Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite quiz question?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭wally79

On January 1st 1990, Poland was bordered by 3 countries, none of which existed by January 1st 1993. Name those three countries

East Germany, Czechoslovakia, USSR?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭regedit

Who was Anjezë Gonxhe Bojaxhiu?
    Mother Theresa

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭regedit

1. What is the newest country in the world
    (hint: they declared independence in 2011)
    South Sudan

2. What is the tallest building in Europe
    (hint: it was completed in 2019 and it's not in Frankfurt)
    Lakhta Center in St Petersburg, Russia, @ 462.5 m or 1517 ft

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

golfball37 wrote: »
    The only band in history where all members died from substance/alcohol abuse related deaths. It was asked in a computer version of trivial pursuit before and always stayed with me
    you'll have to put us out of our misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Nin Hugen & The Hugen notes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭golfball37

you'll have to put us out of our misery.

Canned Heat is the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Canned Heat is the answer.

According to this Rolling Stone article the bassist dies aged 77 after a 12 year battle with cancer?

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/canned-heat-bassist-larry-taylor-obituary-874523/

According to this Rolling Stone article the bassist dies aged 77 after a 12 year battle with cancer?

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/canned-heat-bassist-larry-taylor-obituary-874523/

That’s what trivial pursuit told me. Was he an original member?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

That’s what trivial pursuit told me. Was he an original member?

Says in the article he joined in 1967 two years after the bands formation and was part of their classic line up. They seem to have had a lot of members though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I saw that question earlier and actually considered Canned Heat but quickly ruled them out on account the drummer would appear to be very much still alive. Jimi Hendrix Experience could be argued to be a valid answer imo.

• Advertisement

Says in the article he joined in 1967 two years after the bands formation and was part of their classic line up. They seem to have had a lot of members though

Yeah I’d say the original 1965 line up is what counts

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i had thought of them but adolfo de la parra - the drummer - is still alive, so i discounted them. also not part of the original lineup?

just googled it again, they went through quite a bit of chopping and changing.

Which Eagles' member sang the high note/s in their classic hit 'Take it to the Limit' (The plea-eese bit :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Yeah I’d say the original 1965 line up is what counts

I've tried but can't make this work. The original line up contains Mike Perlowin who is still alive but was only a member for a few days apparently. He was replaced by Kenny Edwards who died from cancer in 2010. Edwards left in 1965 to be replaced by Henry vestine who had a heart attack in 1997.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Which Eagles' member sang the high note/s in their classic hit 'Take it to the Limit' (The plea-eese bit :p)

Randy Meisner.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Randy Meisner.

That's him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,064 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Somewhere in Kerry?
    That's what people might think seeing as both parents are from Kerry.
    But the answer is actually Westmeath.

Like lots of families with someone working in the bank they tended to move around a lot back in the day.

an easy one - where was the aphex twin born?

^^^^

Iceland?

• Advertisement

nope, closer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

nope, closer than that.

Limerick?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

yep, we can claim him as irish.

Another one for indie fans :D The Irish (? pretty sure he's Irish) musical artist known as RSAG... What does RSAG stand for?

Ready Steady, Arma Geddon!

Ready Steady, Arma Geddon!

Good guess :) Not the correct answer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Another one for indie fans :D The Irish (? pretty sure he's Irish) musical artist known as RSAG... What does RSAG stand for?

Roscommon, Sligo And Galway.

KevRossi wrote: »
    Roscommon, Sligo And Galway.

Another good guess, and another wrong answer :pac:

I saw him on 'Other Voices' a few years back, so the chap at least did exist :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

MeisterG wrote: »
    What band links the Hollies and Lana Del Rey?
    Radiohead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭fillup

Rarely Seen Above Ground
    I believe its a twitchers turn of phrase

Advertisement