Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Something similar happened to me turned out...it was sent to a different parcel D.O ( delivery office) then was resent back to mail centre. They are dealing with unprecedented volumes of parcels in the current climate. You will get it unless its illegal and from Amsterdam :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Finally received the parcels yesterday. Was getting worried with having the parcels stuck for days in the parcel hub in Dublin. I don't think they were ever that slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Finally received the parcels yesterday. Was getting worried with having the parcels stuck for days in the parcel hub in Dublin. I don't think they were ever that slow.

so it was the 4th working day rather than the estimated 3rd working day?

Hardly the end of the world and Mother's Day parcel volume may have had an affect.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,908 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Has there been a delay with post/parcels?

An Post have struggled for the last 12 months. Some items are delivered next day and others are taking weeks. It's not just an Irish thing. Parcel to Canada took over a month. Parcel from Germany took a month. The biggest delay I have had with an Post is 6 weeks getting a parcel from Dublin to Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    An Post have struggled for the last 12 months. Some items are delivered next day and others are taking weeks. It's not just an Irish thing. Parcel to Canada took over a month. Parcel from Germany took a month. The biggest delay I have had with an Post is 6 weeks getting a parcel from Dublin to Kerry

I'm still waiting for 2 Christmas parcels from Germany. There is currently only one passenger flight a day to all of Germany, so there must be a giant backlog.

• Advertisement

silver2020 wrote: »
    so it was the 4th working day rather than the estimated 3rd working day?

Hardly the end of the world and Mother's Day parcel volume may have had an affect.

I don't mind it being late. It's not knowing when they will get around to sending it on. Shouldn't be sitting for days in the parcel hub. Scan it and move it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭VG31

I'm still waiting for 2 Christmas parcels from Germany. There is currently only one passenger flight a day to all of Germany, so there must be a giant backlog.

Germany to Ireland has taken about a week for my 3 parcels in the last month. DHL use road from Germany to Ireland so passenger flights have nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Sleeper12 wrote: »

I have a son & daughter in South Africa, Son in Joburg & Daughter in Cape Town. I posted them Christmas cards around December 9th. My Daughter got the card on March 04. My Son's is still somewhere between Newbridge & Joburg. I also have a Sister in Dallas, who posted a Christmas Card to us on December 10 & it arrived through our letterbox 2 week in February.

Going by this, it seems post is delayed all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I don't mind it being late. It's not knowing when they will get around to sending it on. Shouldn't be sitting for days in the parcel hub. Scan it and move it on.

But if you got the text there's a link to the tracking that gives you the information.

As humans deliver the parcels, it is their physical capability that can cause local delay and Saturday delivery is now standard and hundreds of new staff have been taken on.

But with most shops closed, it's exceptionally busy for all parcel services here and all over the world.

Just allow a little extra time.

Darc19 wrote: »
    But if you got the text there's a link to the tracking that gives you the information.

As humans deliver the parcels, it is their physical capability that can cause local delay and Saturday delivery is now standard and hundreds of new staff have been taken on.

But with most shops closed, it's exceptionally busy for all parcel services here and all over the world.

Just allow a little extra time.

I know I have a text but tracking info wasn't being updated. And if we're including Saturday, my parcel was delivered on day 5. It's not knowing when they will actually send it. Is it day 3, 4, 5 or whenever? And I'm very much understanding with things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

Is anyone else having problems with the An Post site, I am trying to track a parcel and I am getting a 403 error when I try to go to the site

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

jahalpin wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems with the An Post site, I am trying to track a parcel and I am getting a 403 error when I try to go to the site

Works fine for me https://www.anpost.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Srfcsean

What’s the waiting time for mail coming from UK with Royal Mail now a days ?? Cheers n advance anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,193 ✭✭✭corkie

Srfcsean wrote: »
    What’s the waiting time for mail coming from UK with Royal Mail now a days ?? Cheers n advance anyone

I ordered a small item from ebay on the 13th March, Posted on 16th.

Estimated delivery: Fri, Mar 19, 2021 - Wed, Mar 24, 2021

Due to the coronavirus emergency, deliveries may be delayed.

Still waiting on delivery, no updates since posted.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Cheers for that man so it’s hit and miss then , no worries left UK on 26th do still early days then

I got a small envelope sized package in three days last month.

VG31 wrote: »
    I got a small envelope sized package in three days last month.

Luck was on your side then , not
    Much else we can do is wait just hope
    It’s not weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,193 ✭✭✭corkie

corkie wrote: »
    I ordered a small item from ebay on the 13th March, Posted on 16th.

Estimated delivery: Fri, Mar 19, 2021 - Wed, Mar 24, 2021

Due to the coronavirus emergency, deliveries may be delayed.

Still waiting on delivery, no updates since posted.

That item arrived this morning, Cork, Wed 31/03, so a weeks delay on estimate.

Tracking has it been sorted in Dublin, yesterday.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

corkie wrote: »
    That item arrived this morning, Cork, Wed 31/03, so a weeks delay on estimate.

Tracking has it been sorted in Dublin, yesterday.

Thanks for that , yea mine still sez item leaving the uk more information might be on Irish side , it’s only 4 or 5 days now so hopefully not much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Hi, anyone waiting on parcels from USA? Waiting on package low value been in customs since 1st March no movement, I'm thinking they lost it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

Does any one have any idea if Irish customs are opening every small package/ largish envelope than comes from Royal Mail across to an Post?

So far everything I have ordered has been opened although I was using addresspal in those cases.

This time its just direct to me via royal Mail standard.Total value including postage will come under €22. Also what kind of delays might I expect? Thanks for any info

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Everything I've ever had delivered to AddressPal has been opened.

Not always customs charged but certainly more often charged this year, whether it's from the States or UK

It is what it's.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

AddressPal T&Cs state they can open everything and they usually do for that service to see the goods and look for paperwork. Normal post is anyones guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Does any one have any idea if Irish customs are opening every small package/ largish envelope than comes from Royal Mail across to an Post?

So far everything I have ordered has been opened although I was using addresspal in those cases.

This time its just direct to me via royal Mail standard.Total value including postage will come under €22. Also what kind of delays might I expect? Thanks for any info

Had wool delivered from the UK last week and it wasn't opened. Delivered directly to my door.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 P38Man

Confirming an earlier post on here, An Post are not scanning USPS packages coming into Ireland. I had a small parcel brought to the post office in Washington on March 23rd, USPS scanned it leaving Newark on the 26th, and the USPS system then had it departing Dublin Airport in transit to its destination on the 27th. It arrived on my doorstep this morning 6th April. There was and still is nothing on the AnPost system with its tracking number. The potential for abuse / theft is not good given that AnPost will refuse to acknowledge the existence of parcels being sent by USPS. Does anyone know WHY AnPost is no longer scanning USPS packages? I find it very strange.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

P38Man wrote: »
    Confirming an earlier post on here, An Post are not scanning USPS packages coming into Ireland. I had a small parcel brought to the post office in Washington on March 23rd, USPS scanned it leaving Newark on the 26th, and the USPS system then had it departing Dublin Airport in transit to its destination on the 27th. It arrived on my doorstep this morning 6th April. There was and still is nothing on the AnPost system with its tracking number. The potential for abuse / theft is not good given that AnPost will refuse to acknowledge the existence of parcels being sent by USPS. Does anyone know WHY AnPost is no longer scanning USPS packages? I find it very strange.

Go back though posts on this thread and it'll give an indication of what is happening.. It's hard to tell where it is at any given time. USPS saying it has left the US doesn't mean much. An Post seem to be leaving the tracking off to give themselves more time to get it delivered, which isn't right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NSAman

USPS has the worst service in the delivery game.

Forget about notifications that mean anything.

Speaking as a former large account with USPS, we have changed to DH��L.

USPS does not know what happens to your package once it leaves the USA.

I have had packages leave from US airport on three different days for the same package four weeks apart. The same package should have taken 5 days, it took three months and is still to this day showing as in Germany, despite being delivered.

I now know (to my cost) that slightly higher cost private companies are FAR more efficient and DO provide tracking internationally, which USPS does not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

P38Man wrote: »

Believe me when I say if it is not scanned it is because it won't scan.

USPS use a variety of barcodes some scan some don't .

At delivery office level both the company and the postmen keep a track of how many packets they have and will scan anything that scans

That's how people discovered that when Book Depository items changed their barcode thy found out they will now scan .

SPDUB wrote: »
    Believe me when I say if it is not scanned it is because it won't scan.

USPS use a variety of barcodes some scan some don't .

At delivery office level both the company and the postmen keep a track of how many packets they have and will scan anything that scans

That's how people discovered that when Book Depository items changed their barcode thy found out they will now scan .

I think tracking numbers beginning with U don't scan. I've had Royal Mail and Deutsche Post small packets that haven't had tracking at all/only tracked in Germany.

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-tracking-codes-starting-UM-not-able-to-be-tracked-internationally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Only took my parcel 77 days to get from the GPO in Dublin 2 to their centre in Dublin 12. God know how long it will take these idiots to get it to Mexico City.

05 March 2021 04:56

Your post has left An Post DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

18 December 2020 16:24

Your post was accepted in G.P.O., DUBLIN 1

Anddd finally the parcel has been delivered. Took 112 days to post a small parcel to Mexico. Must have just let it float down to the Mayan coast to be picked up and brought to Mexico City by foot lol

Advertisement