Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16th March '21 Champion Hurdle day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Any know anywhere to watch it online?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

I have done loads of mug doubles n trebles n followed on the 40/1 place accum plus siskin win mentioned here yesterday.

Supreme
    On all form appreciate it wins however something is stopping me even putting him in multiples. Looking back over last years bumper he ran all over the track and I'm just not convinced he gets the hill tomorrow. I ll probably take him on with metier with mainly free bets/money back offers.

Arkle
    Shiskin stands up he wins.

Ultimata.
    Shortlist of aye right OK coral and vintage clouds. Will back 2 of 3. Price dependant in the morning.

Champion hurdle.
    Think it could be the race of the festival.
    Hope honeysuckle wins. Wanted to back abracababras if better ground. Sadlier ew .
    If miraculously honeysuckle went 5/2 I'd back her.

Mares.
    Minella melody ew n without fav.
    Think concertista has a much tougher task here than last year.

Boodles.
    Backed the meade runner ew at 50s as it seems well over priced n might place . Think Saint Sam or busselton win. Might back one tomorrow price dependant.

4 miler.
    Remastered looks a real stayer that will love the ground. I had hoped to get double figures n back ew. Probably still back it if I get 8s.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,764 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Blue Lord
    Franco De Port
    Pym
    Great White Shark

E/W Accum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭Panrich

Interesting thing for the Boodles that I noticed. Curious Bride gets in because the same owners Tinahalla gets pulled out 20 minutes before closing because he 'didn't eat up'.

Now you have to forgive her previous run at Navan where she was pulled up in a longer race but she was held up that day. Her win at Punchestown the time before where she raced at the front easily gives her the beating of Coltor and Zoffanien so at 28/1 she might be worth a few quid e/w.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Motivator

NATLOR wrote: »
    Backed Goshen at 16s pre wincanton run, I'm more worried about the jockey than the horse tomorrow

I think so as well, I think Jamie Moore will be the horses biggest problem. There’s too much being made out of what happened last year and he’s feeding into the media obsession. I’ve lost count of how many interviews I’ve seen him do in the last few weeks. Look at Ruby Walsh after Annie Power, he said nothing (not surprising) and went and won the Champion Hurdle the following year. We all know Moore is no Ruby Walsh and I think he’ll lose his head tomorrow. Moore loves looking around him and if he tries that tomorrow he’s in trouble.

Biggest test the horse will have faced, he’ll need a calm influence and I don’t think Moore will give it to him. I backed him two weeks ago, I cashed it out last week I’ve gone right off him and Moore was the deciding factor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Haven’t got to do a huge amount of studying for Cheltenham this year and haven’t done many ante post bets so missed out on a lot of the bigger prices for the likes of Appreciate It et al. My selections below for what their worth. Hard to get past a lot of the favs tomorrow, as boring as that may be. Would love to see Rachael and Honeysuckle do it in the CH. Can’t wait to watch/follow it all again like every year. Let’s hope it’s a good (and profitable) one!

1:20: Appreciate It
    1:55: Shishkin (multiples)
    2:30: Happygolucky
    3:05: Honeysuckle
    3:40: Concertista
    4:15: Saint Sam
    4:50: Galvin

All the same picks as mine. All to place with the exception of Shiskin to win. 40/1.

Good luck!

• Supreme - Appreciate It
    Arkle - Shishkin
    Ultima - Aye Right
    Champion Hurdle - Honeysuckle
    Mares' - Concertista
    Boodles - Homme Public
    National Hunt - Next Destination

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Character Building

Panrich wrote: »
    Interesting thing for the Boodles that I noticed. Curious Bride gets in because the same owners Tinahalla gets pulled out 20 minutes before closing because he 'didn't eat up'.

Now you have to forgive her previous run at Navan where she was pulled up in a longer race but she was held up that day. Her win at Punchestown the time before where she raced at the front easily gives her the beating of Coltor and Zoffanien so at 28/1 she might be worth a few quid e/w.

Came on here to post something similar. I'd like to think that O'Regan will hunt her round and ride her for a bit of luck. I think she should be staying on at the end. As Timeform have noted the tongue strap and blinkers go back on which she had worn when winning on the flat. I'm a player at 33/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

Anywhere boosting the 6.5/1 treble of shiskin, appreciate it & honeysuckle? Hoping to get 9s on it somewhere in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

I just want Goshen to win today!

It must be the worst looking opening day (on paper), that I can remember.

Goshen could make it one of the most memorable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭leko99

Motivator wrote: »
    I think so as well, I think Jamie Moore will be the horses biggest problem. There’s too much being made out of what happened last year and he’s feeding into the media obsession. I’ve lost count of how many interviews I’ve seen him do in the last few weeks. Look at Ruby Walsh after Annie Power, he said nothing (not surprising) and went and won the Champion Hurdle the following year. We all know Moore is no Ruby Walsh and I think he’ll lose his head tomorrow. Moore loves looking around him and if he tries that tomorrow he’s in trouble.

Biggest test the horse will have faced, he’ll need a calm influence and I don’t think Moore will give it to him. I backed him two weeks ago, I cashed it out last week I’ve gone right off him and Moore was the deciding factor.

Anyone who thinks a jockey looking around him is a negative hasnt a clue. Its Goshens running style that forces him to do it, he keeps up such a high cruising speed from the front that Moore needs to see how far back his challengers are coming from. I dont expect it to happen tomorrow as i think Rachael & Mark will be keeping close enough tabs on him and Moore will know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

If people could stop backing Saint Sam, that'd be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Motivator

leko99 wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks a jockey looking around him is a negative hasnt a clue. Its Goshens running style that forces him to do it, he keeps up such a high cruising speed from the front that Moore needs to see how far back his challengers are coming from. I dont expect it to happen tomorrow as i think Rachael & Mark will be keeping close enough tabs on him and Moore will know that.

Oh really? It’s just funny he seems to do it an awful lot on other horses too. Or do they all have such high cruising speeds as well? Once glance is fine but when he does it 4 or 5 times when the horse is going full tilt he’s asking for trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

Earendil wrote: »
    How did you get a free €250 bet?!

They were doing a free 250 bet everyday of festival if you had bets over a €1000 in any week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Jesus lads 11/8 Honeysuckle. That's some move in 1 day

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Dam de compagnie e/w in the mares. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

markc91 wrote: »
    Anywhere boosting the 6.5/1 treble of shiskin, appreciate it & honeysuckle? Hoping to get 9s on it somewhere in the morning!

888 are doing a mares double of honeysuckle and concertista at 13/2 special

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    Dam de compagnie e/w in the mares. Any thoughts?

Personally not a fan of horses switching back to hurdles, but obviously has course form. However Black Tears gave her 3lbs last year and today its off levels yet BT is twice the price ?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Happy Honeysuckle Day everyone......some of the fav prices have really shortened up with the small fields but sticking with Shiskin, Honeysuckle & Concertista. Anyone interested in Roksana to oppose the latter would be encouraged by the racing post podcast where both mick Fitz and Ruby reckoned her form was better. For interest, some ew dabbles on
    Blue Lord
    Cepage
    Druids Altar
    Remastered

• Advertisement

• Can we have a whip around for me if Honeysuckle loses?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Roll on 1.20!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Limestone1 wrote: »
    Happy Honeysuckle Day everyone......some of the fav prices have really shortened up with the small fields but sticking with Shiskin, Honeysuckle & Concertista. Anyone interested in Roksana to oppose the latter would be encouraged by the racing post podcast where both mick Fitz and Ruby reckoned her form was better. For interest, some ew dabbles on
    Blue Lord
    Cepage
    Druids Altar
    Remastered

Roksana form is better... Over 3 miles.

I'm not mad on Concertista at the price she is either though. Have her in a multiple or two but will leave the race alone other than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

sdoc13 wrote: »
    I have done loads of mug doubles n trebles n followed on the 40/1 place accum plus siskin win mentioned here yesterday.

Supreme
    On all form appreciate it wins however something is stopping me even putting him in multiples. Looking back over last years bumper he ran all over the track and I'm just not convinced he gets the hill tomorrow. I ll probably take him on with metier with mainly free bets/money back offers.

Arkle
    Shiskin stands up he wins.

Ultimata.
    Shortlist of aye right OK coral and vintage clouds. Will back 2 of 3. Price dependant in the morning.

Champion hurdle.
    Think it could be the race of the festival.
    Hope honeysuckle wins. Wanted to back abracababras if better ground. Sadlier ew .
    If miraculously honeysuckle went 5/2 I'd back her.

Mares.
    Minella melody ew n without fav.
    Think concertista has a much tougher task here than last year.

Boodles.
    Backed the meade runner ew at 50s as it seems well over priced n might place . Think Saint Sam or busselton win. Might back one tomorrow price dependant.

4 miler.
    Remastered looks a real stayer that will love the ground. I had hoped to get double figures n back ew. Probably still back it if I get 8s.

I have backed metier and Ballyadam ew with as many offers as I can. Metier my stronger position.

Backed Vintage cloulds 7 places 22s and 5 places 25s.

Backed Saint Sam ew 6 places in addition to the Meade Runner.

Didnt get the price on remastered unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

seems like paddy power will be bankrupt if appreciate it, shiskin, honeysuckle, concertista all win. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

gazza1 wrote: »
    Jesus lads 11/8 Honeysuckle. That's some move in 1 day

Very short. 2019 still fresh in my mind - 2 horse race between apples jade and laurina and I remember only too well how that went!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Who else apart from Cheveley Park moved their horses from ge?
    I'm opposing the horses that were moved as I think it may have had an some effect on them . Having said that I have a nice bit on Ballyadam in the supreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

gazza1 wrote: »
    Personally not a fan of horses switching back to hurdles, but obviously has course form. However Black Tears gave her 3lbs last year and today its off levels yet BT is twice the price ?

Was over 1/2 mile further though?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Who else apart from Cheveley Park moved their horses from ge?
    I'm opposing the horses that were moved as I think it may have had an some effect on them . Having said that I have a nice bit on Ballyadam in the supreme.

Galvin the only other one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Shiskin enhanced to evens on Boyles

Advertisement