Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Theman343 wrote: »
    Anyone see the massive pump in HOFV and DLPN? what is going on there?

They've signed an NFT agreement with each other.

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/fbc8eb66-531d-3ab4-addf-26ecc2c6a2ab/hall-of-fame-resort-dolphin.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Theman343 wrote: »
    Anyone see the massive pump in HOFV and DLPN? what is going on there?

Seems from reading just now to be the NFT tokens. I'd throw a guess on the partnership being around baseball cards as a digital asset of some form. There's demand for baseball cards in the real world as an asset. It's a weird one. Wouldn't touch it myself, but glad to see a recovery for anyone who got into the HOFV spac. I remember someone on this group had been in it and provided it as a worst case example. It was down 90% from NAV at one point.

pioneerpro wrote: »
    Not a hope - they're going IPO, with a large chunk of the pre-sale going to Melvin and other nefarious characters being my suspicion.

I fear that the PSTH target is going to be very very underwhelming, especially considering they braying mob has finally given up on Stripe/Plaid and have now started wild speculation in relation to everything from Fidelity to Bloomberg based on trust size.

Ya I'm considering cashing out at the moment to bank some profit and look to get in again at a later date. Just hoping for a recovery of some kind to happen first.

Think PSTH will find a good long term hold but very likely to drop significantly initially since it won't be the target people will want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭Treppen

Bit of an uptick on Tremor again today. Tipped back here a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,394 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Treppen wrote: »
    Bit of an uptick on Tremor again today. Tipped back here a few weeks ago.

Yeah it's certainly taken the rollercoaster since I bought it. Bought it at 630 on 12th Feb, was down to 530 and now up to 730

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

SPAC's seem to have gone out of favour, majority of them trading around their NAV's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Hello redness my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Ngl, loving this red. A few more weeks of this ideally and get the market back in line with reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Nio absolutely killing me today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

buyer95 wrote: »

Good opportunity to buy in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

SPAC's seem to have gone out of favour, majority of them trading around their NAV's

Most hyped/profitable short-term asset class fell the hardest. I'm buying up some bits this week and next at and below NAV for the solid post-DA stuff (HZON/Sports Radar) and the top-end management stuff (CPUH, VYGG) with the confidence that this can only go on so long, and that I'm happy to hold them till I do.

People holding warrants on speculative plays got properly slaughtered this month, and there was a hell of a lot of people on margin who were forced to dump. Same **** as in October, just they had harder to fall this time.

Thank the bejaysus I'm not into Warrants/Options etc....agree good names will survive the onslaught.

however some of the IT stocks are getting hammered, so tempting but wanna hold some cash for Oil/travel stocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Thank the bejaysus I'm not into Warrants/Options etc....agree good names will survive the onslaught.

however some of the IT stocks are getting hammered, so tempting but wanna hold some cash for Oil/travel stocks.

What travel stocks are you looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Aaaand I'm back in the red overall... uuugh open the pubs dammit.

Edesa would want to pull the finger out.

Very disappointed with 4D also.

Would love to see Alteryx restore its glory days.

Green energy is dhust for the a while..

Man I'm bag holding, and not the fun kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

It's a bad day when the only green in your portfolio is Edesa - up 0.5%... few 10% emails from Degiro overnight me thinks...when will the bleeding stop :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Aaaand I'm back in the red overall... uuugh open the pubs dammit.

Edesa would want to pull the finger out.

Very disappointed with 4D also.

Would love to see Alteryx restore its glory days.

Green energy is dhust for the a while..

Man I'm bag holding, and not the fun kind.

There's barely a stock on my watchlist that hasn't been red all week. Very few green.

Thoroughly disappointed with 4D myself. To the point I'm sorry I mentioned it last week on this thread in case anybody lost anything on it. Early signs on Monday were great but that's all been wiped out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭circadian

I'm just glad I sold up everything about a week and a half ago and sunk it into AT&T with everything else. I'm not even going to bother watching it for the next few months and just let those dividends come in. See where we're at then. I wonder if the stimmy checks will have any effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

Yikes... I am close to March 5 prices again for some of my stock. Which is upsetting as I sold out of some then got back in as market recovered - the ultimate school boy error and expensive mistake.

Plantir and Williams Sonoma I might get to add if there is further decline. I liked WSM (primarily due to Pottery Barn) but let waiting for it to pull back to low 100s and it never did. Earnings pushed it to 180s. Their CEO was speaking with Jim Cramer recently.

I will try add Tesla from low 600s too.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jams100

Just my opinion:
    People overreact here to bad days. There's probably <1% of people in the world who are in the green today overall. Good stocks also get brought down on bad days like today, amzn, goog, aapl, nvda, all down today, it doesn't mean much in the long run, I imagine 80-90% of us here are long term investors.
    The consensus target for the S&P by year end seems to be in the 4,200 - 4,300 range, by the analysts I've heard. That's the main number I'm looking at.

On 4d, yea its been pretty disappointing, but I said it was a good stock at the start of the week and nothing has really changed, its still a good stock, probably a better stock now given its current price! If you've done a bit of research on a stock then have conviction on it (It's something I need to get better on, actually buying my highest conviction stocks when they are correcting). Hopefully we get a few good read outs from 4d during the course of the year, seems to be a fair few invested in it on this thread.

Anyone watching any stocks in particular atm? Teladoc is getting closer to the buy zone for me. Started looking into roblox too today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,394 ✭✭✭Shedite27

LC134 wrote: »
    Yikes... I am close to March 5 prices again for some of my stock. Which is upsetting as I sold out of some then got back in as market recovered - the ultimate school boy error and expensive mistake.

That's only 3 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Jaysus some cheap companies out there now.

Might have to buy some AMD and Disney at these prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

Kilboor wrote: »
    Jaysus some cheap companies out there now.

Might have to buy some AMD and Disney at these prices.

Agree.... skillz and opendoor have been hammered recently... Redfin and Zillow have pulled back a lot too, plan to bring down bep on these over next few days if there’s any sign things are stabilising...

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jams100

Cpfm wrote: »
    Agree.... skillz and opendoor have been hammered recently... Redfin and Zillow have pulled back a lot too, plan to bring down bep on these over next few days if there’s any sign things are stabilising...

I really like opendoor and plan to add to holding if it touches 20.

My only worry with redfin and opendoor is airbnb, it would be a natural enough transition for them to move into this area over the next few years and if they did they would probably do serious long term damage to both these companies imo

Skillz, I like but worry about the amount they are spending on marketing yet they still had a monthly decline in active users in Q4. They also generate 80% of their revenue from just 3 games, its one I'm out of right now but keeping an eye on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭Treppen

jams100 wrote: »
    Just my opinion:
    People overreact here to bad days. There's probably <1% of people in the world who are in the green today overall. Good stocks also get brought down on bad days like today, amzn, goog, aapl, nvda, all down today, it doesn't mean much in the long run, I imagine 80-90% of us here are long term investors.
    The consensus target for the S&P by year end seems to be in the 4,200 - 4,300 range, by the analysts I've heard. That's the main number I'm looking at.

On 4d, yea its been pretty disappointing, but I said it was a good stock at the start of the week and nothing has really changed, its still a good stock, probably a better stock now given its current price! If you've done a bit of research on a stock then have conviction on it (It's something I need to get better on, actually buying my highest conviction stocks when they are correcting). Hopefully we get a few good read outs from 4d during the course of the year, seems to be a fair few invested in it on this thread.

Anyone watching any stocks in particular atm? Teladoc is getting closer to the buy zone for me. Started looking into roblox too today

I got out of Roblox, just needed the cash elsewhere and sensed a slide

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

Shedite27 wrote: »
    That's only 3 weeks.

Emotional, impatient, beginner....

I was doing reasonably well prior but that was just the market and the rising tide. I’m about 6% up but unfortunately OCGN will wipe that out sharpish if it has another 7 or 8% drop and it’s highly likely in the coming days as I don’t think any news is due til April.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Brian201888

jams100 wrote: »
    Just my opinion:

That would be true but judging the thread there's very little longterm investing happening amongst the posts, it's a different ballgame if people are actually in for the longterm

Tough day...down to 6% profit from 35% in Feb.

Stitchfix (SFIX) could be an interesting one if it drops a bit lower.
    Currently at a 3-month low.

The spotify of clothes shopping is the best description. Fill out a profile and get clothes recommendations using data science and human recommendations.
    Big institutional holding 90%+
    Has a direct buy system coming towards the end of the year which should be a big catalyst for them.
    Was falling already following a poor earnings but it was largely due to delayed deliveries due to COVID. Also had it's price inflated due to a short squeeze in December.

At 46 now, if it falls under 40 could be worth a closer look.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gamma1

buyer95 wrote: »

All green stocks, electric cars, batteries, H2 taking an awful pounding - the green revolution is dead as per market.

awhir wrote: »
    What travel stocks are you looking at?

TUI, IAG, NCLH, RR, AAL and couple of small caps MESA and TGI
    Bacchus wrote: »
    Good opportunity to buy in?

currently Green stocks are out of favour, but when the dust settles i'm positive they'll pick-up again, but the rise could be tad slower compared to last year.

I'm in NIO already, so picked up some of LI (kinda diversification for the sake of it :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Honestly, as much as everyone here disparages Reddit, this entire thread is well worth the read. Unless you're in pure indexes at the moment, you're bleeding out regardless of how well your portfolio is diversified, or how much DD you've done, or how 'safe' you should be based on market trends and demands.

https://www.reddit.com/r/stocks/comments/mceprg/its_not_just_me_right/

Advertisement