Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite quiz question?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,403 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

aw crap. i think it was dunphy's book on u2 where he claimed it was the same day. more fool me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Some ruddy hard questions on here. So, in keeping:

If 1,1 is the second row of 'Pascal's Triangle' , what is the seventh row :p

I got it, but it took me a while counting on my fingers...

Among the British military flags in St Patrick's Cathedral
    I wouldn't be surprised if there were several. The embassy is a bit far out but the Collins Barracks museum should meet your criteria.
    The answer (what union flag is still displayed on O'Connell Street?) is the Ulster Bank Logo. Duckworth, you are quite right about Saint Patrick's flags. Yet, somehow their union flags are only the second-most offensive thing about them.

When you go to their church services, you have to be seated by a chaperone. If your name isn't on some list, you must sit in the plastic seats at the back for people who didn't pay for a bench. It's not like a normal church where they just have names on benches, out of respect; no, you cannot sit there.

Odd place. Gave them a terrible rating on TripAdvisor, probably the only time I would 1-star a house of God.

Anyway, that's all by the way.

I got it, but it took me a while counting on my fingers...

Fair play Q :)

Must look it up, and find out what it is :p

Mebbe I can work it out too...

Q: What are the 'Pentateuch'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,275 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Fair play Q :)

Must look it up, and find out what it is :p

Mebbe I can work it out too...

Q: What are the 'Pentateuch'

First 5 books in the Old Testament? Not sure I could name them.. Genesis, Exodus, something, something, something...

• Advertisement

dulpit wrote: »
    First 5 books in the Old Testament? Not sure I could name them.. Genesis, Exodus, something, something, something...

:) Answer is good dulpit. First five books in Bible/Old Testament is correct :)

Who had a hit single with 'Rolling The Ball'

dulpit wrote: »

...leviticus, numbers, deuteronomy. I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

staying on the theme of band names, what is significant/noteworthy about the date of bono's birth?

Was it the day that music died?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Terence Rattigan

What Irish bands name was born out of the original suggestion "the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

What Irish bands name was born out of the original suggestion "the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse"?

That would be the Spoonerism that led to Horslips.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    That would be the Spoonerism that led to Horslips.

The Four Poxmen of the Horslips

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

What differs Dwight Yorke to the IDF?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,403 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what is ireland's second highest mountain?
    (there are two ways of measuring this, so bonus points to anyone who can name the two candidates)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

(there are two ways of measuring this, so bonus points to anyone who can name the two candidates)

I believe there is a peak right beside Carauntoohill which is deemed 2nd highest. I cannot remember the name but I think it also begins with C.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

there are ways of definining mountains based on how prominent they are; e.g. is a second peak 200m from carrauntoohil its own mountain, or simply part of carrauntoohil, and not to be considered a distinct peak in its own right? it's on this basis that you can define peaks differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭golfball37

YFlyer wrote: »
    What differs Dwight Yorke to the IDF?

He ran away from Jordan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Mangerton?

the second highest 'real munro' in ireland is Knocknapeasta (988m), the second highest 'furth' is Benkeeragh (1008m).

Knocknapeasta has a greater prominence than Benkeeragh, i.e. it's more distinct as a peak.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_mountains_and_hills_in_the_British_Isles#Munros

• Registered Users Posts: 40,158 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Ali Maow Maalin was the last known patient of what disease?

• Advertisement

i will take a random punt on smallpox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

the second highest 'real munro' in ireland is Knocknapeasta (988m), the second highest 'furth' is Benkeeragh (1008m).

Knocknapeasta has a greater prominence than Benkeeragh, i.e. it's more distinct as a peak.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_mountains_and_hills_in_the_British_Isles#Munros

On climbing Mangerton, someone told me it was the second highest peak in Kerry, looking at the list there, it's only the 10th highest in Ireland :o I still have some pre-internet naivety left in me :pac:

Hoping to climb the Lug soon, the highest peak outside of Kerry or so I'm told ;)

i will take a random punt on smallpox.

correct. in 1980.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

On climbing Mangerton, someone told me it was the second highest peak in Kerry, looking at the list there, it's only the 10th highest in Ireland :o I still have some pre-internet naivety left in me :pac:

Hoping to climb the Lug soon, the highest peak outside of Kerry or so I'm told ;)

Lug is a boring enough slog. Similar to Galtymore.

If you want a dramatic mountain, try Connacht's highest - Mweelrea (800m ish). The views are breathtaking, if you get a view...

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

What was unusual about the funnels on the Titanic?

It had 4 funnels but one of them was fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

One was buoyant ?

In the "Twelve Days of Christmas" Song, how many gifts did her/his true love send?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

In the "Twelve Days of Christmas" Song, how many gifts did her/his true love send?

A huge number. :)

One on the first day (a partridge in a pear tree).

Three on the second day (two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree).

Six on the third day (three French hens, two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree).

And so on. Couldn't be bothered working out the rest right now!

Although, come to think of it....does in a partridge in a pear tree count as just one gift, or do you count the partridge and the pear tree separately? ;)

• Advertisement

364, from memory, and also I just calculated it to make sure...

Advertisement