Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

J. Marston wrote: »
    Hey now, Britt Baker is pretty good.

If Jungle Boy doesnt float your boat, you need to stop watching Pro Wrestling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

beakerjoe wrote: »
    If Jungle Boy doesnt float your boat, you need to stop watching Pro Wrestling

I'd say MJF, Sammy Guevara are both top prospects, then people like Will Hobbs, Wardlow are gems too and there's like a tonne of others they've dug deep to find. And then, there's HOOK...

I'd say MJF, Sammy Guevara are both top prospects, then people like Will Hobbs, Wardlow are gems too and there's like a tonne of others they've dug deep to find. And then, there's HOOK...

I cant wait until Hook makes it to WWE and gets a Peter Pan villain gimmick. Then again you may enjoy that visual :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

I get what you are trying to say, i believe your comparisons dont fit.

WWE certainly feel AEW is a threat. Maybe not an immediate threat but its certainly got their attention.

They wouldn't go two hours on NXT when AEW Dynamite debuted otherwise.

The counter booking on NXT suggests they are worried.

The move from Wednesday to Tuesday nights.

Again maybe not an immediate threat but they certainly are feeling a little worried.

AEW is miles off being the brand WWE is, but are slowly growing and doing probably better than most expected in tehir first 2 years especially with a Pandemic.

I always got the impression that WWE never considered Wednesday nights a war. They were curious about AEW at the start, so they put NXT on Wednesdays to feel out the situation and, honestly, be dicks.
    They split the wrestling audience, and now they realise that AEW aren't bringing in any new fans, so WWE feel like their work is done, they stifled AEW's growth, so now they will hop to Tuesday night where they'll go unopposed, and, you'd think, get a bigger audience. It's quite brilliant when you think about it.

Sure, AEW might get more people watching on Wednesdays now, but it's just going to be the people who would have been watching NXT. The two companies will be sharing the same pool of fans. AEW hasn't drawn new people to the product.

If WWE were worried about AEW they wouldn't be moving off Wednesday nights, they'd be staying put and loading NXT with main roster stars. The very fact that they are leaving Wednesdays tells me WWE don't care about AEW.

I cant wait until Hook makes it to WWE and gets a Peter Pan villain gimmick. Then again you may enjoy that visual :pac:

Haha any HOOK is better than no HOOK. I'm loving the wifebeater thing he's got going on right now.

• Advertisement

sirmanga wrote: »
    I always got the impression that WWE never considered Wednesday nights a war. They were curious about AEW at the start, so they put NXT on Wednesdays to feel out the situation and, honestly, be dicks.
    They split the wrestling audience, and now they realise that AEW aren't bringing in any new fans, so WWE feel like their work is done, they stifled AEW's growth, so now they will hop to Tuesday night where they'll go unopposed, and, you'd think, get a bigger audience. It's quite brilliant when you think about it.

Sure, AEW might get more people watching on Wednesdays now, but it's just going to be the people who would have been watching NXT. The two companies will be sharing the same pool of fans. AEW hasn't drawn new people to the product.

If WWE were worried about AEW they wouldn't be moving off Wednesday nights, they'd be staying put and loading NXT with main roster stars. The very fact that they are leaving Wednesdays tells me WWE don't care about AEW.

Dude if you seriously think WWE wanted to move nights I then you're woefully misinformed. They'll stick NXT Evolve on Wednesday, probably on Peacock, to counter programme instead.

Dude if you seriously think WWE wanted to move nights I then you're woefully misinformed. They'll stick NXT Evolve on Wednesday, probably on Peacock, to counter programme instead.

Sure if they werent worried about AEW theyd just let them be. WWE were hoping to crush AEW before it began.

Now they are backing away, perhaps in the worry that things may get worse for the NXT brand.

It wasnt a 'war', but AEW didnt get crushed, instead they performed better than expected.

And in short Wrestling is in a better place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

sirmanga wrote: »

They are moving because the USA network is getting the NHL on Wednesdays. They have no choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Pentecost

So after 7 years my US subscription was finally cancelled today. I decided I'd continue with an Irish one for this month anyway. It's the archive stuff, the documentaries and the Stone Cold Sessions that I watch when I do watch it. But I'll most likely watch Mania and the two nights of Takeover etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Also on one of the original US subs. They all being cancelled so ya?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Have they put up a second episode of that Icons series yet? The one that started with Yoko?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Have they put up a second episode of that Icons series yet? The one that started with Yoko?

Yeah the second episode was Beth Phoenix

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Also on one of the original US subs. They all being cancelled so ya?

Yeah I'd gotten an email to say it would be cancelled today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

I am thoroughly enjoying the outrage and horror amongst yanks at having to use a VPN. In particular, most seemed to have been under the impression that you used the VPN to sign up but thereafter you wouldn't need it again. Twitter & Reddit full of "I HAVE TO USE THE VPN EVERY TIME I WANT TO WATCH". No sh*t mate, welcome to my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Pentecost wrote: »
    Yeah I'd gotten an email to say it would be cancelled today.

Mine isn’t cancelled although I changed my country to Ireland months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Monokne wrote: »
    I am thoroughly enjoying the outrage and horror amongst yanks at having to use a VPN. In particular, most seemed to have been under the impression that you used the VPN to sign up but thereafter you wouldn't need it again. Twitter & Reddit full of "I HAVE TO USE THE VPN EVERY TIME I WANT TO WATCH". No sh*t mate, welcome to my life.

:D I’ve not seen that but as I was reading I heard it in a agitated American accent. Some of us here could give courses on how to use the network and VPNs.

Monokne wrote: »

Like its not complicated. Poor yanks. Like the outrage when a Saudi Show was being shown at 3pm here. They lost their ****.

Joined Peacock with my VPN.... not for WWE, hopefully watching Mania live on Peacock will be as good as on the network.

Is there a cheaper country we can all sign up from à la all the Turkish/Brazilian Netflix subscribers on permanent holiday in Ireland? :D

Is there a cheaper country we can all sign up from à la all the Turkish/Brazilian Netflix subscribers on permanent holiday in Ireland? :D

If you have a VPN signing up for Peacock is 5.00 per month, but with a discounted code of half price. So for 2.50 you can watch Mania.

Not bad. Will look into it, have VPN Unlimited.

• Advertisement

Not bad. Will look into it, have VPN Unlimited.

There was a code advertised on Smackdown for half off.

Whether its best to watch live on a vpn on Peacock vs live on the European network is unkown to me. Gonna chance my arm with the VPN.

What's the 50% off code?
    On their site I'm seeing 4.99 monthly or 9.99?

Ah - so it's 9.99 one off payment for a four month subscription.

code: PEACOCKMANIA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭ThePott

Maybe I'm wrong but don't believe it needs a code. At least when I signed up I went to https://www.peacocktv.com/WWE and if you are a first-time customer then you could get 4 months for 10 dollars which works out at $2.50.

At least that's what I got, unless that offer is gone now.

ThePott wrote: »
    Maybe I'm wrong but don't believe it needs a code. At least when I signed up I went to https://www.peacocktv.com/WWE and if you are a first-time customer then you could get 4 months for 10 dollars which works out at $2.50.

At least that's what I got, unless that offer is gone now.

Maybe thats it. They mentioned the offer on smackdown and Cole referneced 2.50. The offer itself was blurred out by BT Sport.

Gonna test Peacock out on NXT Takeover.

Testing out Peakcock now on a Fire Stick with VPN Unlimited. Just watching Talking Smack down which is OnDemand but so far, so good.

There's a 7-day free trial with Peacock so I'll signup for that tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The network is still the same as it was in Ireland, yeah? I only get it once a year for Mania so nothing has changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭ThePott

I've used Peacock for NXT the last few days and thought it was excellent.
    That being said I used it to try watch Fastlane after the fact and was disappointed but hoping that was just an early glitch and it will be better from now.

I know people are complaining about the older content and censorship but that doesn't bother me all that much personally.

• Advertisement

Pretty hard to pay for the Peacock sub. Revolut & Paypal both seem to fail for me.
    Anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement