Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2021 :Round 1 Bahrain

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,656 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Hopefully it's a Max win today, I did expect Perez to qualify a lot higher up the grid but I'm sure he'll make up plenty of places during the race. Gasly looking quick, looking forward to the battle outside the top two. Looks like it will be a long season having to watch Mazepin

I would say it's going to be a long season for Haas.
    I like the late afternoon start, I won't feel guilty about cracking a beer
    I don't like it. The earlier they start the better. Bring on the 4 and 5am starts I say.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭This is it

AMKC wrote: »
    I would say it's going to be a long season for Haas.

I don't like it. The earlier they start the better. Bring on the 4 and 5am starts I say.

So you can not watch them and wait for the highlights on C4 like last year?

:D

namloc1980 wrote: »

So Vettel got grid penalties and penalty points for ignoring yellow flags yesterday. Starts at the back of the grid, doesn't get much worse then that on his AM debut.

Might nearly be as well starting from the pitlane, save the first corner danger.

Ms

This is it wrote: »
    So you can not watch them and wait for the highlights on C4 like last year?

:D

Exactly. It's not like I do not want to watch them live but I do not have Sky Sports and am not paying for a load of crap I do not want when the only sport I want to see is F1. I would pay for that separately if they offered it it but no Sky in there wisdom are assho,les.
    So I just have to make do with highlights but thats ok because me and my sister pretend its live anyway while watching it. She is in Scotland.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Exactly. It's not like I do not want to watch them live but I do not have Sky Sports and am not paying for a load of crap I do not want when the only sport I want to see is F1. I would pay for that separately if they offered it it but no Sky in there wisdom are assho,les.
    So I just have to make do with highlights but thats ok because me and my sister pretend its live anyway while watching it. She is in Scotland.

Really hope F1 gets the rights to broadcast in Ireland via their streaming service soon. Can't wait to get rid of Sky altogether

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

If you have a VPN you could purchase the official F1TV package from formula1.com

Costs about 50 quid for the year (if you say you are in Russia) and you can watch all the races and qualy iive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Might nearly be as well starting from the pitlane, save the first corner danger.

I’d be nervous starting behind Mazepin into turn one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭markc91

I have sky sports with Virgin but no F1 channel so ive to pay extra to get that so it could be the same with sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Seems a bit harsh this but but I suppose the rules are there.

"Vettel did not abandon his lap. He explained to the Stewards that he saw the smoke ahead of him, but was unsure if it was a lock-up or a stopped car until he was quite close to the car and the smoke was lifting.

"The Stewards observed that he had already passed the signal panel when it illuminated as he approached the scene, and that the marshals in that turn had not yet reacted with a yellow flag. Nevertheless, Vettel was approaching a car that was stopped sideways on the track and by the rule this would necessitate a double yellow flag."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,159 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Adamocovic wrote: »

If anyone is gonna yeet it into the first, it's gonna be him with zero f**ks given

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,850 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

duploelabs wrote: »
    If anyone is gonna yeet it into the first, it's gonna be him with zero f**ks given

A russia blood to the head!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Adamocovic wrote: »

Maybe safer to be behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

To save the others from danger. He’s a pretty prolific crusher and spinner these days.

Terrible start but It would be good to see him have a good race and come back through the field in a decent car.

Starting from the actual back is an interesting test of him and the car. With a lucky safety car he could be well into the points by the end.

What are the odds of a safety car at this circuit?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

duploelabs wrote: »

Tsunoda seems to be a new Kobayashi so look forward to his starts.

Ms

Tzardine wrote: »
    If you have a VPN you could purchase the official F1TV package from formula1.com

Costs about 50 quid for the year (if you say you are in Russia) and you can watch all the races and qualy iive.
    Nope not yet. Maybe I will try for the next race but no point if I can not get it on the TV. I am not going to watch the race on my phone too stressful.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

What are the odds of a safety car at this circuit?

Odds-on for a safety car.

4/7 for yes, 7/4 for no.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,548 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yeah nobody has the right to tell you to stop talking but nobody is under an obligation to agree with what you say Lewis.

Murray walker tribute coming up next.

Ted kravitz needs to relax.

Never knew Murray Walker was a tank commander in WW2. What a life he lived.

• Advertisement

Ah Belgium 1998.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭This is it

Missing all this, won't get to watch until near 4 :/

Ms

There was a nice tribute by Channel 4 to Murrey Walker yesterday as well.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Tzardine wrote: »
    Never knew Murray Walker was a tank commander in WW2. What a life he lived.

And somehow he wasn’t knighted.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

That Murray Walker tribute has broken me.

This is it wrote: »
    Missing all this, won't get to watch until near 4 :/

I’m sure it’ll be on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,694 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Lovely tribute to Murray.

I don't know what it is exactly but the Murray stuff really gets to me.

Almost there lads.

Most anticipated race start in some years. I think its going to be a belter.

• Advertisement

Afternoon everyone. Good to be back in the forum :)

Advertisement