Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Second the MP chalk. Slight preference for it over the Bulk stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

MP said they won't ship it to me due to shipping restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

There’s tonnes on Amazon, including MP. I use Beal I think it’s called. Hanley recommended it back in the day and I’ve used it ever since

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Try Decathlon.

Does it have to be liquid though? I always preferred the block of chalk.

Edit: €3!! Bargain https://www.decathlon.ie/ie_en/chalk-ball-slow-flow-en-s169951.html

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

DylanJM wrote: »
    Bingo! Mental health content always goes down well and generally gets good engagement from your followers.

Yeah. Highly ironic when people use social media as a platform to talk about the importance of mental health. To me it’s like encouraging people to come to the pub to talk about their drinking problem.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Brian? wrote: »
    Try Decathlon.

Edit: €3!! Bargain https://www.decathlon.ie/ie_en/chalk-ball-slow-flow-en-s169951.html

I suppose it doesn't actually! Not bringing it anywhere now!!

Try Decathlon.

The problem with the block is that it invariably breaks and somehow explodes.

The chalk ball is grand though. Keep it in a plastic shopping bag and just chalk up your hands in it.

I got the chalk ball in Great Outdoors for €3 as well

The chalk ball is grand though. Keep it in a plastic shopping bag and just chalk up your hands in it.

I got the chalk ball in Great Outdoors for €3 as well

I keep mine in a ziplock bag and in an old ice cream tub. Tis grand

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

But it's so satisfying if you manage to sculpt the block into a smaller and a smaller object without it breaking into a million pieces :D

But it's so satisfying if you manage to sculpt the block into a smaller and a smaller object without it breaking into a million pieces :D

Absolutely.

The blocks last for ages too. Unless you’re running them under your oxters like I see some lads do.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Absolutely.

The blocks last for ages too. Unless you’re running them under your oxters like I see some lads do.

There are people in the gym that are younger than my chalk ball

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I think the people in the 'fitness' realm who cite anxiety and depression have issues other than energy drinks.

sorry for dragging this back ,I was caught on a call mid response yest

I think you are right. But excessive coffee can cause anxiety.
    But I think its more that I think it exasperates the issue .
    And of course the valid points such as social media etc..which can be utter thrash at time - posted a few days ago about this but a personal dsilike is the happy clappy David Googins type motivation from some people. I think that only preachers to the crowd and actually make unmotivated and depressed people even worse.

Dan Bell squats 500kg at the Hybrid Showdown:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLkRQw1BQSd/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Julius Maddox benching 355kg:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLkaxO4huH4/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

John Haack making 377.5kg look handy and aaaaalmost pulling 400.5kg:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLklzwJBgia/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Dan Bell squats 500kg at the Hybrid Showdown:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLkRQw1BQSd/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Julius Maddox benching 355kg:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLkaxO4huH4/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

John Haack making 377.5kg look handy and aaaaalmost pulling 400.5kg:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLklzwJBgia/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I walked 10, 000 steps but I suppose I don't get a mention

JJayoo wrote: »
    I walked 10, 000 steps but I suppose I don't get a mention

The real heroes are usually only recognised after their time. Stay strong brother.

they/them/theirs

The real heroes are usually only recognised after their time. Stay strong brother.

At some place in the future, there shall be the Jjayoo 10k Memorial Award for Services to Steps*.

*Not the band.

At some place in the future, there shall be the Jjayoo 10k Memorial Award for Services to Steps*.

*Not the band.

If not it will be a Tragedy*

*Yes, that's a Steps related joke

they/them/theirs

Thor has competition for his deadlift record

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM2SDmLj_eP/?igshid=1getvk68389b4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

If not it will be a Tragedy*

*Yes, that's a Steps related joke

Maybe most people are too young to get that one but BRAVO SIR, BRAVO

BTW just to annoy the Johnny 2pack crowd I used to keep my chalk in a mcdonalds bag. Good times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Patsy167

This may be of interest to some people on here -MyFitnessPal 3 months Free Premium Subscription (With Code) - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=116739858#post116739858

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Will_I_Regret

Bought two 20kg bumper plates from a well known Irish supplier. First time I used them, I could have sworn one side of the bar was noticeably heavier, but I just put it down to not being centred on my back.

Curiosity got the best of me as I couldn't find the "centre" of the bar for a few days at this stage and was only happening when these plates were on. So I decided to weigh them on a very accurate digital scales.

First plate was 19.2kg and the second plate was 21.7kg!!

Not being competition plates I wouldn't expect them to be perfect, but an imbalance of 2.5kg :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Bought two 20kg bumper plates from a well known Irish supplier. First time I used them, I could have sworn one side of the bar was noticeably heavier, but I just put it down to not being centred on my back.

Curiosity got the best of me as I couldn't find the "centre" of the bar for a few days at this stage and was only happening when these plates were on. So I decided to weigh them on a very accurate digital scales.

Not being competition plates I wouldn't expect them to be perfect, but an imbalance of 2.5kg :D

Just use a fractional plate with the lighter one. Doubtful the seller will take it back

This is actually much more common than people think with these.

On the bright side, you got an extra 0.9kg for free :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,071 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Cill94 wrote: »
    This is actually much more common than people think with these.

On the bright side, you got an extra 0.9kg for free :D
    He said bumpers. I’d say it’s very common with cheap plates. It should average over over multiple plates in a gym. But pretty annoying in a gym.

I’d complain to the seller and try swing a free set of fractionals.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

anyone interested in mobility might like this one, sports coach reviewing another channel kneesovertoesguy

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    anyone interested in mobility might like this one, sports coach reviewing another channel kneesovertoesguy

Kneesovertoesguy and theflexibull both great guys to follow. Incredible examples of what the body can adapt to when it's loaded intelligently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

For the second time this lockdown, I have blended a sachet of silica gel with my intra-workout shake. Again I only noticed after a few mouthfuls when I fished a big piece of mushy paper out of my gob. Yuck.

Clarence on being anti anti-doping. Really well thought out and articulated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Clarence on being anti anti-doping. Really well thought out and articulated.

It's important to note Clarence will have a significant amount of bias as someone who uses PEDs. Some rebuttal here.

• Advertisement

DylanJM wrote: »
    It's important to note Clarence will have a significant amount of bias as someone who uses PEDs. Some rebuttal here.

I don't necessarily agree but it is at least a well-articulated argument.

My main argument against it would be that I don't know if removing testing makes it fairer. The athletes/countries with advantages as it stands would still have those advantages.

And I do question whether it would make it hugely safer. Do people who feel like they're at a disadvantage start increasing doses, taking other less-than-safe drugs in order to get an edge/level the field.

I just thought it was well articulated and offered food for thought. As an aside, I'm not sure if he'd ever removed doubt about being 'natty' before but he did so in a Q&A recently.

Thanks for the video countering his. Will give it a watch

Advertisement