Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIII-231,484 ROI(4,610 deaths)116,197 NI (2,107 deaths)(23/03)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭AUDI20

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    A significant increase in clusters in the travelling community according to RTE news.

No stereotyping generalisations please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

aziz wrote: »
    There must be a cohort of people that have immunity to COVID,you hear stories of one or two people in a household contracting the virus but others in the house not getting it.

Even my wife caught it but myself and my two daughters didn’t and my house is tiny so isolating was impossible.
    Her two sisters and brother caught it but none of their spouses did.

So it would be interesting to find out what is happening there

I agree nursing home I know 14 hcw staff cases...zero residents all tested negative twice.. hint to someone out there...research paper needed

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Last 7 days compared to the previous 7 days.

311 more cases
    332 more positive swabs
    5935 more tests carried out
    7 fewer reported deaths
    16 fewer in hospital
    7 fewer in ICU

That's not too bad, was expecting a bigger increase in new cases, with Paddy's Day and Cheltenham in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

gozunda wrote: »
    I reckon we're going to see a big drop off along border countries in the next few weeks as many there who work in the North or who have family there will have legitimate access to NI vaccines.

The rest of us unfortunately not.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0324/1205829-coronavirus-ireland/

You need an NI GP and a healthcard which many wouldn't have.

Having family there or working there doesn't give you access to vaccines

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Stheno wrote: »

I actually think that's an encouraging comment. Sounds like they might be moving away from being fixated by case numbers to a more risk based approach i.e. even with case numbers going up we can still open up because the most at risk are now vaccinated. Maybe I'm just being optimistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

AUDI20 wrote: »
    That shouldn't surprise anyone to be honest, I have yet to see a Traveller in an indoor setting would a mask on. and as for their funerals 10 Multiplied by at least 10 if not more

Well their funerals and weddings are going strong...and the marquee at tha halting place in carrick on shannon shoulld cause more fallout soon

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I actually think that's an encouraging comment. Sounds like they might be moving away from being fixated by case numbers to a more risk based approach i.e. even with case numbers going up we can still open up because the most at risk are now vaccinated. Maybe I'm just being optimistic!

Perhaps.

Its the complete absence of any sort of plan that is starting to jar with me tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Perhaps.

Its the complete absence of any sort of plan that is starting to jar with me tbh

And jarring on most of the nation at this stage .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    A significant increase in clusters in the travelling community according to RTE news.

No stereotyping/generalising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Perhaps.

They'll surely announce some sort of a plan next week. I mean he's hardly going to do a speech where all he says is hold firm for a few weeks? Maybe though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Just another few weeks lads...

They'll surely announce some sort of a plan next week. I mean he's hardly going to do a speech where all he says is hold firm for a few weeks? Maybe though

I have no doubt he will roll out the same site as last time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Biggest hint yet that we won't be moving into level 4 restrictions until the end of April?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

coastwatch wrote: »
    That's not too bad, was expecting a bigger increase in new cases, with Paddy's Day and Cheltenham in the mix.
    Yea, from near 6000 extra tests i would have expected 500 to 600 more cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭oceanman

cant see the schools going back after the easter holidays..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Any estimate as to when they'll start vaccinating the 65 to 69 age group?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Biggest hint yet that we won't be moving into level 4 restrictions until the end of April?

Or biggest hint yet that there'll be significant lifting of restrictions in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Messi19

What's the hard-on about Cheltenham? Keeps getting mentioned for no obvious reason. It'll be the Ireland match next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

oceanman wrote: »
    cant see the schools going back after the easter holidays..

Think I read in the Schools thread that they've confirmed they'll be back after Easter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

You need an NI GP and a healthcard which many wouldn't have.

Having family there or working there doesn't give you access to vaccines
    If you pay a stamp in the north you can access the health service there. whether you ever did is another matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the situation won't be different for most people

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Just another few weeks lads...

'We are at a critical point'

According to NPHET

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Varadkar also now saying the situation is too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Slide1.jpg
    Slide2.jpg
    Slide3.jpg
    Slide4.jpg
    Slide5.jpg
    Slide6.jpg
    Slide7.jpg
    Slide8.jpg
    Slide9.jpg
    Slide10.jpg
    Slide12.jpg
    Slide16.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Not a snowballs chance in hell that over 70s and the vulnerable under 70s will be done by late April.

More like early June at best.

But even when thats done Nphet will still want level 5 to protect the failing health service.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,296 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Or biggest hint yet that there'll be significant lifting of restrictions in May.

Just another 6 weeks

Nothing has changed

There’s been no vaccination of vulnerable of course

Just another 6 weeks

Nothing has changed

There’s been no vaccination of vulnerable of course

Apart from the 107,000 in residential homes, the 170,000 over 70 and the 6,000 with pre existing conditions, as of 3 days ago, before az got back on track

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭covidrelease

Messi19 wrote: »
    What's the hard-on about Cheltenham? Keeps getting mentioned for no obvious reason. It'll be the Ireland match next week

Big gambling week. Goes on all week for 4-5 hours a day, its also Paddy's week.

A lot of parties took place, I don't think we have seen the possible effect of these yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

That’s what I read into it too but I don’t know am I doing that out of sheer desperation and seeing things that aren’t there. Whatever about that, surely the “stick with it for another few weeks” shows how completely out of touch he is. People are beyond sick of hearing that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement