Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

There's walk-in testing for all UCC students on campus today and tomorrow, must be a few cases about

Could explain the uptick in Cork's cases. A similar centre in UL too, afaik, from the tweets I'm seeing from the HSE briefing.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

There's walk-in testing for all UCC students on campus today and tomorrow, must be a few cases about

That's a good idea, but I did think no students on campus all remote zoom lectures studies etc.,

• Registered Users Posts: 30,870 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    That's a good idea, but I did think no students on campus all remote zoom lectures studies etc.,

I'd imagine there's only a certain amount you can do remotely for certain courses... for some you simply need the proper lab facilities etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Students - even those not on campus for months - were emailed yesterday and told that if they wished, they could take a test at the college today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Know somebody who got a vaccine in PUC the other day, he was waiting two hours along with other group 4 , vulnerable people. Bit of a farce that day was anyway and they were just waiting in the sun.

He did ask about the vaccine choice, but they are just given a certain vaccine everyday and administer those. They don't have a set amount of pfizer or AZ and stuff. For example he got AZ because its all they had, but the next day could be only pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Know somebody who got a vaccine in PUC the other day, he was waiting two hours along with other group 4 , vulnerable people. Bit of a farce that day was anyway and they were just waiting in the sun.

He did ask about the vaccine choice, but they are just given a certain vaccine everyday and administer those. They don't have a set amount of pfizer or AZ and stuff. For example he got AZ because its all they had, but the next day could be only pfizer.

Me and plenty of others would gladly wait alot more than 2 hours in any conditions for a vaccine, the more that don't take it the sooner we will get our chance.

Me and plenty of others would gladly wait alot more than 2 hours in any conditions for a vaccine, the more that don't take it the sooner we will get our chance.

If you're given a time, and you arrive at the set time, you shouldn't have to wait two hours amongst other people who are clearly in the vulnerable, very high risk category. City hall seems to working efficiently, but waiting two hours? Whats the point of an appointment time?

All these people arrived to get their vaccine so they all did wait, im not sure what you mean by the more that don't take it? They were waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

If you're given a time, and you arrive at the set time, you shouldn't have to wait two hours amongst other people who are clearly in the vulnerable, very high risk category. City hall seems to working efficiently, but waiting two hours? Whats the point of an appointment time?

All these people arrived to get their vaccine so they all did wait, im not sure what you mean by the more that don't take it? They were waiting?

A few no shows or a few that are not eligible for one reason or another and the vaccination process will be slowed down, preferable to have people waiting for the vaccinator than the other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

They are great figures again and regardless of spikes in positive cases the main figures of the % positive and the 7 day average are all falling week on week

17th March
    15,309 tested 669 positive = 4.37%
    7 day average 3.9%

24th March
    19,979 tested 694 positive = 3.47%
    7 day average 3.9%

31st March
    21,051 tested 712 positive = 3.38%
    7 day average 3.3%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I was there and it all ran smoothly and I was out in an hour , would have been quicker but I had a lot of questions and wanted to speak to a medic before I took it, I think it was very well organised.

fin12 wrote: »
    I was there and it all ran smoothly and I was out in an hour , would have been quicker but I had a lot of questions and wanted to speak to a medic before I took it, I think it was very well organised.

That's good, hopefully it was just a fluke of a day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

30 mins in and out for me today

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Fourwinds

I had my vaccine in PUC last Friday the Q did move a bit slow, thankfully it was dry and sunny. My first text was for 2am corrected a few later to 2.20 pm. To be honest I really didn’t care just happy to start the Vaccine. A friend got hers in the city hall and was in and out in 40mins yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

400 cases

7 deaths

26 cases in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

i'll get lea data up tonight to see case locations

Has countries still stopped using the AZ vaccine? I think it's not given to under 30s here and is AZ the most used vaccine here in ROI?

Has countries still stopped using the AZ vaccine? I think it's not given to under 30s here and is AZ the most used vaccine here in ROI?
    There has been no changes to how AZ is given in Ireland - Pfizer is the most used

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭deeperlearning

About 25% of vaccine administered in Ireland have been AstraZeneca.

In the UK, the vast majority were AstraZeneca.

• Advertisement

COVID-19 14-day incidence rates per 100,000 population by Local Electoral Area (LEA), Cork 23/03/2021 to 05/04/2021

Bandon-Kinsale - Confirmed Cases in LEA: <5 (-), LEA rate per 100k pop: <5 (-)

Bantry-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: <5 (-), LEA rate per 100k pop: <5 (-)

Carrigaline - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 15 (+10), LEA rate per 100k pop: 43 (+29)

Cobh - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 12 (+3), LEA rate per 100k pop: 35 (+9)

Cork City North East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 32 (+2), LEA rate per 100k pop: 76 (+5)

Cork City North West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 36 (+5), LEA rate per 100k pop: 90 (+13)

Cork City South Central - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 60 (+31), LEA rate per 100k pop: 155 (+54)

Cork City South East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 37 (+13), LEA rate per 100k pop: 87 (+31)

Cork City South West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 10 (+5), LEA rate per 100k pop: 21 (+10)

Fermoy - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 8 (-4), LEA rate per 100k pop: 22 (-11)

Kanturk - Confirmed Cases in LEA: <5 (-), LEA rate per 100k pop: <5 (-)

Macroom - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 19 (+13), LEA rate per 100k pop: 52 (+36)

Mallow - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 27 (-), LEA rate per 100k pop: 94 (-)

Midleton - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 41 (+23), LEA rate per 100k pop: 90 (+50)

Skibbereen-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: <5 (-), LEA rate per 100k pop: <5 (-)

Most significant increases seen in Midleton and the city centre regions.

There has been no changes to how AZ is given in Ireland - Pfizer is the most used
    About 25% of vaccine administered in Ireland have been AstraZeneca.

In the UK, the vast majority were AstraZeneca.

Sorry I thought there was changed here :o

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/health/no-change-toastrazeneca-vaccine-in-ireland-despite-uk-limitingjab-to-over-30s-amid-blood-clot-reports-40285070.html

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniel2021

Anyone here hearing of people in cohort 4 specifically those who qualify due to BMI being vaccinated in Cork?

A relative is in this cateogory and getting nowhere with GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aisling86

Daniel2021 wrote: »
    Anyone here hearing of people in cohort 4 specifically those who qualify due to BMI being vaccinated in Cork?

A relative is in this cateogory and getting nowhere with GP.

Our local gp said anyone in this category to ring the practice. They get a vaccine delivery every 2wks so they will be done once next batch arrives. Facebook is down so can't get the screenshot at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniel2021

aisling86 wrote: »
    Our local gp said anyone in this category to ring the practice. They get a vaccine delivery every 2wks so they will be done once next batch arrives. Facebook is down so can't get the screenshot at the moment.

Thanks for that. It's my mum and I've rang her GP and they said they are still on 75 to 79 years and have no idea about cohort 4. Interesting to hear others are actually on cohort 4. Annoying that it seems to vary so much based on who your doctor is. On the HSE website it says first doses for cohort 4 will be done by 3rd of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aisling86

Daniel2021 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. It's my mum and I've rang her GP and they said they are still on 75 to 79 years and have no idea about cohort 4. Interesting to hear others are actually on cohort 4. Annoying that it seems to vary so much based on who your doctor is. On the HSE website it says first doses for cohort 4 will be done by 3rd of May.

Yup they said cohort 4 will run in tandem with over 70's. I actually found it on my phone. Here is the wording..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Hospital numbers at 8pm

Total 209 (down from 220 last night)
    ICU 53 (down from 54 last night - no deaths)

New lowest 8pm total number for 2021.

Last Thursday
    Total 255
    ICU 61.

( - Taken from Covid forum)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

That’s from the 27th of March

A little over a week later the average over the last 7 days sits at 19,615. Still a long way off the 35,000 per day needed to meet targets. I’ll go out on a limb here say that by the start of May the 7 day average still won’t be at the 35,000 doses required to meet targets.

Daily average (last 7 days): 17,332
    ‣ 7 day total (rolling): 121,326
    ‣ Doses administered per 100 people: 19.33

Our 7 day average has FALLEN.. Nice to see the HSE pump the breaks on the roll out over the long weekend. No rush lads it’s not like the country is at a standstill waiting on yer “ramp up”

Yet more GPs online today with people and staff ready to administer vaccines that were due to arrive at 7:30am. Over 3 & 1/2 hours later still no sign of them

14 cases in Cork today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

473 cases. 34 deaths.

14 cases in Cork.

The deaths reporting is all over the place in todays figures, 19 in Feb and 3 in December for example.

212 in hospital. 53 in ICU.

I wonder if may get close to under 200 in hospital by this evenings figures.

Advertisement