Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

fin12 wrote: »
    I see Matt sorum has had plastic surgery on his face aswell, is Slash the only one who hasn’t messed with his face?

He's probably messed with every organ in his body though??

• Registered Users Posts: 39,407 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What age is his wife? Axl should def have a kid. Mini axl rose with long flowing red hair. lol

Late thirties I think I read.

Yeah he decided to give it welly to his body for years although to be fair the original five are all alive and don’t look that bad. How duff looks the healthiest I’ll never know. Steven has issues with his speech but that’s because of the stroke and then banging his head against a hard floor during it. I assume Izzy is healthy enough given he stopped years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Slash and Duff by rights should've been dead ages ago, Slash at 35 was given either 6 days or 6 weeks to live in 2001, but he's had a pacemaker since, totally clean since 2006 to my recollection, gave up the smokes in 2009 after his mother passed from lung cancer.

Duff, as is well known.... That man is a guide to addicts in how to do a complete 360 in your life, and get away from bad habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Well he’s doing well age wise like the whole lot of them are, sure they are all in their 50s / 60s

• Advertisement

The guys are late 50's, pushing 60, with Axl the closest.

Melissa's in her 30's..

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Melissa's in her 30's..

Has axl ever said anything about having children?

Melissa's in her 30's..

And axl looks the oldest because of whatever he was up to in the early 2000s with the eyebrows going missing and him looking shinny(for lack of a better word). It’s unfortunate that his voice is the way it is now, because I don’t think it’s a case of him not wanting to sing like he used to, because to me it sounds like he doesn’t have the control he used to have. I mean during concerts he shows he can still do it in spurts but not like it was. Maybe if he hadn’t made **** of his voice during the UYI tour where he sounded like he was gargling bleach at times and sounding rough he might not have been as bad now.

In the behind the scenes video to estranged he talked about kids but outside of that I don’t know he felt.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    In the behind the scenes video to estranged he talked about kids but outside of that I don’t know he felt.

When he split with Stephanie in '93, I think that nailed that particular door shut.

• Advertisement

When he split with Stephanie in '93, I think that nailed that particular door shut.

Yeah and he was very close with her son Dylan who’s shown in that video. I think there’s four kids from the members of the band. Two each from slash and duff.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yeah and he was very close with her son Dylan who’s shown in that video. I think there’s four kids from the members of the band. Two each from slash and duff.

Slash and Duff ain't the only ones with kids, think Dizzy, Frank & Richard are old lads too..

There's so much blank space in the history of this band from the end of the classic line up we came to know and love that's missing, it would make an interesting book/books to read if the book started around '98 when the band compromised of Axl, Tommy Stinson, Josh Freese, Robin Finck on lead guitar, Paul Tobias, Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman.

Could Axl be gay and or bi? I was looking up him online re did he have any children and then came across rumors.

Slash and Duff ain't the only ones with kids, think Dizzy, Frank & Richard are old lads too..

There's so much blank space in the history of this band from the end of the classic line up we came to know and love that's missing, it would make an interesting book/books to read if the book started around '98 when the band compromised of Axl, Tommy Stinson, Josh Freese, Robin Finck on lead guitar, Paul Tobias, Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman.

Well I think dizzy is a grandfather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Could Axl be gay and or bi? I was looking up him online re did he have any children and then came across rumors.

W. Axl Rose is the greatest person of all time.

The Appetite For Distortion interview with David Wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Dublin gig now rescheduled to 28th June 2022.

wawaman wrote: »
    Dublin gig now rescheduled to 28th June 2022.

Was inevitable really I guess - just a matter of waiting for the confirmation.

Good support acts for next year though - pleased with that!

Just saw the email about the rescheduling of the show which honestly isn’t that much of a surprise really. It seems they are starting the tour in Australia and New Zealand at the end of this year and hopefully by then the world will be back to some kind of normality.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Mecrab

Dublin is 8th on the euro leg so hopefully that means Axls voice will be at least half way warmed up when he plays here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

See Twitter has an exclusive interview with Izzy :)

https://twitter.com/IzzyStradlin999/status/1379974838438129664?s=20

It was known that slash auditioned for poison and C.C Deville got the gig but I hadn’t heard about the issues it caused within poison. And I think it worked out well for both bands.

The list of best and worst songs on GNR albums is interesting.

I agree with some of the picks because my world was a mess and yeah probably not a great move to include a song by Charles Manson even if none of the royalties went to him, they went to a family member of one of
    his victims.

You’re crazy isn’t the worst song on appetite either. I’d put that at think about you.

IMO coma is the best song on UYI 1.

Edit: lies: I’d agree patience is the best song on the album and I’d take one of the covers as the worst song and move to the city especially live is a great song.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

Wolfgang Van Halen's band announced as support for the rescheduled dates in the US. His album is released this month.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-announces-summer-2021-u-s-tour-with-mammoth-wvh/

• Registered Users Posts: 37,706 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

is the NITL Tour officially over now

I knw they made a fortune but i would of thought they would of cashed in and done a documentary/live concert release

PTH2009 wrote: »
    is the NITL Tour officially over now

I knw they made a fortune but i would of thought they would of cashed in and done a documentary/live concert release

Expecting this band to do anything, beyond touring. Take it away J. Jonah Jameson

AbandonedAggravatingBoilweevil-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Now would be a great time for Axl to do an official autobiography can anyone think of good title for the craic.
    "Not in this life time" might be a obvious one but I'd go with his famous t-shirt quote "Sh1t Happens"

Now would be a great time for Axl to do an official autobiography can anyone think of good title for the craic.
    "Not in this life time" might be a obvious one but I'd go with his famous t-shirt quote "Sh1t Happens"

Axl Rose, Don't Damn Me: The unfiltered truth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,706 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

'One More Bottle' The Axl Rose story

Advertisement