Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I think Nord might work with it but Peacock will block most VPNs

I'm using DNS with Getflix and no issues with that so far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

oneilla wrote: »
    What VPN options are people using for peacock?

Express VPN, New Jersey 1.

I tried a number of VPN's when I got Peacock, which was about 6 months ago, and most did not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ThePott

I'm using VPN Unlimited from Keep Solid.
    As much as people have said they don't work, generally just changing the server to another American one has worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,079 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Molly Holly probably....

I joke btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Eva Marie.

I'm sure it's not voted for by fans so Charlotte will be there higher than Becky though I think Becky would be the more popular of the 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

One of the nxt horsewomen at a guess. I mean they are they most pushed women in the company the past five years. I’ll be interested to see where lita and trish and mickie James are ranked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Can I make the joke about Stephanie going in at number 1 for being the creator and architect of the womens evolution revolution?

Can I make the joke about Stephanie going in at number 1 for being the creator and architect of the womens evolution revolution?

What joke ? There’s a high possibility she’ll be up there.

Steph should be top 10 realistically, even in kayfabe.

She's been a key character on TV for 2 decades, is one of the best female promo's there's been and was in what's probably the highest profile match involving women in Wrestlemania history.

• Advertisement

I'd have Chyna and Lita up high also Becky and Victoria

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    What joke ? There’s a high possibility she’ll be up there.

I bet top 5 :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,792 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Trish for number 1 ?

Ronda should be number 1. Was a big factor in the huge TV deals they got, the main reason that women main evented Wrestlemania, and was also in the second highest profile match involving women at Mania the year before.

But if they want to go with someone with more longevity and who they can label as 'their' creation, it has to be Becky. No woman has ever been as over and important as she was Summer 18 - 19.

Sasha, Bayley & Charlotte should probably be top 5 too. Chyna, Sable, Sunny & Liz were all huge stars at one point as well.

Trish's era has sort of been reframed and she's gotten more credit for putting in the work that she tried to over her run, but let's call a spade a spade, she had very very few memorable matches and she was over based on her look. I think they've got to go with people who'd better wrestling matches in their top 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TheLocalMan

Monokne wrote: »
    Ronda should be number 1. Was a big factor in the huge TV deals they got, the main reason that women main evented Wrestlemania, and was also in the second highest profile match involving women at Mania the year before.

But if they want to go with someone with more longevity and who they can label as 'their' creation, it has to be Becky. No woman has ever been as over and important as she was Summer 18 - 19.

Sasha, Bayley & Charlotte should probably be top 5 too. Chyna, Sable, Sunny & Liz were all huge stars at one point as well.

Trish's era has sort of been reframed and she's gotten more credit for putting in the work that she tried to over her run, but let's call a spade a spade, she had very very few memorable matches and she was over based on her look. I think they've got to go with people who'd better wrestling matches in their top 5.

Ronda hasn't wrestled in almost 2 years now, and probably won't ever wrestle again. No way does she deserve to be no 1.

Ronda hasn't wrestled in almost 2 years now, and probably won't ever wrestle again. No way does she deserve to be no 1.

She will be back down the line, I believe within 12 months. Also, Becky hasn't wrestled in a year either. Does no.1 have to have worked in the past week or what is the timescale you've put on it?

The points I made stand. She's had a greater impact on the business than all the other women in the company when you look at the current TV deal and the scale of her biggest matches. How many womens only PPV's have they run without Ronda? How many Wrestlemania's were headlined by women without Ronda?

Perhaps just as pertinent, had she not succeeded in drawing big money for UFC, WWE would never have been open to promoting women seriously in the way they do now which is a huge impact she had before even getting there.

She will be back down the line, I believe within 12 months. Also, Becky hasn't wrestled in a year either. Does no.1 have to have worked in the past week or what is the timescale you've put on it?

The points I made stand. She's had a greater impact on the business than all the other women in the company when you look at the current TV deal and the scale of her biggest matches. How many womens only PPV's have they run without Ronda? How many Wrestlemania's were headlined by women without Ronda?

Perhaps just as pertinent, had she not succeeded in drawing big money for UFC, WWE would never have been open to promoting women seriously in the way they do now which is a huge impact she had before even getting there.

There’s three episodes up with 10-1 to come and the only criteria I’ve seen is it’s the modern era which WWE has put at 1993-present and they must have been in ring talent to get a ranking but that influential women not wrestlers will be mentioned. I got that from the opening of the first episodewith Sarah Schriber(sp) telling us this. I stopped watching and will watch them all once they are up.

The Roddy Piper Vs Bad News Brown match has been edited out of WM 6 on the network on peacock.

I presume a lot of attitude era stuff will be edited out when they upload them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

The Roddy Piper Vs Bad News Brown match has been edited out of WM 6 on the network on peacock.

The Mid South tapes don't stand a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭savemejebus

What a pointless, virtue signalling gesture.

• Advertisement

Peacock are editing a lot of stuff. The Vince - Booker segment where Vince uses the n word is gone. I imagine Attitude Era Raw's will be hacked up.

I saw that wrestle mania 6 wasn’t up on peacock yet and was wondering how they’d handle that match in particular and it seems it’s to just remove it completely. And yet on the wwe network here in Ireland it’s there in all its glory. I know people outside the US signed up to access the network when it first launched but I wouldn’t be surprised if people in the US did something similar to get access to the international network. ECW is already hard to watch with music edits and the like, but it won’t be worth their while putting any of it up on peacock if this is the way they are going.

Peacock are editing a lot of stuff. The Vince - Booker segment where Vince uses the n word is gone. I imagine Attitude Era Raw's will be hacked up.

The Irish lads are getting an unexpected win here.

The territories will be gutted if they go up at all.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Steph should be top 10 realistically, even in kayfabe.

She's been a key character on TV for 2 decades, is one of the best female promo's there's been and was in what's probably the highest profile match involving women in Wrestlemania history.

I'd argue probably the best female promo not just one of, she's an absolute heat magnet and doesn't need to use a catchphrase to do so ala Vickie Guerrero.

I mean after you get through Lita, Trish, Charlotte, Becky, Sasha, Bayley, Ronda - she's easily in the top 10.

I feel like Sable and Chyna have big claims to being in the top 10 here though.

It feels like people don't want to acknowledge it now but both were huuuuge stars. Sable's quarter hours between 1997 & 1999 were right up there with Austin's.

Of course it depends on what the list is really meant to be about - my perception is the most impacful female stars the company has had - and I feel like in Sable's case especially, they really don't want to be promoting the idea they had this massive star and majorly pushed act where the entire appeal was her blonde hair and big t*ts. At least with Trish, because she got good in the ring, there can at least be a pretence that she didn't get over based solely on her look.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The Irish lads are getting an unexpected win here.

The territories will be gutted if they go up at all.

It does feel like this is the model they want to move to in the long term though. THey have it in the US & Canada so surely if and when Sky or BT go big on a streaming platform, WWE will look to licence their content their instead.

I suppose Ronda vs. Becky one on one submission match should happen one day in the future

Sherri deserves a spot, manager, valet, wrestler, helped build HBK

Steph for the insults and knocks she took from everyone, male and female, past champion too :p

I suppose Ronda vs. Becky one on one submission match should happen one day in the future

Sherri deserves a spot, manager, valet, wrestler, helped build HBK

Steph for the insults and knocks she took from everyone, male and female, past champion too :p

Hadn't though of her but yes, her along with Liz & Sunny were important featured acts for their time.

It does feel like this is the model they want to move to in the long term though. THey have it in the US & Canada so surely if and when Sky or BT go big on a streaming platform, WWE will look to licence their content their instead.

Yes long term it probably is the plan but in the short to medium term I don’t how we can access the network will change because I don’t think sky or BT are going big on streaming.

• Advertisement

Piper Vs Brown gone off our version of the network now as well.

Bit of a joke if we're going to be getting all the peacock edits as well. I'm not saying that match is in good taste or anything but I just mean with stuff moving forward.

Advertisement