Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confession

• 17-03-2021 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,574 ✭✭✭✭

This thread is for anyone who would like to confess to a breach of a Covid rule and get all that guilt off your chest.

Today we drove 6km to climb a hill and then walked 3km further.
    So that was a clear breach of the 5km rule, we all knew in advance we were going to be breaking it, but we still went ahead and did it.

For my penance I'm going to watch the NPHET pressers for the next week.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

josip wrote: »
    This thread is for anyone who would like to confess to a breach of a Covid rule and get all that guilt off your chest.

Today we drove 6km to climb a hill and then walked 3km further.
    So that was a clear breach of the 5km rule, we all knew in advance we were going to be breaking it, but we still went ahead and did it.

For my penance I'm going to watch the NPHET pressers for the next week.

I forgive you

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Shame

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

I drove through 3 counties today for the craic. Forgive me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Deagol

I didn't measure it but if I did a 40km cycle in a roughly circular route would I possibly have gone more than 5km from my home? If so, I confess...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Deagol wrote: »
    I didn't measure it but if I did a 40km cycle in a roughly circular route would I possibly have gone more than 5km from my home? If so, I confess...

Pi x d = circumference

A 10k diameter gives an approx 31.42 km circumference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭aziz

I’ve done some electrical work that probably wasn’t essential

May Arnold have mercy on my soul

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

A hex upon all your houses :p
    Strangely enough I don't think I've broken it. I'm an introvert and have land and animals to look after so I'm not stuck inside. Lockdown suits me grand. No pesky people to bother me :D

My soon to be brother in law visited us last night and I was in his parents house a week ago. I like to go to Boots just for a browse.

I'm bad. Very very bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

This will be a long confession for me. I might have to write a book instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Been breaking restrictions for months, I don't feel any guilt at all, must be something wrong with me so!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Generially walk about 10/15k most days and don't feel a bit guilty about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I broke a couple of weeks ago and let my kids out to play with their friends. Their heads were wrecked from lockdown especially the older lad, we kept them in for months but enough is enough their mental health is important.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

I literally haven't broken any restrictions since all this began but me, the wife and kids are tempted to drive the 3 and a half hours to her parents house in a couple of weeks because we are sick and tired of all this sh**. Does planning to break the restrictions count?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Fracture wrote: »
    I literally haven't broken any restrictions since all this began but me, the wife and kids are tempted to drive the 3 and a half hours to her parents house in a couple of weeks because we are sick and tired of all this sh**. Does planning to break the restrictions count?
    Yep, comes under impure thoughts!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Skygord

I went shopping in Lidl, but instead of being in and out efficiently I dawdled and browsed the middle aisles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

I live in the sticks, so everywhere is more than 5km.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Rodin wrote: »
    Pi x d = circumference

Wrong.

Pi x d = American Pie

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Have driven to Bray to buy fish / prawns every weekend for the last couple of months... it's 6km from my house, I was stopped by the garda twice and said I was local, popping to the shops, they said for me to carry on and have a good day... Should I confess and hand myself in to them?

I travel 6.2km and into another county to take a nice beach walk and the chance to say a passing hello to people who are also walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I travel 6.2km and into another county to take a nice beach walk and the chance to say a passing hello to people who are also walking.

You monster!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eastie17

I walked 5.6 KM to a friends house, met them outside their house for a coffee, I sat on their wall and may have jumped off the wall momentarily into THEIR GARDEN!
    Whats NPHETS position on transmission through walls and grass?

namloc1980 wrote: »
    You monster!

I know. I’ve taken to whipping myself with a belt made of nails and when the wounds are nicely open, I jump into the icy cold Atlantic and ask for forgiveness.

Being absolved of my sins allows me to do it all again the following week ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭Sharpyshoot

eastie17 wrote: »
    I walked 5.6 KM to a friends house, met them outside their house for a coffee, I sat on their wall and may have jumped off the wall momentarily into THEIR GARDEN!

As long as you don’t connect to their WiFi the virus can’t transmit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

You've created COVID-21. Thanks.

funnydoggy wrote: »
    You've created COVID-21. Thanks.

The Chinese have that in stock ready to go next year.

Never followed any travel restrictions, this time last year bought a good few classic cars. A lot of people panicked for some reason and sold their toys. Been cashing in on them the last few months. A good way to hide assets in the Johnny cash society that we are living in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭Rosita

Deagol wrote: »

To be fair you could do a 40 circular cycle in your back garden. So you possibly went more than the 5k but not necessarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,060 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I dropped a bottle of wine in to a neighbour and forgot to scrub it with dettol and wipe it until it gleamed with a virus free glow . Forgive me please

• Registered Users Posts: 16,060 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

As long as you didnt share tea spoons I think it only a venial sin not a mortler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭cjyid

Walked out of my 5KM yesterday. Got some takeaway pints and sat in a field drinking them :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement