Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Sam W

mfceiling wrote: »
    I had to go over to the Nutgrove shopping centre to get a few bits from homebase and Aldi.

Parked underground and there is specific parking for ev's. Great job...plugged in my cable and charge away (no cost or at least I couldn't see anywhere to make a payment). Came back and stopped the charge from the dash but couldn't get the cable to release. After much head scratching and arseing around my daughter pipes up "dad it says unlock cable on the screen"!! Every day is a school day.

On another note, the door rubber on the bottom of the rear driver's door is coming away quite badly. Not really ideal on a car that's a year old.

That’s good to know. I go there on a weekly basis and I never knew about that. Is that the underground parking outside Homebase?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Sam W wrote: »
    That’s good to know. I go there on a weekly basis and I never knew about that. Is that the underground parking outside Homebase?

Yes. Go down the ramp, swing around to the right and it's on the right...it's a fair bit down.

Any reason why it's free to charge?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That doesn't sound right. And I'd imagine that the price on the website is also without taxes as the state taxes are all different over there?

Yeah different taxes, remember though the taxes there are a tiny fraction as they are here, that price doesn't include incentives either, we're really ripped off in Ireland. On a Model 3 SR+ we pay around 13,000 in tax.

The Tesla site ( via vpn set to US ) allowed me to progress to order at a total cost of around 37K ( USD ), over there you might have to apply for refund if there are EV incentives.

I requested a quote from Tesla for my i3, any guesses as to what I'll get ? high spec Rex, 111,500 kms 2017, lets see who will get close lol.

I've been thinking of ID.3 5 seater tour because of the extra range + faster charging, whenever it comes out. ID.4 have to pay 56K to get trim with Travel assist which I absolutely want for my next car for all the Motorway mileage I do.

ID.3 has less gammy seat option now and the rest of the interior still isn't the best.

Not sure about the sr+ range though, the id.3 tour would have more range. M3 a lot faster, Auto pilot probably better.

Still haven't completely ruled out older MS but I was going to contact frank keane about the M3 LR P before it was snatched up.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I requested a quote from Tesla for my i3, any guesses as to what I'll get ? high spec Rex, 111,500 kms 2017, lets see who will get close lol.

€7,000

• Advertisement

€7,000

How long does it take for them to get back with a figure ?

How long does it take for them to get back with a figure ?

Usually it takes just a working day. 2 at most.

mfceiling wrote: »
    Yes. Go down the ramp, swing around to the right and it's on the right...it's a fair bit down.

Any reason why it's free to charge?

I guess these are the Aldi chargers which are usually free for their customers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭eagerv

€8975..

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Sam W wrote: »
    I guess these are the Aldi chargers which are usually free for their customers

It’s Lidl who provide free chargers, not Aldi. The ones in Nutgrove are provided for free by Nutgrove Retail Park, not Aldi specifically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Redfox25

I hate when you go to the Tesla website, get a quote and the figure they show is with "savings" rather than what you have to pay upfront.

I had a quote on my own car, had a look and thought it wasnt too bad to change to a Model 3, then spotted the real price and backed away.

Redfox25 wrote: »
    I hate when you go to the Tesla website, get a quote and the figure they show is with "savings" rather than what you have to pay upfront.

I had a quote on my own car, had a look and thought it wasnt too bad to change to a Model 3, then spotted the real price and backed away.

On the bottom if you change the ‘Hire Purchase’ tab to ‘Cash Price’, that’s the actual price you’ll pay, but yeah, we got caught out a bit by the ‘price after savings’ price.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Far less than it's worth. I ended up having to take the offer due to level 5.

jhegarty wrote: »
    Far less than it's worth. I ended up having to take the offer due to level 5.

They probably will, most dealers with that mileage and 4 years old won't look at it and will quote me rock bottom.

They probably will, most dealers with that mileage and 4 years old won't look at it and will quote me rock bottom.

Tesla will quote less than rock bottom ;)

Tesla will quote less than rock bottom ;)

Can't wait for the laugh.

Don't get it though, isn't it in their interest to offer a decent price for trade ins ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Can't wait for the laugh.

Don't get it though, isn't it in their interest to offer a decent price for trade ins ?

They currently sell every car they produce, without advertising or discounts, because they’re constrained by their production capacity.

In this context, trade-ins are just unnecessary overhead and they’d prefer if you’d just sell it privately and not be bothering them with it.

That may change once they’ve four gigafactories up and running but you’re looking at 2-3 years before that happens.

I'm still amazed they don't offer PCP.

They don’t need/want the hassle.

As has been said, they sell every car they produce....
    Same way they couldn’t be arśed with trade ins hence the lower than low ball offers..... it’s to encourage cash sales only, their preferred method of sales.

Cash up front sales is what they want/need while still in their infancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

I kept an eye out for mine after I dropped it off. It was auctioned in the north about a week later. It's still for sale now in the garage it next poped up in about a week later. Still with them and no moving on the price after the 4 months they have it.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/range-extender-bmw-i3/27021969

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amdaley28

They don't need to because they know they will sell every car they produce.
    People would buy them even if they had to assemble them themselves ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It’s not even that.
    Tesla don’t do trade in.
    They send your details blindly to their network of small independent dealers who will offer on it blindly.

There’s the following order ;

1. Dealer price
    2. Private sale price.
    3. Trade in price
    4. Offer to buy blindly not knowing the tru condition or what exactly is required to retail it and warranty it on my forecourt so it’s a risk price.

1. 10k
    2. 9k
    3. 6.5k
    4. 5k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭wassie

I would say its a only a matter of time as it provides another revenue stream.

Tesla Financial Services provides PCP in the UK. In Germany, balloon credit is offered by them also (essentially the same offering, UK & Ireland just needed to give it a sexy marketing title by calling it a PCP).

jhegarty wrote: »
    I kept an eye out for mine after I dropped it off. It was auctioned in the north about a week later. It's still for sale now in the garage it next poped up in about a week later. Still with them and no moving on the price after the 4 months they have it.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/range-extender-bmw-i3/27021969

Dropped it off where ? and what did you get for it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,581 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

wassie wrote: »
    I would say its a only a matter of time as it provides another revenue stream.

Tesla Financial Services provides PCP in the UK. In Germany, balloon credit is offered by them also (essentially the same offering, UK & Ireland just needed to give it a sexy marketing title by calling it a PCP).

They used to offer PCP here too, but I suspect the price was too volatile vs the GFMV so the finance company got burned.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

They offer the lease option here which is from what i can see similar to PCP, with no upfront or balloon payment?

eeloe wrote: »
    They offer the lease option here which is from what i can see similar to PCP, with no upfront or balloon payment?
    Except for it's way overpriced, yes

Look at PCH deals in the UK vs the cost for leasing here. And it's only available to businesses here.

Tesla came back with a Quote, 14,250.

Might just about clear the PCP Balloon left, I refinanced it while I decided what to do with it.

Think they want 15K deposit for m3 SR + 5 years I'd go over then maybe trade it in 3 years again etc, don't know though if the range would be the best though.

Final offer after pics, don't know if they want pics of every single mark ? lol

don't know though if the range would be the best though.

Whats your daily commute?

• Advertisement

I'd comfortably get 220-260km out of an SR+ based on my experience with a loaner.
    If you look at my prior usage figures in other threads (eg 160km in Ioniq, 275km in S90D etc) I tend to be quite heavy footed.

Range isnt an issue in any Tesla, even the 3 SR+.

Advertisement