Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite quiz question?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Well, some places say that.....others say it fell at Wolverhampton on "Boxing" Day: https://www.wackyraces.net/in-which-year-did-good-friday-fall-on-boxing-day/

Seems the only thing all agree on is that it's a good quiz question, whether or not there's any actual truth to it....!

What?! Surely it can only be a quiz question, good or otherwise, if it's true! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭interlocked

The geographical centre of the island of Ireland is in which county?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

You see a bear but you can only move south.

What colour is the bear ?

Seeing as you must be standing at the north pole, the bear must be a polar bear...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

You see a bear but you can only move south.

What colour is the bear ?
    brown. i'm trapped in a north-south ravine and the bear is to the north of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Pythagorean

Which number 1 hit of the 70s was unique in that both the title of the song, and the group, were palindromic ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭golfball37

Westmeath?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

Offaly? Or to be more exact is it birr

• Registered Users Posts: 40,158 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Which number 1 hit of the 70s was unique in that both the title of the song, and the group, were palindromic ??

Abba with SOS.

Has this one been asked yet, who was the first black Irish man to play in Wembley stadium ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Oh I've seen this before and the trick is its not the obvious answer but can't for life of me recall what correct answer is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Has this one been asked yet, who was the first black Irish man to play in Wembley stadium ?

Paul McGrath?

Oh I've seen this before and the trick is its not the obvious answer but can't for life of me recall what correct answer is!

no it is the obvious answer and I've already posted it :)

Imagine a rope tied around the equator. You now wish to arrange for the rope to hover exactly 1 foot above the surface of the Earth, How much extra rope is required ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭munster87

Phil Lynott, nicely worded

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭chooseusername

Phil lin.......of Tin Lizzie?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Imagine a rope tied around the equator. You now wish to arrange for the rope to hover exactly 1 foot above the surface of the Earth, How much extra rope is required ?
    6.28 feet.

2 x Pi x R

so 2 x 3.14 x 1 = 6.28 feet

That one could trip many up

munster87 wrote: »
    Phil Lynott, nicely worded

Correct, not sure myself but my uncle used always ask that to people so I just assumed he was telling the truth

How much soil does a round hole contain that measures 5 feet in diameter, and is 16 feet deep ?

• Advertisement

none.

How much soil does a round hole contain that measures 5 feet in diameter, and is 16 feet deep ?

2.5 x 2.5 x pi x 16

6.25 x Pi x 16 = 100 cubic feet

2 x Pi x R

so 2 x 3.14 x 1 = 6.28 feet

The diameter has increased by one.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Westmeath?

No

Offaly? Or to be more exact is it birr

No

Longford?

munster87 wrote: »
    Longford?

No

No

It’s Roscommon then as the centre of Ireland is just outside Athlone, part of athlone is in Roscommon

2.5 x 2.5 x pi x 16

6.25 x Pi x 16 = 100 cubic feet
    read the question again.

• Advertisement

golfball37 wrote: »
    The diameter has increased by one.
    no, the radius has. if it's hovering above the surface of the earth by one foot, the diameter has increased by two foot.

Advertisement