Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite quiz question?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,536 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

What animal has 32 brains?

A Leech

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

followup question. Which actor was originally cast to play the Predator?

JCVD

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,573 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what two music icons died in the same room in london, four years apart, both aged 32?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭Riddle101

What's Cletus The Slack-Jawed Yokel's last name?

Remember getting that Simpsons question once and completely going blank because I only ever heard him called Slack-Jawed Yokel. For a long time, I didn't know it but apparently, it's Cletus Delroy Montfort Bigglesworth Spuckler.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,064 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

what two music icons died in the same room in london, four years apart, both aged 32?
    Cass Elliot and Janis Joplin ?

The Cass Elliot one is an educated guess, the Janis Joplin one a wild guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

cj maxx wrote: »
    A Leech

So if a leech had 64 brains it'd be twice as stooop-id-er....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Cass Elliot and Janis Joplin ?

The Cass Elliot one is an educated guess, the Janis Joplin one a wild guess.

It's Mama Cass and somebody else alright. Can't think of who though... Isn't it also somebody famous who owned the apartment?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

What is the difference between a coefficient of determination and an explained variance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭chooseusername

dulpit wrote: »
    It's Mama Cass and somebody else alright. Can't think of who though... Isn't it also somebody famous who owned the apartment?
    Nillson(schmillson)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,573 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Cass elliot and Keith moon. Janis joplin was a member of the 27 club, which would make another question, no name as many of them was possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,225 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Cass elliot and Keith moon. Janis joplin was a member of the 27 club, which would make another question, no name as many of them was possible.

So is Keith Moon a member of the 27 club

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭golfball37

She choked on a chicken bone didn’t she?

Hendrix, Morrison, Joplin, Cobain and Winehouse are the members I know of for definite anyway. Brian Jones possibly too.

The only band in history where all members died from substance/alcohol abuse related deaths. It was asked in a computer version of trivial pursuit before and always stayed with me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

golfball37 wrote: »
    She choked on a chicken bone didn’t she?

No, she died of heart failure, in her sleep.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

So is Keith Moon a member of the 27 club
    no, he was 32 when he died.

Hendrix, Morrison, Joplin, Cobain and Winehouse are the members I know of for definite anyway. Brian Jones possibly too.
    robert johnson too.

The only band in history where all members died from substance/alcohol abuse related deaths. It was asked in a computer version of trivial pursuit before and always stayed with me
    hmm; the ramones are all dead, but not all from ODs.

hmm; the ramones are all dead, but not all from ODs.

Not them but a great guess

Emerson, Lake and Palmer, all gone , but I think one was in a car crash?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Emerson, Lake and Palmer, all gone , but I think one was in a car crash?

Carl Palmer is very much alive, I'm happy to report. Probably the most underrated drummer of all time. Possibly the best drummer of all time.

• Advertisement

KevRossi wrote: »
    Carl Palmer is very much alive, I'm happy to report. Probably the most underrated drummer of all time. Possibly the best drummer of all time.
    Oops .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭KevRossi

I'm thinking it's probably some punk/rock band from the 70's like New York Dolls or MDC.

But it could be something like The Drifters, someone you wouldn't think of as having a hedonistic lifestyle. But bands like them had wild years as well.

Good question either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

The Jimi Hendrix Experience?

I think Noel Redding and Mitch Mitchell both died due to complications caused by alcohol abuse, and Jimi choked on his own vomit due to drugs.

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    The Jimi Hendrix Experience?

I think Noel Redding and Mitch Mitchell both died due to complications caused by alcohol abuse, and Jimi choked on his own vomit due to drugs.

Not them. I think Redding had a brain haemorrhage in Cork didn’t he? I saw his band a couple of times in pubs.

not motorhead either - i think the original lineup is all dead too.

not motorhead either - i think the original lineup is all dead too.

Lemmy disappointingly died of cancer despite his near death experience lifestyle

• Registered Users Posts: 15,064 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Where were Mayo GAA stars Seamus and Aiden O'Shea born ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Not them. I think Redding had a brain haemorrhage in Cork didn’t he? I saw his band a couple of times in pubs.

"Shock haemorrhage due to oesophageal varices in reaction to cirrhosis of the liver" according to Wiki.

Despite not having a clue what that is I'd say it counts!

Edit: Just to add, that was checked afterwards, not before answering!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Where were Mayo GAA stars Seamus and Aiden O'Shea born ?

Somewhere in Kerry?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

On January 1st 1990, Poland was bordered by 3 countries, none of which existed by January 1st 1993. Name those three countries

Advertisement