Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,129 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Daniel2021 wrote: »
    Is city hall still just doing healthcare workers?

My mother got a text from CUH today for City Hall vaccine but she prefers to wait for her own GP, she is nervous, she is not in healthcare or frontline, she prefers if someone in that group takes her place, she also wants to know what vaccine she is getting, I know a few older folks who asked this to their GP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

fin12 wrote: »
    Source? Can the fully vaccinated person not decided to do it themselves ?

Apologies. I made that up as you know well you cant just decide to not wear one when you are vaccinated.
    As Away With The Fairies said, the answer is kinda obvious but of course you knew that before asking didn't you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Source? Can the fully vaccinated person not decided to do it themselves ?

That would mean that staff would have to go around and get proof that everyone not wearing a mask was vaccinated, not practical.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ludo wrote: »
    Apologies. I made that up as you know well you cant just decide to not wear one when you are vaccinated.
    As Away With The Fairies said, the answer is kinda obvious but of course you knew that before asking didn't you.

No I didn’t Ludo, stop letting ur personal opinion on me make u always have to get ur nasty digs in.

I honestly don’t know why u reply to my posts and as some others on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

No I didn’t Ludo, stop letting ur personal opinion on me make u always have to get ur nasty digs in.

I honestly don’t know why u reply to my posts and as some others on here.

Do some research before posting, for your own sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,896 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Strange priorities right there. "What's the first thing you're looking forward to after vaccination/restrictions end?". "Walk round a supermarket without wearing a mask. Woohoo. Living my best life!".

I've a list of about a hundred things I'm looking forward to and go to shop without a mask is at the very very bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    My mother got a text from CUH today for City Hall vaccine but she prefers to wait for her own GP, she is nervous, she is not in healthcare or frontline, she prefers if someone in that group takes her place, she also wants to know what vaccine she is getting, I know a few older folks who asked this to their GP

I'm unsure if you were making a statement or asking a question.

I know in my area that it's happening at local health center and you essentially have to go at your given time and take what your given.
    Is your mothers GP giving out the vaccine?
    I'm very unsure what will happen if she decline it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Friend of mine with an appointment for City Hall on the 7th.... brilliant too see it finally operational after paying rent for months on end for nothing to show. Hopefully they get through large numbers in there a smoothly

What do you mean paying rent on City Hall?

It's a government owned building being used by the government.

I know in my area that it's happening at local health center and you essentially have to go at your given time and take what your given.

Yes we are trying to convince her to go and get but she is nervous and wants to wait to speak to her GP, prefers from him, I assume she was a back up reserve, her GP is giving vaccines but not on her age group yet

I was responding to the question about city hall vaccines

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Stark wrote: »
    Strange priorities right there. "What's the first thing you're looking forward to after vaccination/restrictions end?". "Walk round a supermarket without wearing a mask. Woohoo. Living my best life!".

I've a list of about a hundred things I'm looking forward to and go to shop without a mask is at the very very bottom.

You assume wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Does anyone know if a doctor chooses which vaccine is best to use for a patient?

I'm at an increased risk for blood clots and strokes, so I'm hesitant to take the AZ vaccine. But would like a doctor to help me decide as well.

Does anyone know if a doctor chooses which vaccine is best to use for a patient?

I'm at an increased risk for blood clots and strokes, so I'm hesitant to take the AZ vaccine. But would like a doctor to help me decide as well.

Yes talk to your GP, I'm hesitant of the AZ vaccine too

• Registered Users Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

You don't get to choose the vaccine nor does the doctor. The EMA have already stated that there is no evidence that past history of clotting episodes is a risk factor with the AZ vaccine.

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-review-very-rare-cases-unusual-blood-clots-continues

At present the review has not identified any specific risk factors, such as age, gender or a previous medical history of clotting disorders, for these very rare events.

I know of someone who asked her doctor specifically for the Pfizer one, she suffers from bad cough, bronchitis, sore lungs etc., from house dampness, she may have been prone to clots I'm not sure of that but do speak to your GP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Which age group are you in? The way this is evolving you may not have to worry about astra, if the UK stop giving it to under thirties, I reckon we will go higher, maybe under sixties like Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

What do you mean paying rent on City Hall?

It's a government owned building being used by the government.

All those Marquees, the temporary lighting, heaters, additional PCs, printers etc etc etc are all on hire from third party’s which are charging monthly fees to the HSE/Government

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Which age group are you in? The way this is evolving you may not have to worry about astra, if the UK stop giving it to under thirties, I reckon we will go higher, maybe under sixties like Germany.

I'm under 40. Nothing I can do but wait and see what my doctor thinks.

All those Marquees, the temporary lighting, heaters, additional PCs, printers etc etc etc are all on hire from third party’s which are charging monthly fees to the HSE/Government

What happened with the very expensive printer the government purchased?

• Site Banned Posts: 16 RoseStick

You have the wrong person Away with the fairies for all of your PMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,483 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What happened with the very expensive printer the government purchased?

That's an industrial-grade printer, what use would it be for a vaccination centre?

Also, if they couldn't get it into the space at the time of installation, it sure as hell isn't coming back out. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

April 2nd was the first day when our (per capita) vaccination rate exceeded the UK's. It's a bit nationalistic, but we'll take any good news these days. Hope the trajectory continues upwards, and it's not just a high blip before another shortage.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭suds1984

How long is it taking to get a result from a covid test these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

suds1984 wrote: »

My friend got one yesterday and is still waiting to hear back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

suds1984 wrote: »
    usually max you'll wait is 48 hrs

32 cases in Cork today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

There must be an outbreak somewhere, any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

32 cases in Cork today

Definitely an uptick in cases recently

Hopefully its just isolated outbreaks and they can be contained

9 cases yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

That's good to see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Our cases 14 day rate per 100,000 has gone from low 40's to high 50's. According to the Covid tracker app, Mallow, Cork City south central, Cork City North west & City North East are the worst.

Advertisement