Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

https://stripe.com/newsroom/news/stripe-series-h

Chance of Stripe going with PSTH are slim to none you’d have to think after that most recent funding round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Chance of Stripe going with PSTH are slim to none you’d have to think after that most recent funding round.

I'd say it was slim before and none now. But who knows...

I guess we got in on it kinda given Ireland’s National Treasury Management Agency (NTMA) is one of the funders.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Was never a chance imo. They'd want founders votes and lots of other non-SPAC things with Stripe. Delighted to see the job announcement in Dublin too.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

cronos wrote: »
    I'd say it was slim before and none now. But who knows...

I guess we got in on it kinda given Ireland’s National Treasury Management Agency (NTMA) is one of the funders.

Stripe might be a better investment than some of the banks anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Looking more like Bloomberg or Fidelity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,084 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

For anyone (like myself) still holding Stellantis shares (Formerly Fiat/Chrysler), there appears to have been an unconditional distribution of shares plus cash in Faurecia, an auto parts company

https://www.faurecia.com/en/newsroom/faurecia-opens-new-chapter-its-history-decision-extraordinary-general-meeting-shareholders-stellantis-distribute-their-shares-faurecia

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭bob mcbob

I have just picked up some shares in AMTE - they IPO'd last week.

They are developing a range of electric batteries for a number of different markets (automotive, aerospace, etc)

The Ultra High-Power product has been developed with the automotive industry. The key property of this cell is its ability to deliver power at a very high rate (>35C), consistently and without fault. The Ultra High-Power cell range is designed for high-performance hybrid vehicles and is now being included in a number of key automotive and motorsport programmes. The product release date is due Q4-2021, with prototypes available now.

https://amtepower.com/our-products/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

USA had daylight savings over the weekend, market opens at 1:30 Irish time today

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

AMC looking like it's going to have a fine day with the stimulus cheques and whatever else - up 12% in 10 mins. Some good news re: shareholder governance as well

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/03/15/why-gme-and-amc-benefit-from-19-trillion-stimulus/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-15/amc-s-chinese-owner-gives-up-control-over-largest-cinema-chain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Kilboor wrote: »
    Going into the new year I am watching:

SSTI
    BZUN

I am currently holding:

GME - Up 110%
    LSE:PVR - down 10%
    ANVS - Up 15% (115% overall)
    RMG - Up 70%

I will be adding to ANVS in the new year.

Most likely dollar cost average into SSTI and BZUN.

Subscribed to MyWallSt for more long term investing decisions

Haven't done an update in a bit.

Last month I liquidated my Baozun position completely. Cashed out half to bank and reinvested rest in $ANVS.

Currently only hold $ANVS (up bigly) and LSE:PVR (break even and losing momentum)

Risky stuff but the reward part of my brain is happy with it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

BABA looking very appealing at these levels. I'm considering adding another few shares to it, even though it is one of my biggest positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Nokia seems to be doing a lot of work to set itself up going forward.
    Partnerships with Google Cloud, AWS, Microsoft and Orange in particular.

On a different note, MILE's recovery has been impressive. From around 9.4 on last Monday to over 14 today so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

AEZS doing very well. (company announced a license agreement and research contract with Julius-Maximilians-University Wuerzburg for development of an oral COVID-19 vaccine.)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Theman343

AABB Asia Broadband Inc..A gem

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

Last month I liquidated my Baozun position completely. Cashed out half to bank and reinvested rest in $ANVS.

Currently only hold $ANVS (up bigly) and LSE:PVR (break even and losing momentum)

What's your long term tactic for ANVS, have you a target get out price?

Thanks for the info way back, I'm in at just over $10.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭jams100

Started a position in $MODE (London Main Index)

They are a FinTech company (They are developing a digital banking application that allows users to manage tradition and digital assets all in one place).

https://modeapp.com/

- Market Cap = £50 million
    - In operation since 2017
    - Basically no revenues as yet

Right now its just a digital wallet that allows you to buy bitcoin, although it does give users the option of generating interest on their bitcoin and when you buy bitcoin on Mode you actually own it rather than with the likes of Revolut

Soon, they are launching Mode for business which essentially will give consumers another way of paying for goods rather than using the likes of Visa/Mastercard they will be able to pay using mode, leveraging the power of open banking (Just scan a QR code).
    It should cut down payment costs for merchants, who can then pass on these saving to customers. They are going to live and die by the amount of merchants they get to sign up, I think we are going to find out in Q2 how many merchants have linked with Mode, if little to none have then its going nowhere, if they have gotten a number of companies and one or two big ones then I could see this taking off.

- They already raised 6 million via an oversubscribed placing in February.
    - They have allocated 10% of cash reserves to purchase bitcoin.
    - 5k + downloads on Google Play store
    - Rita Liu = CCO (Ex Alipay executive)

This only represents 1% of my portfolio so take what I'm saying here with a pinch of salt. There is the almost certainly of dilution after dilution here but if it takes off it then it could hit the bigtime

Edit: It's not on AIM its on Main index

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I sold all of my ANVS today, had liquidated 50% earlier...brilliant pick...do you see it going further up....

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

robman60 wrote: »
    BABA looking very appealing at these levels. I'm considering adding another few shares to it, even though it is one of my biggest positions.
    Do you think recent scrutiny from gov and demand to sell media interest will have any impact?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

treatyman wrote: »
    What's your long term tactic for ANVS, have you a target get out price?

Thanks for the info way back, I'm in at just over $10.

They have big trial result announcements coming within the next 4 weeks and full readout due the summer.

I'm going all in playing these results. They've already shown massive reductions in biomarkers in humans and animals, and this is a larger study looking at the same endpoints and I see no reason why they wouldn't hit them.

There's something different about this biotech versus the rest, it's NYSE listed (more stringent than NASDAQ), it's run by a CEO who is passionate about the subject and who is the founder.

She herself has stated that "when the data comes out and the stock goes up tenfold".

They're pretty positive this will be good stuff.

Price target? I don't know, I look at SAVA and it reaching 4-5bn market cap off 10% cognitive improvement (all while failing to reach the endpoints they wanted) and the optimism inside me takes over. I'll see where ANVS takes me based on the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Opening position in Lenovo. It's Zack Rank 1 with Value Score A, Growth Score A. Degiro doesn't have LNVGY ticker so will go for LHL.F at Frankfurt

• Advertisement

bish76 wrote: »
    Opening position in Lenovo. It's Zack Rank 1 with Value Score A, Growth Score A. Degiro doesn't have LNVGY ticker so will go for LHL.F at Frankfurt

What price you buy at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Trying to decide if it's safe to buy Growth Stocks again?

Shopify is looking very nice right now.

Have already flipped this stock a few times.

Now that's it's earning where good I'd probably hold long term.

Is there anything else happening with the Bond yields? Are people still avoiding growth stocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Anyone still holding PSTH?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Liamo_mu wrote: »

Is there anything else happening with the Bond yields? Are people still avoiding growth stocks?

What happened was a combination of growth stocks had grown too much early part of this year, so there was a necessary correction in price, the rotation back into value stocks due to anticipated opening back up of the US covid hit economic areas, and then the increasing bond yields effects growth stocks more because those companies rely on the cheap longer term bonds moreso than traditional companies because they will have greater financing needs for longer due to low revenue/cash etc etc. So do I think we'll see a v recovery in growth stocks and for them to hit their early Feb peaks, no not for a while yet, are we over the worst of the volatility in them growth stocks, yes I would say so, however will we be back to stonks only go up, unlikely for now, volatility usually doesn't disappear immediately so expect afew more share red days, but the important thing will be we get higher lows, and then build back up towards Jan level's again across 3 or 6months hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,084 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I am, nearly forgot about it. Turns out 'm still slightly up on my BEP as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Yep and CCIV and will hold both. No real strategy am up with CCIV and up a bit on PSTH and interested to see where they go with the modest amount I have put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Sure am, have great respect for Ackman, Pershing Square Holdings has been very profitable for me over the past few years

Liamo_mu wrote: »

What happened this year is what always happens to Growth stocks. Teledoc, Shopify, Redfin, they're all up YTD, it's just more of a rollercoaster route. It's as safe as it'll ever be

YEs

• Advertisement

Had hoped it would dip more on the Stripe news. If it get's in the 24/25 zone again I'll buy. Otherwise I'm going to stay out of it for now. Although I'll probably end up wrong on that haha

Advertisement