Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite quiz question?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Emo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Which famous BBC DJ and occasional presenter of Top of the Pops witnessed Lee Harvey Oswald's murder?

Emo.

Wouldn't have got that one...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

another good one i heard at a table quiz was 'what's the tallest mountain in each of the four provinces'; very few tables got all four.

another good one i heard at a table quiz was 'what's the tallest mountain in each of the four provinces'; very few tables got all four.

In the spirit of pedantry, aint there narys the peak in Ireland that qualifies (3,000m I think) as a mountain :p

• Advertisement

could use that as a spoiler question so!

actually, IIRC, that was asked at a table quiz where i nearly ended up on the same team as garret fitzgerald, but he wasn't able to make it in the end. there were comments that if he had shown up, he'd have been put on a table on his own by the organisers, to make it fair on everyone else.

KevRossi wrote: »
    Which famous BBC DJ and occasional presenter of Top of the Pops witnessed Lee Harvey Oswald's murder?

Surely must be sir Jimmy

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Terence Rattigan

KevRossi wrote: »

Was it John Peel?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,157 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Which BBC presenter was in the control room at NASA mission control when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon.

• Advertisement

Carrigtoohil, Croagh Patrick, Sugarloaf, and the Giants Causeway :pac:

Very few tables got all four Fk me - how many even got three?

patrick moore i suspect.

Which BBC presenter was in the control room at NASA mission control when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon.

David Frost?

David Frost?

No. To clarify, which CURRENT BBC presenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭KevRossi

I only know it because I've been on all of them. Mweelrea, Carrantoohill, Lugnaquilla, Slieve Donard.
    Was it John Peel?

Yes it was. Get your hand on his autobiography if you can. Great book.

can't remember now unfortunately, this was probably over 20 years ago.
    i have twice been on teams that won the 'best/worst wrong answer' booby prize.
    names of the three wise men, we put down 'veni, vidi and vici'
    and in another quiz, one of our team members was *insistent* that a ziggurat was a large truck, so we humoured her and put that down. she realised afterwards she was thinking of juggernaut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Christopher John Davison is better known by what name?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,014 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Croagh Patrick is not the tallest in Connacht.
    It's a place called Mulree or something like that, can't pronounce it, can't spell it and can't find it on a map either if I had to.

No idea what the Ulster one is, probably something in the Mournes.

just did a bit of googling - john peel was at the press conference just before oswald was killed, but there's no suggestion he was a witness to the killing in what i've found?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

These TV ones are popular... Here's one that'll appeal to TV addicts, and those what are good at combinations/permutations in Mathematics.

The Waltons - "Goodnight Johnboy" :D
    Assuming every Walton's character said 'goodnight' to each other; how many "goodnights" would there be in total?
    Anywhere from tens and thousands to millions......but assuming you meant just the household with 2 grandparents, 2 parents and 7 kids then 110...

• Advertisement

rather randomly, my wife just gave me the answer when i mentioned the john peel thing to her. and i'd never have guessed the answer.
    you could even add more detail, which BBC tv presenter held the hand of armstrong's secretary to help her relax during the moon landings?

rather randomly, my wife just gave me the answer when i mentioned the john peel thing to her. and i'd never have guessed the answer.
    you could even add more detail, which BBC tv presenter held the hand of armstrong's secretary to help her relax during the moon landings?

You could indeed add that as an extra piece of detail. :D

which famous british musician was booked to fly on Pan Am flight 103 (which blew up over lockerbie) but missed the flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,380 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Croagh Patrick is not the tallest in Connacht.
    It's a place called Mulree or something like that, can't pronounce it, can't spell it and can't find it on a map either if I had to.

No idea what the Ulster one is, probably something in the Mournes.

Mt Errigal in Donegal i think is a little taller than Sliabh Donard in the Mournes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Sandi Toksvig. She's mentioned it a few times on different programmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Who Invented the skip ?

cj maxx wrote: »
    Mt Errigal in Donegal i think is a little taller than Sliabh Donard in the Mournes
    No, errigal is almost exactly 100m shorter.

Anywhere from tens and thousands to millions......but assuming you meant just the household with 2 grandparents, 2 parents and 7 kids then 110...

:) correct

It wasn't a trick question :pac:

which famous british musician was booked to fly on Pan Am flight 103 (which blew up over lockerbie) but missed the flight?

Johnny Rotten

• Advertisement

The Mulk wrote: »
    Christopher John Davison is better known by what name?

Christy Burke :)

Advertisement