Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I requested a quote from Tesla for my i3, any guesses as to what I'll get ? high spec Rex, 111,500 kms 2017, lets see who will get close lol.

I've been thinking of ID.3 5 seater tour because of the extra range + faster charging, whenever it comes out. ID.4 have to pay 56K to get trim with Travel assist which I absolutely want for my next car for all the Motorway mileage I do.

What exactly has changed that you are now willing to ditch the "best thing since sliced bread" REx?

The network hasnt got better. Alot more EV's now on the road so more stress on it and we havent come out of lockdown yet so we dont even really know how bad its going to be yet.... surely this is against everything you've been saying for years at this stage?.... or have you had a lighbulb moment maybe?... range and charge speed is better than REx? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Dropped it off where ? and what did you get for it ?

I left it when picking up the Tesla.

I got €9,400 which was rip-off. But I didn't have many options given the level 5 lockdown.

Sam W wrote: »
    I was trying to get an idea of how much actual mileage I could get with SR+.

I charged my battery to full 2 weeks ago, and just went on doing grocery shopping etc every few days.

The battery turned yellow (20% left) after 212km, which includes around 40km on motorways doing 110-120km/h. The rest were all city driving.
    Whats your daily commute?

Around 140-180 Kms depending on which site I have to visit or both + I might do some pottering around after work and could end up anywhere from 145-210 Kms in any day. + I got 22 Kw AC chargers on one site and 3 pin socket on another. So range for daily commute isn't an issue it's beyond this when away from home and though I don't have to care with the Rex it would be an issue on longer trips to the west, south west north north west etc, very poor network.

We can take the Outlander Diesel though which I'd rather not but would have to endure it on a long trip to save getting battered with the CCS plug by the missus. :D

ELM327 wrote: »
    I'd comfortably get 220-260km out of an SR+ based on my experience with a loaner.
    If you look at my prior usage figures in other threads (eg 160km in Ioniq, 275km in S90D etc) I tend to be quite heavy footed.

Range isnt an issue in any Tesla, even the 3 SR+.

220 Kms would be a little on the low side don't you think ? that would only be around 70 more Kms than I get now.

KCross wrote: »
    What exactly has changed that you are now willing to ditch the "best thing since sliced bread" REx?

The network hasnt got better. Alot more EV's now on the road so more stress on it and we havent come out of lockdown yet so we dont even really know how bad its going to be yet.... surely this is against everything you've been saying for years at this stage?.... or have you had a lighbulb moment maybe?... range and charge speed is better than REx? ;)

Remember I'm the "Mad_Lad" need I say more ? :D

It comes down to a couple of things,

1 : being the endless motorway commute, I want something to make this more relaxing with some form of automation, auto pilot or VWs travel assist seem like it might help a lot, even the E-Niro which I haven't completely ruled out just yet as this would have the most range or the 5 seater id.3 tour, the id.4 is just too expensive and I don't need such a large car for commuting.

2: change, I love the i3 but I would like to change to something else.

3: high mileage out of warranty.

I haven't completely ruled out a 2nd hand M3 but I'd be aiming at the longer range and they are much harder to find.

As painful as it would be taking the Outlander I'd be willing to do this on weekend trips away if needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Sam W

Think they want 15K deposit for m3 SR + 5 years I'd go over then maybe trade it in 3 years again etc, don't know though if the range would be the best though.

After I made my 100 euro deposit, Tesla Financing team would send you an email about your options. You can put down anywhere from 10% to 80% of the value of the car down as a down payment and you can finance the car over 2 - 6 years. You just fill in the financing application form and email it to them. They would then contact AIB to get an approval.
    Final offer after pics, don't know if they want pics of every single mark ? lol

The only advantage with Tesla is that they don't care about these marks at all. As long as you have all the documents (tax disc, NCT, logbook), they would simply take your car away. No questions asked. They couldn't care less about any marks on your car.

Make sure you do your homework on the trade-in offer. Check with some other dealers and private sellers on donedeal / carzone etc, and see whether you are satisfied with the offer.

If you are happy with the offer, you still need to know that the trade-in offer price is valid for 2 months only. If you are sure you can get your car delivered before it expires, go for it. Otherwise, after the 2 months period, they may give you a significantly lower price just before you are about to pick your new car up, and it would ***k up all of your plans.

I can't emphasise this enough as my own experience hasn't been good at all. After the 2 months were gone, I specifically emailed them to ask whether the price would change, and they told me no. They then sent me another email asking for the remainder of the payment, which I paid within a day. They confirmed they received everything and I should just be waiting for my car to arrive.

Then 2-3 weeks before the delivery of my car, they sneakily changed my online portal to say I need to pay an extra grand on delivery because they have decided to change the trade-in price now. No email or call from them whatsoever, and I only found it out myself. By that time, it was too late to sell your car elsewhere. Sent them a complaint email and letter but suddenly they just stopped responding. I ended up just paying the extra money, after a whole week of silence from them. The very next day I paid the extra money, they responded right away and said they are now registering my car...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Now that's a bold wrap!

2kxatopgkvq61.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

After I made my 100 euro deposit, Tesla Financing team would send you an email about your options. You can put down anywhere from 10% to 80% of the value of the car down as a down payment and you can finance the car over 2 - 6 years. You just fill in the financing application form and email it to them. They would then contact AIB to get an approval.

The only advantage with Tesla is that they don't care about these marks at all. As long as you have all the documents (tax disc, NCT, logbook), they would simply take your car away. No questions asked. They couldn't care less about any marks on your car.

Make sure you do your homework on the trade-in offer. Check with some other dealers and private sellers on donedeal / carzone etc, and see whether you are satisfied with the offer.

If you are happy with the offer, you still need to know that the trade-in offer price is valid for 2 months only. If you are sure you can get your car delivered before it expires, go for it. Otherwise, after the 2 months period, they may give you a significantly lower price just before you are about to pick your new car up, and it would ***k up all of your plans.

I can't emphasise this enough as my own experience hasn't been good at all. After the 2 months were gone, I specifically emailed them to ask whether the price would change, and they told me no. They then sent me another email asking for the remainder of the payment, which I paid within a day. They confirmed they received everything and I should just be waiting for my car to arrive.

Then 2-3 weeks before the delivery of my car, they sneakily changed my online portal to say I need to pay an extra grand on delivery because they have decided to change the trade-in price now. No email or call from them whatsoever, and I only found it out myself. By that time, it was too late to sell your car elsewhere. Sent them a complaint email and letter but suddenly they just stopped responding. I ended up just paying the extra money, after a whole week of silence from them. The very next day I paid the extra money, they responded right away and said they are now registering my car...

I reckon you could take them to the small claims court over that once they said no ?

That doesn't sound too good to be honest if they can do this.......

Another option is to keep an eye out at Frank Keane , they seem to sell a lot of 2nd hand Teslas and they might give me a better trade in and once you do the deal there's no going back really unlike Tesla.

Thanks for the heads up!

I reckon you could take them to the small claims court over that once they said no ?

That doesn't sound too good to be honest if they can do this.......

Another option is to keep an eye out at Frank Keane , they seem to sell a lot of 2nd hand Teslas and they might give me a better trade in and once you do the deal there's no going back really unlike Tesla.

Thanks for the heads up!

Small court wasn’t an option for me at the time, because it happened to be at the end of February (right before the VAT rate went up), so delaying the registration would only cause the price to go up even more (and risking not getting the car in the next delivery).

I received an apology from Tesla days later and it basically just says it was an error on their side saying the offer price wouldn’t change when it clearly would, but I feel the lack of communication during the complaints, the sneaky changing of the price on the website without a call or email, and the timing when it happened, were just a bit too much of coincidence.

I still love the car and I think the aftersales were not bad. Just hope I wouldn’t have to deal with the accounting or sales teams again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,458 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

220 Kms would be a little on the low side don't you think ? that would only be around 70 more Kms than I get now.

Yes but that's worst case scenario. Hammering on the motorway at 125km/h+
    In the 3 SR+ you have about 48kWh usable from 100% so if you're doing 220wh/km at 125km/h for instance you have ~220km.

The SR+ is very efficient and it's hard to get over 200wh/km! (In my S my lifetime average is around 235)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

In terms of consumption figures in an SR+ (Made in America - 409km WLTP);
    I did a big drive a few weeks ago and noted all the figures for the journey....;

Stage 1: Home (Rush) to Ballacolla;

Temperature: 2 degrees (no rain/snow)
    Departure SOC: 97%
    Distance travelled: 140km
    Arrival SOC: 36%
    Speed: limits all the way, 100km/h on M50/N7 & 120km/h on M7/8
    Wh/km: 193

So that's 61% to get me 140km, so based on that, 100% would have gotten us 229km (on that particular day).

Stage 2: Ballacolla to Cork city;

Temp: 2 (mix of rain and snow)
    Departure SoC: 95%
    Distance travelled: 153.5km
    Arrival SoC: 28%
    Speed: 120 all the way
    Wh/km: 197

67% to get me 153.5km = 229km from 100% SOC

Stage 3: Cork City to Ballacolla;

Temp: 2 (pi$$ing rain)
    Departure SOC: 86%
    Distance travelled: 153.5km
    Arrival SOC: 17%
    Speed: 120 all the way
    Wh/km: 200

69% to get me 153.5km = 222km on a 100% charge

Stage 4: Ballacolla to Rush (with detour to Artane);

Temp: 2 (no rain, very light snow)
    Departure SOC: 87%
    Distance Travelled: 154.7km
    Arrival SOC: 21%
    Speed: 120/limit's all the way
    Wh/km: 199

66% to get me 154.7km = 234km on a 100% charge

So in summary, with the worst of Irish weather, I know my motorway range @ 120km/h is going to be in or around the 220km - 230km mark.

That kind of aligns with my experience but it's good to see it from an owner as opposed to an S owner who had a 3 SR+ on loan for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Sattwa06

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me with an odd small yet irritating problem:

I am driving a 2021 3SR -

I had 'favourited' several radio stations including the RTE digital family, which are now gone since Mar 31st.

However I can't seem to be able to delete them and when I tune in to RTE 1 on FM, after about ten seconds it jumps to the DAB version (which is obviously silent).

I have tapped the star to 'unfavourite' it but it still seems to be there and overrides my selection (even when I tune it in directly on FM).

Has anyone come across it / can offer advice please ?

Thank in advance

Sattwa06 wrote: »
    Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me with an odd small yet irritating problem:

I am driving a 2021 3SR -

I had 'favourited' several radio stations including the RTE digital family, which are now gone since Mar 31st.

However I can't seem to be able to delete them and when I tune in to RTE 1 on FM, after about ten seconds it jumps to the DAB version (which is obviously silent).

I have tapped the star to 'unfavourite' it but it still seems to be there and overrides my selection (even when I tune it in directly on FM).

Has anyone come across it / can offer advice please ?

Thank in advance

Although RTE aren't transmitting on DAB, there is still a 'silent' signal being broadcast, and the Model 3 will always default to DAB over FM (if DAB is available, even if broadcasting silence).

Apparently that signal is being turned off on April 12th, so you'll get the RTÉ stations via FM only.

You could also try TuneIn if you have premium connectivity, or alway set up a hotspot from your phone, and get them that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

Although RTE aren't transmitting on DAB, there is still a 'silent' signal being broadcast, and the Model 3 will always default to DAB over FM (if DAB is available, even if broadcasting silence).

Apparently that signal is being turned off on April 12th, so you'll get the RTÉ stations via FM only.

You could also try TuneIn if you have premium connectivity, or alway set up a hotspot from your phone, and get them that way.

Same problem here. I've found if you direct tune and key in the frequency e.g. 88.5 / 89.1 for RTE1, it holds - but not always.. Thankfully based on the above only 5 days to wait..

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JDilleen

Sam, just confirming on this, Tesla will offer a 6 year loan option through AIB? I had been looking at getting a loan through Avant because I thought Tesla/AIB would only go as high as 5 years and 6/7 years would suit me much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

JDilleen wrote: »
    Sam, just confirming on this, Tesla will offer a 6 year loan option through AIB? I had been looking at getting a loan through Avant because I thought Tesla/AIB would only go as high as 5 years and 6/7 years would suit me much better.

Yes, 6 is the max with AIB & Tesla.

I'm currently on a 6-year plan but I aim to pay it off sooner!

Yes, 6 is the max with AIB & Tesla.

I'm currently on a 6-year plan but I aim to pay it off sooner!

Same here, went with AIB (via Tesla) over 6 years, will be paid off in 4 years (3 remaining).

Why do they publish 5 year max then? Surely it would help to have it on the calculator.
    6 years with a 20% deposit makes something a lot more affordable monthly than 5 years with 10%

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Why do they publish 5 year max then? Surely it would help to have it on the calculator.
    6 years with a 20% deposit makes something a lot more affordable monthly than 5 years with 10%

Yup this is exactly what I did!

• Advertisement

It’s a way of filtering customers for non-essential loans. People who feel just about comfortable with 5 years will be pleased to hear that they can get 6 years. It reduces the risk of having a default, and also gives the bank more bargaining chip (they may tell you they don’t want to approve you with 5 years but they can offer 6 years, which would give them more interests).

• Registered Users Posts: 27,824 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Your not comparing like with like if you change the deposit between both. The 10% extra on the deposit is a big factor.

Assuming a €50000 car the following are the monthlies

6 years and 20% deposit = €713.11 per month. Total interest is €11343.65.

5 years and 20% deposit = €822.59 per month. Total interest is €9,355.45.

That saves you €1988.20.

6 years and 10% deposit = €802.24 per month. Total interest is €12761.60

5 years and 10% deposit = €925.41 per month. Total interest is €10524.86

That saves you €2236.74.

Yes the monthlies will be higher but it saves you money long term.

Of course, but if you intend to keep the car for the 6 years, a lower monthly payment now may be a more interesting factor than a couple of k less interest over 5/6 years.

I know from my side I have a mental barrier of what I would pay for a car per month. If moving to a 20% deposit and a 6 year term were an option then I'd be interested.

Do you know if that is true for S and X pricing too or is it just for the 3?

I had the email below after I paid the deposit. I don't know if they are just generic emails or if it's tailored by the model. I don't think AIB would care about the model though.
    We look forward to welcoming you to the Tesla family!

In order for us to continue with your order and submit an application for your SEAI Electric Vehicle Grant, could you kindly follow the steps below and return the required information at your earliest convenience.

1. Please log in to your Tesla Account and complete your order check out.
    - Please upload a copy of your driving license.
    - Please confirm on your Tesla account if you will be trading in a vehicle. If yes, please fill out the required information so or remarketing team can provide you with a final offer.
    - Please confirm the Registration Address.

2. Please return a signed copy of the attached SEAI grant application form.

3. Please answer the below SEAI grant application questionnaire:

- How do you propose to charge the vehicle at your property? [e.g. Tesla Wall Connector, public charging]

- Are you the property owner or tenant?

- In the case of tenant, have you secured permission from the property owner to fit an external domestic charge point to charge your vehicle? [Yes/No, N/A]

- If you are not the property owner, have you secured permission from the property owner/bill owner to allow SEAI access to your electricity consumption? [Yes/No, N/A]

- Please provide your Meter Point Reference Number. [MPRN; can be found at the top of your electricity bill]

- Please provide the name of your Electricity supplier.

4. If you would like to apply for Finance, please fill out this finance application form and send it back to me. Just make sure to put in the term length and preferred down payment amount.
    You can put down anywhere from 10% to 80% of the value of the car down as a down payment and you can finance the car over 24, 36, 48, 60 or 72 months.
    - We also require proof of PPSN for the finance application (a payslip would be ideal).
    - Please return a utility bill with proof of address and recent date.

If there is anything you would like clarified or if there is anything else I can assist with, please do not hesitate to contact me. I would be more than happy to help in any way I can.

Kind Regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Looking good,

Just need to get that number plate off and a better option on.....

Took your advice Andy and got the vinyl plates. When you took off the original plates and mounting brackets did you fill the holes in the bumper with anything? Thinking of using silicone or something

Took your advice Andy and got the vinyl plates. When you took off the original plates and mounting brackets did you fill the holes in the bumper with anything? Thinking of using silicone or something

I just covered then with a small piece of sellotape....
    And before covering the holes, just use a de-burring tool (or a big drill bit held in your hand), to remove the slightly raised edges of where they screwed in the holder (front only, as the rear one is a pressed hole and doesn’t sit proud).

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jasna1982

I just covered then with a small piece of sellotape....
    And before covering the holes, just use a de-burring tool (or a big drill bit held in your hand), to remove the slightly raised edges of where they screwed in the holder (front only, as the rear one is a pressed hole and doesn’t sit proud).

I also know someone who just filled them up with a bit of blue tack

Use my Tesla referral link for free charging credits: https://www.tesla.com/referral/jasna121868

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭higster

Newbie and have read about 80% of posts but want to put my mind at ease/get some clarifications. First time thinking of an ev...up 2 days ago was thinking mid life crisis car but gave up on that (get same all same all so now this will be different).

1. SEAI grant goes to zero if car is valued over €60k. Am I right?. This puts all but the most basic version out? Is it for car ordered prior to July 1 or when taxed (eg if order June 30th and try to arrange delivery for Jan 4th 2022 will I lose the grant)?
    2. Is the full self driving worth it or indeed is the enhanced autopilot worth it. Keep in mind I LOVE bells and whistles/gadgets etc and have a Volvo with similar set up as the enhanced auto pilot (I think) and think it is brilliant.
    3. Waiting for quote on trade in but expecting it to be poor. Do others just sell privately (never done this before, always trade ins)?
    4. Home charging. Any recommendations on who to do install in Limerick city area and estimates on what cost (own house/site in the country). Would think about getting 2 charging points but parking area is a good twent yards from nearest outdoor electrical point, could this be a problem?

Thanks
    John.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

higster wrote: »
    Newbie and have read about 80% of posts but want to put my mind at ease/get some clarifications. First time thinking of an ev...up 2 days ago was thinking mid life crisis car but gave up on that (get same all same all so now this will be different).

1. SEAI grant goes to zero if car is valued over €60k. Am I right?. This puts all but the most basic version out? Is it for car ordered prior to July 1 or when taxed (eg if order June 30th and try to arrange delivery for Jan 4th 2022 will I lose the grant)?
    2. Is the full self driving worth it or indeed is the enhanced autopilot worth it. Keep in mind I LOVE bells and whistles/gadgets etc and have a Volvo with similar set up as the enhanced auto pilot (I think) and think it is brilliant.
    3. Waiting for quote on trade in but expecting it to be poor. Do others just sell privately (never done this before, always trade ins)?
    4. Home charging. Any recommendations on who to do install in Limerick city area and estimates on what cost (own house/site in the country). Would think about getting 2 charging points but parking area is a good twent yards from nearest outdoor electrical point, could this be a problem?

Thanks
    John.

1. It would appear the grant only applies to cars over €60k, registered on/before June 30th. Maybe it will change.
    2. I wouldn't spend either the €3.8k or €7.5k for EAP or FSD.
    3. Most try to sell privately or even into the trade, as Tesla's quotes are so bad.
    4. I'll PM you regarding the Limerick sparky who did mine.

You're welcome to have a look at my Model 3 as you're a local :).
    Don't forget to use someone's referral - get your free charging in Birdhill!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

I'd comfortably get 220-260km out of an SR+ based on my experience with a loaner.

220km isn't that unusual & even less would certainly be likely, if driven sportingly.
    Today for example: M7 motorway, 12c, dry, sunny.
    Cruise control set at 122km/h (exactly 120km/h, GPS) - fittingly, in the new average speed camera zone.

CIp2Jb7.jpg

My SR+ frequently sits up at 20kWh/100km on motorways - sans aero caps.

Advertisement