Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16th March '21 Champion Hurdle day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

ITV can **** off with their covid crap we've enough of that elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Pathetic from itv

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭FiftyP

ITV can **** off with their covid crap we've enough of that elsewhere

And getting that absolute chancer Piers Morgan in to be a talking head. He'll say whatever is necessary to further his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,425 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Walloped them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Amazing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Anniepowaaa

Not impressed with shiskins jumping at all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Super sish

• Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Between Shiskin, Altior and Sprinter Sacre, Henderson really loves superstar horses ripping up the Cotswolds.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭FiftyP

Something I've noticed is there's far less general buzz about this Cheltenham, at least online. It seems half (more than half) the people like getting in the pub and shouting and cheering, (and having day-drinks.) It seems weird but it's like a lot of those people in the pub were actually busy posting online half the time they were in there, because there's very little excitement outside of horsey people. And it really does feel like horsey people (or horsey people-lite, like me) are out on their own, actually getting excited about the racing rather than the extraneous (I am still getting my drink on, and that last race was a thriller.)

I was talking to my mother this morning, and she said she loves the time around Cheltenham because she can go for a sandwich in one of the bars at lunch and there's fierce excitement, and fellas knocking back pints (she said one bar she went to even had a bookie set up in the corner of the hall-like room they were in, but not in the past few years (I think she saw a Buster Board, but nonetheless.)) I'd guess there's plenty of lads who took a long-lunch, or half-day, and soaked up the atmosphere, but without it this year they're not bothered. Also, they loved over-hearing conversation and relaying their nuggets of wisdom as their own. There's none of that this year, so, much like on the course, it's pure horsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Definitely the quietest I’ve seen this forum in years

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Anniepowaaa

Gutless from happygolucky

• Registered Users Posts: 16,425 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Get in Vintage Clouds, just had the first three in a treble, easiest money I've ever made :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Honeysuckle 11/10 now for The Champion Hurdle. Extremely short price and has tempted me into Laying her @ 2.12 on BF. She has a great chance and the 7lb allowance is nice but just think there are too many dangers to be so short. First Cheltenham bet for me this year and love Laying the shorties there!!

Get in Vintage Clouds, just had the first three in a treble, easiest money I've ever made :pac:

Here come the after timers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

they said someone tipped that 28/1 on ITV earlier lol.

I had milan native there poor run.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭jakiah

I'd say it has more to do with the Whatapp group set up for forum regulars recently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Honeysuckle 11/10 now for The Champion Hurdle. Extremely short price and has tempted me into Laying her @ 2.12 on BF. She has a great chance and the 7lb allowance is nice but just think there are too many dangers to be so short. First Cheltenham bet for me this year and love Laying the shorties there!!

ive Honey as last leg of Treble with the first two winners tempted to cash it out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

sdoc13 wrote: »
    I have backed metier and Ballyadam ew with as many offers as I can. Metier my stronger position.

Backed Vintage cloulds 7 places 22s and 5 places 25s.

Backed Saint Sam ew 6 places in addition to the Meade Runner.

Didnt get the price on remastered unfortunately.

That'll do pig. Nice. Recovered after taking a way too strong position in the first race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Vintageclouds was a delight to watch

Epatante to win the Champion Hurdle for me

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

showpony1 wrote: »
    ive Honey as last leg of Treble with the first two winners tempted to cash it out now.

Me too. Maybe back epatante each way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭munster87

Who is goat laying in the champion hurdle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Was the fake roar prerecorded roars of previous years or did they get all the ITV crew to rehearse the roar yesterday and record it??? either way I didnt appreciate the fake roar its like canned laughter from a poor american sitcom....

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

pottokblue wrote: »
    Was the fake roar prerecorded roars of previous years or did they get all the ITV crew to rehearse the roar yesterday and record it??? either way I didnt appreciate the fake roar its like canned laughter from a poor american sitcom....

It was the crowd roar from FIFA 98.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭deeks

Interesting that the first three in the ultima were up with the pace all the way. I’m throwing a few quid on Aspire tower at 33/1 in the hope that he will be up with it and plug on for a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Go Go Goshen! Don't feck it up this time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

5 e/w on Saldier!! PP giving 4 places is odd, no?

Jesus Goshen making it seriously hard for Jamie there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Moore is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

What a mare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Moore is a joke

Not much he could do.

Advertisement