

I believe Bobby Lashley is a heel though, so I'm gonna go for that WM main event heel win no matter what the smarks or bookies know :D

Joking aside, could go either way.

Drew is the big babyface, the good guy. Wrestlemania is the biggest show of the year. Its the first show back in front of a crowd since Covid began, so my instinct would be that they'd have the good guy win to have everyone happy. Traditionally, I'd put money on the good guy winning.

BUUUUUUT sometimes when things are that obvious, WWE decides to absolutely screw around with people and go with a more "unpredictable" result. Or have a DQ result, which could meam a weird technicality result. Plus I think it's not THE big match tonight either, which means they aren't as tied to having the good guy win.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

I feel like I'm learning a whole new language.

I'll be smarking, facing and heeling with the best of ye by Monday.

(Did I do it right?)

• Advertisement

Sorry

Is there a baby sewn into the bottom turnbuckle of that ring!!

I cant unsee it!

:D little Rock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

All this talk is making me want to start following WWE Wrestling...

Where does one begin? There's so much history and ongoing storylines I feel I'd be lost just jumping straight in to Wrestlemania tonight? Would it be worth me watching a handful of the most recent episodes of RAW or something first?

All this talk is making me want to start following WWE Wrestling...

Where does one begin? There's so much history and ongoing storylines I feel I'd be lost just jumping straight in to Wrestlemania tonight? Would it be worth me watching a handful of the most recent episodes of RAW or something first?
    AEW is the best wrestling show right now. WWE has been crap for a long time. Hollywood writers handing them scripts of what to say, it's just terrible. Raw is almost unwatchable

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

AEW is the best wrestling show right now. WWE has been crap for a long time. Hollywood writers handing them scripts of what to say, it's just terrible. Raw is almost unwatchable

Oooh, okay, a quick google tells me this is new (well 2019), and I do like watching things from the very beginning, so might try and go back and slowly catch-up on that from the get go over the next few months if I like it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

You actually wouldn't be that lost jumping into WrestleMania tonight tbh. They usually do big recap packages for the matches before they start

Here's one from WrestleMania 17 (widely regarded as the best WrestleMania)

Best match promo ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,572 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Necro wrote: »
    You actually wouldn't be that lost jumping into WrestleMania tonight tbh. They usually do big recap packages for the matches before they start

Here's one from WrestleMania 17 (widely regarded as the best WrestleMania)

That's probably one of the last wrestlemania that I watched, around the time I stopped watching Wrestling, I was about 18 and had found alcohol and parties :pac:

WWE is the top promotion, it has produced the biggest stars, I agree Raw can be bad but Smackdown and NXT are good

AEW is good ( especially when Cody doesn't showboat take over too much) but many of it's stars are from WWE and even as a huge Christian fan, WWE is still the top

The attitude era won't be topped imho

So anyway, which of ye scoundrels are wolves?!

Not gonna name the player because it will seem like I'm throwing cheap shade, but just be aware that we are playing this game with arguably Boards' G.O.A.T. wolf.

That person could be an NRV in this particular game, but if they are a wolf, we have a tough road ahead and likely won't cop it until it's too/very late. They are ultra-villagery.

TLDR - Beware of Goatwolf.

t4TPZMe.png

• Advertisement

Not gonna name the player because it will seem like I'm throwing cheap shade, but just be aware that we are playing this game with arguably Boards' G.O.A.T. wolf.

That person could be an NRV in this particular game, but if they are a wolf, we have a tough road ahead and likely won't cop it until it's too/very late. They are ultra-villagery.

Thats a very wolfy post!

Thats a very wolfy post!

Yep...knew I was going to get that in making such a post, but sure we have to start the game somewhere. Thread going 24+ hours now.

Morning folks hows it going, youve been waiting and its happened, here I am The Great One, now whats today's plan? I woke up saw the sun and for a moment went yayyyyy sunny day, go to beach, then I emembered oh 2021 5k restriction disapppointing. Hows everyone?

The Rock? What's cooking?

TLDR - Beware of Goatwolf.

200.gif

So Stu is the self proclaimed goat wolf

noted.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Noted by me too.

Is the list of characters secret this time?

Yes when are they revealed?

giphy.gif

noted.
    Jake WW wrote: »
    Noted by me too.

Your notes are noted.

• Advertisement

noted.

Nope, not me, I wouldn't even be in the Top 5 or 10.

Noted that you, Emily and Liz have used it for cheap shade though, while Levar and Lordy took it for the bit of craic it was.

The game is afoot.

Advertisement