Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

211 reg cars.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭sk8board

AMKC wrote: »
    That one upside down looking car. It might work if it was the other way around but like that the engine will fall out of it and it ain't going anywhere on its roof lol. Or did she move down under lol?

Seems to upload like that. It’s correct on my phone obviously.
    (I’m beginning to realise how someone can burn through their time writing 8,000 posts in 6 or 7 years)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

sk8board wrote: »
    0FZESU08befpcbOU9UL0l1Rlg#Lusk

My better half changed her 201 golf to this one last week.
    I see some discussion on VW new car discounting above and all I can say is she has gotten some fantastic discounting on the past few new golfs, anywhere from 18% on last years one (high spec run-out model 7.5), to 6.5% on this golf 8 style.
    She had no intention of changing, but was offered a great deal to take back last years one for just about what she paid for it.
    The golf 8 is a great car, seems to have everything in terms of useful tech.

Nothing smart about taking out new finance plans on new cars

Ignorant parking too across the footpath

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭PaulRyan97

Yeah I found discounts to be a bit more forthcoming too than I expected when I ordered my Golf, trade in values are holding up really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

McCrack wrote: »
    Nothing smart about taking out new finance plans on new cars

Ignorant parking too across the footpath

Not good for the planet or environment either when someone is changing so often especially when there is no real need too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

sk8board wrote: »
    0FZESU08befpcbOU9UL0l1Rlg#Lusk

My better half changed her 201 golf to this one last week.
    I see some discussion on VW new car discounting above and all I can say is she has gotten some fantastic discounting on the past few new golfs, anywhere from 18% on last years one (high spec run-out model 7.5), to 6.5% on this golf 8 style.
    She had no intention of changing, but was offered a great deal to take back last years one for just about what she paid for it.
    The golf 8 is a great car, seems to have everything in terms of useful tech.

Is she a bat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Not good for the planet or environment either when someone is changing so often especially when there is no real need too.

IMO the point of this thread is that we celebrate new cars.

As long as the 20 car goes on to live a happy life with a new owner the damage to the environment is marginal.

If people were not buying new there would be no bargains for us to post in Bangernomics in ten years time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

elperello wrote: »
    IMO the point of this thread is that we celebrate new cars.

As long as the 20 car goes on to live a happy life with a new owner the damage to the environment is marginal.

If people were not buying new there would be no bargains for us to post in Bangernomics in ten years time.

Yeah, but he's not wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It’s not like the 201 trade in got scrapped or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭CoBo55

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It’s not like the 201 trade in got scrapped or something.

You can be sure it won't be bought by the begrudgers that have ruined this thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

A Golf was likely going to be built regardless of whether Mrs Sk8tboard bought it or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Saw a nice 211 CE XXX Kia Sorrento in Ennis Sunday evening.

These are a nice looking thing except it had those hateful italicised number plates that I see on a lot of cars from Clare. He obviously wasn't happy with someone in an old Golf overtaking him on the dual carriage way out of Ennis as he undertook me and another car approaching the next roundabout to take the Galway exit!

I’ve noticed that particularly in Ennis too. It’s not the cars you’d expect to have them either, it’s Paddy and Mary in their 211 Qashqai or Focus.

I think its the guy in the town there CM signs that does them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Renault 5

Reached 1000km in the first 3 months of ownership or our 211.

Normally we are a 12000km drivers a year.

Ms

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Saw a nice 211 CE XXX Kia Sorrento in Ennis Sunday evening.

These are a nice looking thing except it had those hateful italicised number plates that I see on a lot of cars from Clare. He obviously wasn't happy with someone in an old Golf overtaking him on the dual carriage way out of Ennis as he undertook me and another car approaching the next roundabout to take the Galway exit!
    Dangerous driver by the sounds of it. Its idiots like that that can cause crashes on a road like that. I understand if someone is hogging the fast lane ok but even then it's still wrong. If the Golf was not hogging the fast lane and yet he undertook you and another car it's still wrong.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I was the Golf driver. You'd need to know the road in question, there is a 3-4k of dual carraigeway out of Ennis with 2 roundabouts in between. The second roundabout is where you take your slip road, right for Limerick or left for Galway.

I overtook the Kia and continued on towards the roundabout in the right hand lane as I was heading for Limerick. As I approached the roundabout there was a slow moving car in front so I slowed to their speed and then the Kia shot down the inside and took the slip road to the left towards Galway, I wouldn't class it as dangerous really as there was nothing in front of him but it was more look at me in my 211 you peasants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Dangerous driver by the sounds of it. Its idiots like that that can cause crashes on a road like that. I understand if someone is hogging the fast lane ok but even then it's still wrong. If the Golf was not hogging the fast lane and yet he undertook you and another car it's still wrong.

:rolleyes:

By ‘he’ I think they mean the Kia

Ms

colm_mcm wrote: »
    By ‘he’ I think they mean the Kia

Correct.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

I was the Golf driver. You'd need to know the road in question, there is a 3-4k of dual carraigeway out of Ennis with 2 roundabouts in between. The second roundabout is where you take your slip road, right for Limerick or left for Galway.

I overtook the Kia and continued on towards the roundabout in the right hand lane as I was heading for Limerick. As I approached the roundabout there was a slow moving car in front so I slowed to their speed and then the Kia shot down the inside and took the slip road to the left towards Galway, I wouldn't class it as dangerous really as there was nothing in front of him but it was more look at me in my 211 you peasants.

Maybe he was jealous as he couldn't afford a 211 vw. It was a Kia, who cares if it was brand new.

• Advertisement

Maybe he was jealous as he couldn't afford a 211 vw. It was a Kia, who cares if it was brand new.

The new Sorento starts at €52.5k. Not exactly a cheap car.

https://www.kia.com/ie/new-cars/sorento/discover/?gclid=CjwKCAjwxuuCBhATEiwAIIIz0YDK1jBDUTleiZGZQ4HrST4N_u3AjainKY9JDNaDzzdONWgCl86B3BoCONYQAvD_BwE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Who in their right mind would pay that ? Maybe he realised he had been ripped off then and was taking it out on the VW driver. Ha.

Ms

Who in their right mind would pay that ? Maybe he realised he had been ripped off then and was taking it out on the VW driver. Ha.

Plenty of people. Yes it's a lot of money I will agree but its also a lot of car for the money. They have a very classy dash too.
    Kia and Hyundai might be young companies but they have come a long way in the last 20 years.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Prices are getting crazy here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Prices are getting crazy here now.

I did read somewhere an argument that new cars are getting more and more expensive because they're better built than ever before and will go for longer if properly maintained. This means higher used-car prices for a given age of car, with the sub-€2k bangers getting older every year.

Makes sense if you consider how many 01 cars you might see on the roads today, even though they're 20 years old now. How many 1980 cars did we see on the roads back in 2000?

I’d be concerned about the computer systems on these new cars in 15 years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,195 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I think I have seen a unicorn - 211 Mitsubishi Space Star. At a private home not a dealership.

Ms

Marcusm wrote: »
    I think I have seen a unicorn - 211 Mitsubishi Space Star. At a private home not a dealership.

Must have went for that great deal they were doing on them lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Marcusm wrote: »

They must be paying people to take them. Even 8 years ago when they launched them they didn’t sell 50 in a month.

E3-E48-B01-A65-A-435-A-8-FD6-E6-F0-C9-C679-C8.jpg

None sold last year except for January and February.

2-FEB0-DB0-C818-4804-A9-D0-784-ADB4584-E4.jpg

C577-F48-C-9-AF6-47-F1-8903-51453-A8-F3-BAE.jpg

7-E704880-4-F8-D-4125-B944-6-DDA972-E0258.jpg

9-E3-AF709-07-ED-4579-AE90-60-D6-CBDB78-D5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,124 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Fire sale dealer registrations I'd say now that they have pulled out of Europe. Isn't the former Irish Mitsubishi distributor now selling MG here?

Advertisement