Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭EarWig

Never got any message at all and it's the only reason I installed the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Caranica wrote: »
    Anyone getting messages on delivery tracker "the driver has to make a few more deliveries on the way to your address"? It happens about 1 in 3 of mine lately. I'll get the notification that the driver is 8 stops away (and see they're in my greater development). Two hours later I'll check the app and get that message. Delivery could be delayed by a further 2-3 hours. 8 stops away from within my development is usually 30 minutes or less, not 5 hours.

Edit, it's changed again to say it's 7 stops away. Which it was at 12.45, but location is different?

Yeah I get this all the time. Drives me mad.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

EarWig wrote: »
    Never got any message at all and it's the only reason I installed the app.

What's the name of the tracking spp?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭EarWig

What's the name of the tracking spp?
    Amazon Shopping.......maybe I have the wrong one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

EarWig wrote: »
    Amazon Shopping.......maybe I have the wrong one.

No, that's the correct one. If your order is being delivered by Amazon logistics you get a notification when the driver is (usually) 8 stops away and you can see a map as to where they are.

• Advertisement

No, that's the correct one. If your order is being delivered by Amazon logistics you get a notification when the driver is (usually) 8 stops away and you can see a map as to where they are.

Odd, all my deliveries (almost daily) are delivered by Amazon and I never get any alerts, to you have to switch on notifications or something?

When I go into my orders and delivery it just has the line moving from shipped to put for delivery....

Odd, all my deliveries (almost daily) are delivered by Amazon and I never get any alerts, to you have to switch on notifications or something?

When I go into my orders and delivery it just has the line moving from shipped to put for delivery....

Definitely check your notification settings. You won't get the notifications, map and x stops away until it is 8 stops (or fewer, sometimes they pop up at 5) away or closer. Until then it's just "out for delivery"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Are you in Dublin? All my parcels are delievered by Amazon, most but not all give me the ability to track when they are less than 8 stops away.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,040 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

i don't get a notification either. the only time i see that it is a certain number of stops away is if I open the app just before the delivery happens.

1huge1 wrote: »
    Are you in Dublin? All my parcels are delievered by Amazon, most but not all give me the ability to track when they are less than 8 stops away.

Yep in Dublin, must check again...

• Advertisement

So hsve a parcel out for delivery today, the carrier is Amazon.

Notification settings are on for the amazon shopping app.

When I go to my orders and click on deliveries I see the below...where can I see how far it is as a matter of interest?

Delivery By Amazon

Tracking ID: GA000xxxxxxxx

Friday, 16 April

4:17 AM

Package arrived at the final delivery station

Dublin, IE

Thursday, 15 April

5:17 AM

Completed customs clearance process

Dublin, Swords

4:28 AM

Initiated customs clearance process

Dublin, Swords

4:14 AM

Dublin, Swords

3:10 AM

Package departed an Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 40,040 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So hsve a parcel out for delivery today, the carrier is Amazon.

Notification settings are on for the amazon shopping app.

When I go to my orders and click on deliveries I see the below...where can I see how far it is as a matter of interest?

Delivery By Amazon

Tracking ID: GA000xxxxxxxx

Friday, 16 April

4:17 AM

Package arrived at the final delivery station

Dublin, IE

Thursday, 15 April

5:17 AM

Dublin, Swords

4:28 AM

Initiated customs clearance process

Dublin, Swords

4:14 AM

Dublin, Swords

3:10 AM

Package departed an Amazon

you wont know where it is until it is 8 stops away from you.

you wont know where it is until it is 8 stops away from you.

Ah ok so do some people keep thst close an eye on the delivery then ie do you have to go and look or do you get a push message or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭davetherave

You'd get a push notification from the Amazon App. And you get the little map if you track the order via the App but not by the website.
    See screenshot below, it will count down the number of stops until you are next.

VTLBxRN.png

Thanks, that map never shows in my app nor do I get push notifications despite them being enabled..nor the other half. Do the notifications and map appear only when you within 8 stops of delivery?

Usually notification and map comes at 8 stops. Today I got mine at 3 of stops, and it arrived 7 hours later having switched to "the driver has other deliveries to make on the way to you". This happens about 1 in 3 of my deliveries and I'd had enough. Got on to customer services, they wouldn't connect me to logistics despite me having been connected to them on chat before. Agent said they'd pass on my feedback and gave me £5 credit as an apology.

Mmm thanks.

Parcel just delivered and no notifications telling me the map should now be visible

Am on android, is this only on iPhone or something?

Mmm thanks.

Parcel just delivered and no notifications telling me the map should now be visible

Am on android, is this only on iPhone or something?

No, I'm on Android. Have you checked your notification settings?

No, I'm on Android. Have you checked your notification settings?

Yep, in the amazon app and on my phone.

I got a pop up when the delivery was made tonight but nothing before that.

This is what I get. Clicked on it, and the package is 5 stops away, map shows it should be here in next 15 minutes based on where it is.

• Advertisement

This is what I get. Clicked on it, and the package is 5 stops away, map shows it should be here in next 15 minutes based on where it is.

Frustrating....not getting the alerts at all despite having then enabled in app and on phone. Get alerts to say somethings dispatched or delivered but nothing in between.

What’s delivery like from Amazon.de to Ireland?
    I’m ordering a few cds which are cheaper than the UK site.

zorro2566 wrote: »
    What’s delivery like from Amazon.de to Ireland?
    I’m ordering a few cds which are cheaper than the UK site.

Delivery charges are higher than UK, prime doesn't give you free shipping. Delivery usually within a week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭harr

Bit of an issue with Amazon deliveries , the last few deliveries I have gotten seemed like to have had a rip in outer box , it’s like someone has been tearing a small strip of cardboard to see what’s inside. ( all In same location)
    All different drivers , yesterday I missed a delivery and told driver to leave at front door as I just out of the shower.. when I came down to get it at front door I noticed the driver at his van opening various box’s he removed items and placed them in front passenger seat area and sealed box back up .. the two box’s he opened looked like Nike runners and what looked like a fire tablet .. I have some footage from my cctv as he was parked in my driveway.
    Would it be a regular occurrence for delivery driver to open box’s or would they have a need ?
    I don’t want to cause an issue if there is a simple explanation.

I'd definitely report that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I ordered an item from Amazon.fr and paid by credit card, got the order confirmation etc. but this morning I have received an email from the seller advising that they don't accept that payment method and want me to transfer the payment to their bank.

The item is a real bargain and I thought it might be cancelled due to a pricing error, but they have advised that they will hold the item for me at the price so don't want to miss out, but just a bit wary of using bank transfer especially after the payment appearing to go through successfully with the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

eamonnq wrote: »
    I ordered an item from Amazon.fr and paid by credit card, got the order confirmation etc. but this morning I have received an email from the seller advising that they don't accept that payment method and want me to transfer the payment to their bank.

The item is a real bargain and I thought it might be cancelled due to a pricing error, but they have advised that they will hold the item for me at the price so don't want to miss out, but just a bit wary of using bank transfer especially after the payment appearing to go through successfully with the card.
    Scam probability 99%. Likely a case of merchant account hijacking, provided they have good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Scam probability 99%. Likely a case of merchant account hijacking, provided they have good reviews.

Yeah, thought it was a bit too good to be true, was not looking to buy the item on Amazon but was just comparing prices on Hagglezon and when it came up I thought just maybe it was an error that might go through.

LG 75inch TV for 430.00

Probably shouldn't have ordered 10 of them though!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

eamonnq wrote: »

This happens all the time, it 100% a scam.
    Request a refund from amazon and report the seller.
    When in doubt always contact customer services, they are really good in amazon

• Advertisement

Just got a box delivered from Amazon that was sealed with wide yellow tape, like a wide insulation tape. First instinct was that it was opened by customs, next that it had been opened maliciously as above. Order was only gardening gloves and makeup remover so nothing of value

Advertisement