Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,564 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bioshock is a weird one for me. I loved it but took me months to clear it as I'd play a bit, leave it a few weeks, play a bit, leave a few weeks, etc. That's not usual for me. Really enjoyed when i was playing it but something stopped me from keep playing regularly. A tv series of it could be really good, Rapture was an awesome setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Are there any games that are aesthetically similar to Bioshock? (Not including Fallout). I loved the setting and style but I haven't came across any games that look similar to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,935 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Play them in the order they came out but skip bioshock infinite because it's pish.

Not sure how well the first one holds up. Loved it at the time but a second play through got dropped very quick. Definitely worth one playthrough at least. The bioshock 2 dlc is the best thing the series has given us.

Are there any games that are aesthetically similar to Bioshock? (Not including Fallout). I loved the setting and style but I haven't came across any games that look similar to it.

Prey from 2017 definitely had that aesthetic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,935 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dishonored

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Dishonored

Oh yeah! Completely forgot about those games. I think I have the first one on... one of the systems. No idea which. I'll stick it on the to-do list. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Thanks for the replies about Bioshock. Picked up the Bioshock Collection for €9.99 on the Xbox Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies about Bioshock. Picked up the Bioshock Collection for €9.99 on the Xbox Store.

Not a game but if you like the aesthetics and vibe of Bioshock, I highly recommend you watch a movie called Snowpiercer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

isn't that the guy who directed parasite? think it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yarp, Bong Joon Ho.

I see Respawn are promising Titanfall content in season 9 of Apex Legends. Just make Titanfall 3 ffs!

• Advertisement

I have to say I'm really really enjoying Everybody's Golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Doge

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I have to say I'm really really enjoying Everybody's Golf.

Are you playing in VR or non VR?

Doge wrote: »
    Are you playing in VR or non VR?

I'm playing it non VR at the moment. Going to give the VR version a go again sometime with the move controllers.

It's a really great golf series. Very underappreciated.

Everybody's Golf World Tour was the greatest online game ever. The fact they turned off the servers is the biggest crime since they cancelled Firefly.

It's a really great golf series. Very underappreciated.

I have Everybody's Golf 2 on PS1. Never played a single iteration of that series.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,564 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Zith wrote: »
    Have you tried Breathedge? Like Subnautica in space with an added dose of comedy. It's on steam early access, due out q1 2021. I've about 20 hours put into it and really enjoyed it.

I loved the early parts of subnautica, figuring things out and gradually getting to go further away from home. Breathedge really captured that same feel for me. I'm still nowhere near finished it but looking forward to it.

Breathedge is out tomorrow on PlayStation. Any reviews from people on here about it. I have a Subnautica shaped hole in my heart.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Markitron wrote: »
    Not a game but if you like the aesthetics and vibe of Bioshock, I highly recommend you watch a movie called Snowpiercer.

The TV Series is even better :) Director Bong is involved, it's a different cast.

Back on topic, I was thinking about Tiger Woods Golf earlier (I know it's called something else now - PGA or something), but it's a game I used to play a LOT of fadó fadó on the couch multiplayer with friends. Is Everybody's Golf a similar idea with more cartoony graphics?

Shiminay wrote: »
    The TV Series is even better :) Director Bong is involved, it's a different cast.

Back on topic, I was thinking about Tiger Woods Golf earlier (I know it's called something else now - PGA or something), but it's a game I used to play a LOT of fadó fadó on the couch multiplayer with friends. Is Everybody's Golf a similar idea with more cartoony graphics?

Golf games have all been the same since Nintendo perfected it with golf on the NES so yeah its very similar!

Everybody's golf is a better couch multiplayer game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Well I think my gaming days are over as I cannot grip a controller at the minute. I have had a sore hand for a while now and never done anything like bang it off anything or have something fall on it and was wondering why it was so sore. It was getting better today and this evening I was playing a game for some time and now it's really sore again so obviously from gripping the controller.

• Advertisement

Turn off the rumble on your controller, I gave myself really bad pain playing a marathon session of GTA Vice City when it was just released, haven't had vibrating controllers since and it's made a world of difference. Put the controller down every hour or so and learn some hand stretching exercises which you'll hopefully only need 5 minutes of to keep your hands happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Get that checked out, I've been gaming since the Atari days, and even more than normal these days (about 60+ hours a week console gaming) and don't get that. Controllers are designed to fit you hand to prevent injuries, similar to (proper, ie: not cheap) computer mice these days.

Re: Golf games, same as any game based on a real life event, the closer they get to reality, the less fun they are. The Golf Club was fun for a while, but waay too realistic. I think Everybodys Golf is so good because it's fun to play. Same with Fifa tbh, they're just not fun to the casual gamer anymore, too many controls, too many dribble moves, etc. Even the basketball games lose the fun to realism at times, but still easier to pick up and play compared to Fifa, imo.

Konami should ditch Pro Evo and give us ISS Deluxe.

I tell myself I hate sports games but I actually don't. Used to love a lot of the 16 bit era sports game. The problem is that I don't care about the licenses so just care about how they are as a game and they just aren't any fun at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Dirt 5 Sprint races can suck a huge one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Konami should ditch Pro Evo and give us ISS Deluxe.

They should go back to the days where they released both, one a sim and the other more of an arcade game.

ISS64 is the best sports game ever released, I'd kill for something like that these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Well I think my gaming days are over as I cannot grip a controller at the minute. I have had a sore hand for a while now and never done anything like bang it off anything or have something fall on it and was wondering why it was so sore. It was getting better today and this evening I was playing a game for some time and now it's really sore again so obviously from gripping the controller.

You could have carpal tunnel syndrome. Wearing a wrist support for a couple of days can help alleviate the symptoms or even get rid of them all together for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Get that checked out, I've been gaming since the Atari days, and even more than normal these days (about 60+ hours a week console gaming) and don't get that. Controllers are designed to fit you hand to prevent injuries, similar to (proper, ie: not cheap) computer mice these days.

Re: Golf games, same as any game based on a real life event, the closer they get to reality, the less fun they are. The Golf Club was fun for a while, but waay too realistic. I think Everybodys Golf is so good because it's fun to play. Same with Fifa tbh, they're just not fun to the casual gamer anymore, too many controls, too many dribble moves, etc. Even the basketball games lose the fun to realism at times, but still easier to pick up and play compared to Fifa, imo.

60+ hours a week?!?!? Jesus H Christ, that is mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Jesus that's 8.5 hours a day of gaming. I assume 8 hours of work so that doesn't leave you much time for anything else after sleep.

I hate games that tell you how long you've played them. COD, The Division and god almighty Destiny. I look at the hours spent and think I'm wasting my life.

• Advertisement

Hey, if you're getting relaxation and fun from it and it's not causing you to abandon your family or the dishes in the sink, it's time well spent :D

Advertisement