Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justice League **Spoilers from post 980 onward**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

The epilogue was definitely too much especially Deathstroke/Lex and MM, if he left it at the Knightmare tease I would have fine with that. Just on the MM scene as well, I much prefer slimmed down Affleck to the freakish size he was previously as for me Batman works better when his size is not done to ludicrous proportion.

In other news the Restore hashtag received over a million tweets yesterday. That is some effort but I imagine part of it is down to headers tweeting every minute. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

The epilogue was definitely too much especially Deathstroke/Lex and MM, if he left it at the Knightmare tease I would have fine with that. Just on the MM scene as well, I much prefer slimmed down Affleck to the freakish size he was previously as for me Batman works better when his size is not done to ludicrous proportion.

In other news the Restore hashtag received over a million tweets yesterday. That is some effort but I imagine part of it is down to headers tweeting every minute. :D

Affleck was more trim because of the reshoots. But I think the suit is designed to make him look bigger still

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Affleck was more trim because of the reshoots. But I think the suit is designed to make him look bigger still

He looked lovely in that reshoot.

Yeah I know. He looked fine for the role in the reshoot, I just think they went over the top with his physique previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

whats the restore hashtag?

• Advertisement

whats the restore hashtag?

Restore the Snyder Verse.

Fans took to twitter yesterday to "lobby" Warner Media and HBO Max to greenlight further Snyder DC projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Restore the Snyder Verse.

Fans took to twitter yesterday to "lobby" Warner Media and HBO Max to greenlight further Snyder DC projects.

Does he even wanna do it? Like I enjoyed the movie, but Im not dying for more. Esp with the latest Wonder Woman movie being garbage. (Still think Gal Gadot looks the part but isnt charismatic enough to lead a movie on her own).

From interviews Warner have their new direction with Green Lantern and Batman projects.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Does he even wanna do it? Like I enjoyed the movie, but Im not dying for more. Esp with the latest Wonder Woman movie being garbage. (Still think Gal Gadot looks the part but isnt charismatic enough to lead a movie on her own).

From interviews Warner have their new direction with Green Lantern and Batman projects.

I think the angle is that Warner and HBO were the ones themselves that bigged up the concept of the Multiverse at DC Fandome, so fans feel what's the problem with having multiple actors playing the same roles.

Snyder is fanning the flames on further projects, telling fans to keep watching on streaming services and keep fighting. Based on the last 40 mins or so I think he definitely wants to do more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

I love Squires....good to see he's branching out from the football. :D

• Advertisement

steve_r wrote: »

Thats the lad from the Guardian isnt it? Love his work

I love Squires....good to see he's branching out from the football. :D

The world needs more comic strips featuring Superheroes quoting Alan Partridge.

Lois Lane : I love you Clark....

Clark :...eh....Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yeah I know. He looked fine for the role in the reshoot, I just think they went over the top with his physique previously.

No way, he looked scrawny,which is particularly contrasted with how big batman was.
    I liked the muscular batman that Snyder brought to life, just a huge muscular man that doesn't have kilos of armour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Watched it last night. No question it is superior to the Whedon version.

Its no masterpiece but it is a solid effort imo. Good character development, better story, Darker in tone & more violent. Enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Watch the whole thing. But if you are busy just even watch ten minutes. All it takes.

Guy elaborates on the many issues better than I ever could.

Kirby wrote: »

Watch the whole thing. But if you are busy just even watch ten minutes. All it takes.

2 hours for a review.....

I watched a few mins, in those few mins the reviewer goes over ground he doenst have to. Kinda like Snyder

2 hours? Are you insane?

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    2 hours? Are you insane?

Id rather watch another film than watch that review. Maybe if it was the OSW lads reviewing it Id give it a watch if it was 2 hours 18 minutes..... maybe

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Id rather watch another film than watch that review. Maybe if it was the OSW lads reviewing it Id give it a watch if it was 2 hours 18 minutes..... maybe

Yes you know you'd have the craic with them. This is just a big rant. Like I could do the same.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I mean, I can't complain too much, I recently listened to Red Letter Media's resident Trekkies discuss TNG's Season 1 for 1.5 hours. Horses for courses I guess 'cos the idea of 2 hours spent dissecting the redux of Justice League feels excessive. Again I wonder if the CoVid effect is simply causing people to divest way more time and energy into something perhaps not quite deserving of it - anything to avoid dealing with the limbo we currently live in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The irony of people championing a 4-hour movie balking at a 2-hour critique is kind of funny to me. :p

As I said, just pick a random part and watch a couple of minutes. The man makes good points.

Yes you know you'd have the craic with them. This is just a big rant. Like I could do the same.

It's not a rant. People who rant lack coherence. This is anything but that. Plain spoken and to the point when he makes one.....no pontification or verbose nonsense. He has made several of these for a variety of movies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I watched a few minutes and seemed like a warmed up variant of the "Everything Wrong With..." style of video essays, ones where nitpicking or continuity deconstruction is substituted for substantive, interesting critique of the feature itself. It has been clear enough this cut is its own beast, and doesn't care about the other movies like the Aquaman solo flick, so criticising that seems to be missing the point somewhat. Maybe there's more to it than that, but again, 2 hours seems like a bit much on-top of an already large investment of the 4-hour movie itself.

The irony of people championing a 4-hour movie balking at a 2-hour critique is kind of funny to me. :p

As I said, just pick a random part and watch a couple of minutes. The man makes good points.

It's not a rant. People who rant lack coherence. This is anything but that. Plain spoken and to the point when he makes one.....no pontification or verbose nonsense. He has made several of these for a variety of movies.

Whos championing the movie that balks at at massive 2 hour plus review.

I dont care how many the reviewer makes, 2 hours plus on a review in the style and format is not worth my 2 hours. Sorry

Im certain his 2 hour review could be condensed into a much shorter format. Much like Snyders movie.

Maybe rant wasn't right but it's frantic. Just seems like some lads going on and on and on about things... it's not appealing to me at all. It's not like a discussion or interesting.

Just some fella waffling on over a film for 2 hours. Who cares.

Whatever about 2 hours long but Mauler was a gimmick on YouTube before the rest followed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A quick sampling suggests it’s exactly the sort of tedious plot / script nitpicking that turns me right off so many YouTube videos about film, TBH.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Much like Whedons cut, that review does nothing but make the Snyder cut look like a master piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,256 ✭✭✭✭Penn

For those who don't have 2 hours but can spare 20 minutes, this is a decent video. Not a review, but more an analysis and critique of Snyder's general style and themes.

Penn wrote: »
    For those who don't have 2 hours but can spare 20 minutes, this is a decent video. Not a review, but more an analysis and critique of Snyder's general style and themes.

But why? We have our own brains to make up our own minds. Why do we need to watch some other fella tell us why something is good or bad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,256 ✭✭✭✭Penn

But why? We have our own brains to make up our own minds. Why do we need to watch some other fella tell us why something is good or bad?

Again, not a review. He's not really saying whether it's good or bad, he's comparing it to Snyder's previous works, themes and styles he uses throughout all his movies, how they work here or don't, what he does differently here etc. For example he speaks a lot about Snyder's Libertarian views, how it's prevalent through most of his movies and in Justice League etc. He speaks about how Snyder frames certain shots, what he's trying to convey through it.

It's a discussion of Snyder's filmmaking, not a review of the movie.

Advertisement