Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Much colder, wintry showers, some of snow Easter Sunday 2021 onward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭Storm 10

No I didn't, I said the heaviest showers would be east, which is where they are.

All the showers on radar are North and West

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Storm 10 wrote: »
    All the showers on radar are North and West

I'm talking about east of Ireland (and the UK). The heaviest convection is over the North Sea.

549266.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

I’m looking on the radar... most of Great Britain is sunny

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    I’m looking on the radar... most of Great Britain is sunny

See my post above.

Snowing here again.

• Advertisement

Odd thing going on here, snow melts very quickly but sticks within five minutes of falling... bodes well for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Nothing much happening here in Donegal, some small snowflakes and ice pellets blowing about with some heavier bursts briefly coating the grass. Nice enough day between the showers as long as you can avoid the wind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Im going to delete my account after this post

Nqp in all my years following these weather forums I have never met some one so arrogant and at the same time naive.

You've got a bundle of knowledge stored up in that noggin and about as much crass and tact as a 2 year old throwing a tantrum.
    I've seen your posts from day 1 and I am just going to say this for the sake of the forum please stop with the constant in house fighting.
    Regardless of topic you always seem to come across as highly strung and wound up and as if you have some thing to prove
    We get it , you intelligent - you don't identify as Irish either but for the sake of the rest of us here on boards dial the done down all the way to zero PLEASE

A few small ice pellets now falling here in Celbridge. The first sign of any precipitation so far today.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,648 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

We had a reasonably heavy shower of snow 10 minutes ago. I did not it expect as the clouds don't look particularly snowy/wintry at all.

• Advertisement

Davaeo09 wrote: »

Nqp in all my years following these weather forums I have never met some one so arrogant and at the same time naive.

You've got a bundle of knowledge stored up in that noggin and about as much crass and tact as a 2 year old throwing a tantrum.
    I've seen your posts from day 1 and I am just going to say this for the sake of the forum please stop with the constant in house fighting.
    Regardless of topic you always seem to come across as highly strung and wound up and as if you have some thing to prove
    We get it , you intelligent - you don't identify as Irish either but for the sake of the rest of us here on boards dial the done down all the way to zero PLEASE

He has Asbergers according to his you tube
    Not a lot of people know that here
    Intenet etiquette goes out the window :)

Anyway,quite a bite to the wind in Arklow today
    5.7c

AuntySnow wrote: »
    He has Asbergers according to his you tube
    Not a lot of people know that here
    Intenet etiquette goes out the window :)

Anyway,quite a bite to the wind in Arklow today
    5.7c

I make plenty of allowances and for his benefit post lots of information relevant to his area. All I get in return is animosity.

Anyway, that light ice pellet shower here lasted all of around 45 seconds.

Perhaps you could’ve sent that to me privately instead of posting it and detailing the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

1pm
    Malin head 2c
    Sherkin Island 9c

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Snowing heavy at the moment, flakes are bone dry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

A cool 7c degrees in Limerick.

You can feel the bite when the wind blows

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭highdef

highdef wrote: »
    Dandruff shower in North Kildare.

And now in at t-shirt in the back garden eating Coco Pop's with warm sunshine beating down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭OldRio

Sunshine and blue skies. Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

Very light snow shower here at present. (Mt Leinster on Carlow side) Couldn't believe the sharp contrast in temps between yesterday and this early am! The weather is mad! Lovely day out all the same. (In between the cloudy periods.) Happy Easter to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 solan

I'm in Shetland, we have had gale force winds, blizzards, drifting snow, thunder and lightening with a wind chill of -11. Set in yesterday evening and due to last at least another 36 hours. Its moving southwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Bitter in Galway temp 6 degrees colder in this wind

Stunning day here in the sunshine. Just a few scattered cumulus around, which make it cold when the sun goes behind them, but sunny 80% of the time. Perfect for pottering about.

Interesting to watch how the 850-hPa temperatures have dipped and risen again at various locations along the track of this cold air over the past few days, starting in eastern Greenland.

549285.png

549286.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Very light snow shower here at present. (Mt Leinster on Carlow side) Couldn't believe the sharp contrast in temps between yesterday and this early am! The weather is mad! Lovely day out all the same. (In between the cloudy periods.) Happy Easter to all.

And Happy Easter to you!

Wind noise and chilly here. So far no snow. west mayo offshore

Fairly filthy up at Eshaness Lighthouse, Shetland Islands, at the moment.

Webcam still.

549293.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4 solan

Yep, Its coming in waves. I'm on the west side of Shetland too. The wind is biting, dropped back a bit, not gale force at the minute, but still breezy. Ferries and buses have been cancelled and folk told to byde home if they can. Sky is bright here but I can see on the other side of the hill there is another shower coming in. There were buses and cars off the roads this morning and the gritters couldn't keep on top of the drifts in some area's, visibility really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

I don't think it's fair to personally single out one poster that way. There are a few other know it alls who often get things wrong, but never get called out.

Oc at the top of the Sliabh Blooms. The odd bit of light blowing snow.

• Advertisement

There is still snow here in the hedges and shaded parts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement