Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

No doubt they'll use the pandemic as an excuse to delay the release of the UYI anniversary reissue, never mind delaying any new music. This GNR reunion thing has been such a let down.

Agreed, the novelty of Slash & Duff being back in the band has long worn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

fair play to them, they've made a fortune even after forgetting who they are after their first album!

get Izzy back in the studio to teach them songwriting skills and ditch the show ponies give axl one big show piece ballad to keep him happy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

How are this band even relevant?

fair play to them, they've made a fortune even after forgetting who they are after their first album!

get Izzy back in the studio to teach them songwriting skills and ditch the show ponies give axl one big show piece ballad to keep him happy

1 slight problem, how do you bring back someone who doesn't want to come back?

Sugarlumps wrote: »

Same way as any other legacy acts going these days. Cashing in on the nostalgia.

Then again, that's harsh on legacy acts doing their best to stay relevant.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    1 slight problem, how do you bring back someone who doesn't want to come back?

he wont have to come back, he just needs to hand over his riff tapes :)

they're one of those bands that still kill it live ( i think)

Marc Canter's doing a video podcast covering the band's first 50 gigs.

https://twitter.com/recklessroad/status/1361362908857438213

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

That should be class!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Because they are amazing and their songs will live on forever not like the trash made now a days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What was the gig that appeared in the BBC documentary where the crowd in the front row destroyed the bands cables ??. Axl singled out someone telling them 'and You **** you/

• Registered Users Posts: 39,409 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    What was the gig that appeared in the BBC documentary where the crowd in the front row destroyed the bands cables ??. Axl singled out someone telling them 'and You **** you/

I don’t think I saw that documentary and if I did it didn’t make much of an impression. Crowd destroyed cables ? Was it the street scene gig in LA ? I’ve read up as much as I can on all GNR gigs and in that era that’s the only one I can think would match that description.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I don’t think I saw that documentary and if I did it didn’t make much of an impression. Crowd destroyed cables ? Was it the street scene gig in LA ? I’ve read up as much as I can on all GNR gigs and in that era that’s the only one I can think would match that description.

Yeah it was that street gig

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Yeah it was that street gig

They spilled water near the stage I knew that and they also were getting out of hand in terms of rowdiness to where the stage itself was moving according to accounts of the bands.

Also, I read something earlier that someone was suggesting that Steven Adler was an accurate recounting of the events surrounding the near death of Nikki sixx back in the day. I had to laugh at that opinion. I know Nikki says his recollection of the events is poor(what a shock) Steven alder is hardly any better.

I can only imagine the mountain of knowledge Marc Canter has.

https://twitter.com/first50gigs/status/1366058345178796034

I can only imagine the mountain of knowledge Marc Canter has.

https://twitter.com/first50gigs/status/1366058345178796034

Well the fact that his book reckless road was only a taste of what he had GNR wise I’d say he’s got the holy grail of early GNR stuff in terms of video and audio. That’s why the podcast is about the first 50 gigs because he recorded them. Imagine the video of those shows remastered ?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PetraMac

I'm subscribed to the first 50 gigs too. I would pay good money to see the whole contents of Marc's archive!

Seeing as there is nothing happening with the current lineup of GNR we are down to the former members and news they are making. So Matt sorum and his wife are having a kid. That’s the news.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    When they bothered to come on stage and play.

What r u on about? They played for 3 hours on Slane.

Seeing as there is nothing happening with the current lineup of GNR we are down to the former members and news they are making. So Matt sorum and his wife are having a kid. That’s the news.

How many kids had he now? Is he not in his 50s / ?

• Advertisement

Slash along with Brent, Todd and Frank are currently putting together the next SMKC album. So a current member of GN'R has something happening..

fin12 wrote: »

He's not in his 50's anymore.

Slash along with Brent, Todd and Frank are currently putting together the next SMKC album. So a current member of GN'R has something happening..

Well not as part of GNR. There’s nothing happening in that band and likely nothing will happen because of the management of this band couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery. I’ll get the next slash album when it comes out and I’ve no doubt it’ll be great but again there’s nothing happening with GNR and its very annoying. I’m not sure why I should be surprised at this point but well I am.

I should have worded my post better to make it clear I meant as part of GNR.

fin12 wrote: »

It’s his first kid I think. He’s 60 years old so there’s hope for axl yet.

Well not as part of GNR. There’s nothing happening in that band and likely nothing will happen because of the management of this band couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery. I’ll get the next slash album when it comes out and I’ve no doubt it’ll be great but again there’s nothing happening with GNR and its very annoying. I’m not sure why I should be surprised at this point but well I am.

I should have worded my post better to make it clear I meant as part of GNR.

I think we may as give up the ghost hoping for GN'R to do anything in terms of new music, Axl's motivation has long gone.

Just a little tidbit I think is interesting, Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators have now been around the same amount of time that Slash was in Guns N' Roses. His first solo album is a decade old this month, and Apocalyptic Love will hit the decade milestone next May.

I think we may as give up the ghost hoping for GN'R to do anything in terms of new music, Axl's motivation has long gone.

Just a little tidbit I think is interesting, Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators have now been around the same amount of time that Slash was in Guns N' Roses. His first solo album is a decade old this month, and Apocalyptic Love will hit the decade milestone next May.

When it comes to GNR I’m an optimist(**** knows why) who believes there’s hope. That's a mad tidbit when you think about it. Good albums they are too.

Did you see the thread on mygnr about the things that have happened since Chinese democracy was released in 2008 ? Jesus it’s sad to see. You could say that GNR got quality rather then quantity out of their first go around from 1985-1996/7/8 album wise but it’s annoying when you think of how talented they were as a group and the wasted opportunities.

When it comes to GNR I’m an optimist(**** knows why) who believes there’s hope. That's a mad tidbit when you think about it. Good albums they are too.

Did you see the thread on mygnr about the things that have happened since Chinese democracy was released in 2008 ? Jesus it’s sad to see. You could say that GNR got quality rather then quantity out of their first go around from 1985-1996/7/8 album wise but it’s annoying when you think of how talented they were as a group and the wasted opportunities.

Aren't we all eternal optimists when it comes to being a fan of this band? Slash when you think about it all, has done a lot in the 25 years he was out of GN'R, 2 Snakepit albums, session work, one of the founding members of Velvet Revolver, 1 self titled solo album, and 3 under the SMKC name, with a 4th on the horizon for 2021.

I've not seen the thread, I've not visited MYGNR in several years.

On a sidenote, the Appetite For Distortion podcast did an interview with David Wild, the Rolling Stone writer who Axl gave his first interview to in 2000, and got to hear some of the stuff Axl and the nu-band were working on at the time.

Aren't we all eternal optimists when it comes to being a fan of this band? Slash when you think about it all, has done a lot in the 25 years he was out of GN'R, 2 Snakepit albums, session work, one of the founding members of Velvet Revolver, 1 self titled solo album, and 3 under the SMKC name, with a 4th on the horizon for 2021.

I've not seen the thread, I've not visited MYGNR in several years.

On a sidenote, the Appetite For Distortion podcast did an interview with David Wild, the Rolling Stone writer who Axl gave his first interview to in 2000, and got to hear some of the stuff Axl and the nu-band were working on at the time.

Well at this stage yes we are. Well he’s not sat on his hole surrounded by a family of Brazilians talking about vibes or energy or whatever the **** that woman in Nevada was doing. Yoda I think she was referred to as.

Those snakepit albums are great despite what Matt sorum said in his now delayed auto biography and wanting his drums deleted. Also, despite what his wiki entry says Matt sorum didn’t cofound snakepit.

I do from time to time and in fairness it’s gotten better and there’s still this small group that thinks Axl is immune from blame for anything.

Yeah I saw that but haven’t listened to it yet. So he got to basically hear what would become CD ? Do you listen to any of the recent leaks ?

It’s his first kid I think. He’s 60 years old so there’s hope for axl yet.

What age is his wife? Axl should def have a kid. Mini axl rose with long flowing red hair. lol

• Advertisement

I see Matt sorum has had plastic surgery on his face aswell, is Slash the only one who hasn’t messed with his face?

Advertisement