Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New beep scheme

• 10-03-2021 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Hi lads any word on new scheme

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Magic A

lab man wrote: »
    Hi lads any word on new scheme

Heard from my ag advisor that it would be opened for signing up this Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Magic A wrote: »
    Heard from my ag advisor that it would be opened for signing up this Friday

Thanks last year was my first year and didnt realise about the 300 day limit I done mine and most were 305 to 325 days old when I done it .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭893bet

Thanks last year was my first year and didnt realise about the 300 day limit I done mine and most were 305 to 325 days old when I done it .

Did you not get paid for the ones over 300 days old?

893bet wrote: »

Did you not get paid for the ones over 300 days old?

No lost 1300 over it I calve in autumn so have to be on the ball as we are very busy in summer

No lost 1300 over it I calve in autumn so have to be on the ball as we are very busy in summer

Are you sure?

I don’t think that was part of the terms and conditions and I just looked again.

The conditions were born between x date and y date and the calf should be unweaned. I recall in the report they issued they may exclude calves from the report over and under a certain age so not to skew results but I thought you were paid for all.

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

Are you sure?

I don’t think that was part of the terms and conditions and I just looked again.

The conditions were born between x date and y date and the calf should be unweaned. I recall in the report they issued they may exclude calves from the report over and under a certain age so not to skew results but I thought you were paid for all.

Think the same.

tellmeabit wrote: »
        Think the same.

Well,
        when I phoned the icbf this is the reason I was told ? I dunno thats what they said anyway

I think that is for their reports. They have a certain age range that the animal has to be weighed by. For mine they didn't make the report but I got paid under the scheme.
        Not sure how or where exactly you can clarify.unless advisor.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

The majority of mine were weighed under 100 days and had no impact on payment, just excluded from report.

It's just something to keep in mind though as in the earlier the better to do them

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Are you sure?

I lost out on one calf the first year. It was in the T&C back then

I lost out on one calf the first year. It was in the T&C back then

What was in the t&c ?

I don’t think payment was held for any over a certain age or under a certain age. They were just excluded from the report. You should have been paid for them if they meet the below t and cs

See below beep t and c for calves

A05-F1994-B815-4936-9-BE1-C18-E668473-EB.png

And beep-s t and c
        F6-BEA26-D-69-B9-4444-945-E-98-E5498-B5136.pngprincess aurora wallpaper

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

I see its live now for 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Dozer1

form submitted easiest money of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭tanko

Sure something would want to be handy. Signed up there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭jfh

Same here, I was doing those tasks anyway so no brainer, what's the dairy beef proposal? I rear a few calves on milk replacer, is there any point in applying?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Grueller

jfh wrote: »
        Same here, I was doing those tasks anyway so no brainer, what's the dairy beef proposal? I rear a few calves on milk replacer, is there any point in applying?!

€20 a head for weighing when they are over 12 weeks. Paid on a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 20 calves. I 2ould say its a pilot that will roll out on a larger scale next year and with a higher payment as they try to weanlads off of sucklers and onto dairy/beef crosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭jfh

Grueller wrote: »
        €20 a head for weighing when they are over 12 weeks. Paid on a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 20 calves. I 2ould say its a pilot that will roll out on a larger scale next year and with a higher payment as they try to weanlads off of sucklers and onto dairy/beef crosses.

Thanks Grueller, I'm one of those, debating it for a while now

Grueller wrote: »
        Do they have to be over 12 weeks old? Or just its preffered?
        Think.so for paid on younger ones last year.they may have been only a month old
        Couldn't find it on terms there earlier . Have to check on pc tomorrow

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

We are heading back to the early 1980's when they yours to pay £5 on a calf, it's was the start of the 10 & 22 month subs if I remember correctly...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Grueller

tellmeabit wrote: »
        Do they have to be over 12 weeks old? Or just its preffered?
        Think.so for paid on younger ones last year.they may have been only a month old
        Couldn't find it on terms there earlier . Have to check on pc tomorrow

That is for the dairy calf scheme tellmeabit. Age is irrelevant for the beep s scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

I haven't been in this scheme before, but will probably apply this year. What are the basic requirements? Is it to weigh the cows and calves once a year?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭tanko

hopeso wrote: »
        I haven't been in this scheme before, but will probably apply this year. What are the basic requirements? Is it to weigh the cows and calves once a year?

Yeah, each cow and calf unit has to be weighed on the same day before the calf is weaned, €50/unit for the first ten and €40 per unit after that.

Then you have the option of either vaccinating your calves against Respiratory diseases or feeding them meal before and after weaning. You can't do both options. You get €30 per calf for this.

You can also take dung samples from your cows to check for liver/rumen fluke.
        You get €10/cow for this. Ten samples costs about €25 to get tested. This is optional too.

They'll catch all the fellas registering calves before they are born now I'd say

If you weren't weighing the calves for the suckler version of the scheme it wouldn't be worth doing it if you have to rent a scales for the dairy calf one, you would have about €350. I wonder can you do the dairy calf one at anytime after they are 3 months once it's done by November 1.

Anto_Meath wrote: »
        If you weren't weighing the calves for the suckler version of the scheme it wouldn't be worth doing it if you have to rent a scales for the dairy calf one, you would have about €350. I wonder can you do the dairy calf one at anytime after they are 3 months once it's done by November 1.

How u mean its 50e to rent a scales

Yes its €50 a day around here, I know a few farmers could join up and use it the 1 day if it suited them.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 salmonorcod

They'll catch all the fellas registering calves before they are born now I'd say

What's the advantage in registering calves before they are born?

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Aravo

Signed up again. Worked out well enough last year.

Advertisement