Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Boards AC Playlist

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ Enduro

Great thread!
    I have been told on numerous times that my mix of music taste leaves a lot to be desired so here goes! My Run Forrest Run playlist(one of many playlists) is

Together in Electric dreams - The Human League

The music nerd in me means I have to point out that it's not the Human League. It's Phil Oakey (HL lead singer) and Georgio Moroder. Gerogio gets a few entries on my list (I Feel Love, with Donna Summer, being the first that springs to mind)

Nice list... we have a few overlaps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ Enduro

Ah stop... I had to you tube it I never knew the same of the song...haven't heard it in years!! Totally forgot about it. I used to have a paisley shirt like yer man's in the video :D

ETA Better than Dignity though... No way :D

Fergus sings the Blues is a pretty good running song too. (But yeah, there is just something about Dignity)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭ lulublue22

Enduro wrote: »
    Fergus sings the Blues is a pretty good running song too. (But yeah, there is just something about Dignity)

Had total forgotten about Fergus sings the Blues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭ Laineyfrecks

Enduro wrote: »
    The music nerd in me means I have to point out that it's not the Human League. It's Phil Oakey (HL lead singer) and Georgio Moroder. Gerogio gets a few entries on my list (I Feel Love, with Donna Summer, being the first that springs to mind)

Nice list... we have a few overlaps!

Cheers I didn't know that! That's just one of my many many lists! My fav one at the moment:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭ healy1835

This is all going swimmingly :) I'll leave it go a couple more days and let a few more people discover it (and let Shotgun post a dozen more playlists) before throwing a playlist together.

This tune came to my rescue during the last mile of my progression run today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭ skyblue46

Hahaha you & me both! I just feel sorry for anyone who hears me sing...I wouldn't exactly have a singing voice:eek::P

Ah you have...,very Shane McGowan with a Tallaght twang :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭ OOnegative

https://youtu.be/RLgUgCqtU2g

Amazing song by an even more amazing band!!!

Due to my inability to find suitable headphones I have pretty much returned to being a non music runner. Not one for multiple playlists or music for different paces either so I have near 100 tracks on my running playlist. Lots are repeats of what others have listed here. So I'll just list a few favourites....

Obviously enough Once in a Lifetime by Talking Heads makes the list along with Road to Nowhere.

Out of the Blue - The The

This Morning - Picture This

Fück You - Lily Allen

Filthy/Gorgeous and Take your Mama - Scissors Sisters

A Design for Life and If you tolerate This - Manic Street Preachers

Royals - Lorde

Santa Fe - The Waterboys

Feel it Still - Portugal. The Man

Dance Monkey - Tones and I

Thunder and Believer - Imagine Dragons

This is what You Came For/ Promises/ Sweet Nothing - Calvin Harris

Come Along - Titiyo

Anything at all by Blondie :D

Anything by Daft Punk

Truly Madly Deeply - Savage Garden

Perfect 10 - Beautiful South

Only Love Can Hurt Like This/ Can't Rely on You - Paloma Faith

Extreme Ways - Moby

Last but not least would be Heartbeats by The Knife. This is the original that was totally destroyed by some Spanish lad with a guitar and then ended up on an ad for Sony TV.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭ OOnegative

https://youtu.be/MMhWll_mfGk

Liam Reilly says it all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭ ThebitterLemon

This is my playlist:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1eQU4bkwIZget1dvvpeHnI?si=DvqioltWTo-QPUtJhW-fyA

Haven’t seen enough AC/DC!

How a running playlist wouldn’t have Dirty Deeds done Dirt Cheap is beyond me!!!

Also agree with Enduro D Summers I feel love (extended version) is class

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Hannibal_Smith

I have Thunderstruck :D

I have Thunderstruck :D

I’m sure there’s a cure :)

TbL

Honourable shout out for Edie Brickell mmmmm

Great chill out song for a cool down

https://open.spotify.com/track/6hHUiDe461VUoTHnsplRYs?si=_9jFOW8vRLW0Xq8z8vzbWQ

TbL

I’m sure there’s a cure :)

TbL

Think its the cauliflower rice :D

Honourable shout out for Edie Brickell mmmmm

Great chill out song for a cool down

https://open.spotify.com/track/6hHUiDe461VUoTHnsplRYs?si=_9jFOW8vRLW0Xq8z8vzbWQ

TbL

Lots of stuff I loved...but would never publicly admit to :cool:

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Due to my inability to find suitable headphones I have pretty much returned to being a non music runner. Not one for multiple playlists or music for different paces either so I have near 100 tracks on my running playlist. Lots are repeats of what others have listed here. So I'll just list a few favourites....

Obviously enough Once in a Lifetime by Talking Heads makes the list along with Road to Nowhere.

Fück You - Lily Allen

Royals - Lorde

Santa Fe - The Waterboys

Come Along - Titiyo

Anything by Daft Punk

Extreme Ways - Moby

Last but not least would be Heartbeats by The Knife. This is the original that was totally destroyed by some Spanish lad with a guitar and then ended up on an ad for Sony TV.. :rolleyes:

My husband loves Moby and Daft Punk... Do you like Orbital?

I had to endure so much crankiness everytime that sony ad came on!

My husband loves Moby and Daft Punk... Do you like Orbital?

I had to endure so much crankiness everytime that sony ad came on!

Can't even pretend I know them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭ Annie get your Run

This is my playlist:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1eQU4bkwIZget1dvvpeHnI?si=DvqioltWTo-QPUtJhW-fyA

How a running playlist wouldn’t have Dirty Deeds done Dirt Cheap is beyond me!!!

TbL

Some excellent music on that list - is it yours or a Spotify list you follow? I'm gonna have Kids in America going around in my head now when I'm trying to sleep!

Fück You - Lily Allen

Royals - Lorde

Santa Fe - The Waterboys

Come Along - Titiyo

Anything by Daft Punk

Extreme Ways - Moby

Lily Allen! I went through a phase of listening to her over and over, had forgotten, must add some of my old favourites back onto the list.

Some excellent music on that list - is it yours or a Spotify list you follow? I'm gonna have Kids in America going around in my head now when I'm trying to sleep!

It’s mine that I periodically added to. (Originally I had it on my daughters account hence the emfgal )

As you can see I showing my age with all the 80’s stuff :)

When I was young and spotty I used to be Wilde for Kim :)

TbL

• Advertisement

It’s mine that I periodically added to. (Originally I had it on my daughters account hence the emfgal )

As you can see I showing my age with all the 80’s stuff :)

When I was young and spotty I used to be Wilde for Kim :)

TbL

We are the same age (ish) but I rarely listen to 80s stuff although I am thoroughly enjoying the blasts from the past on others lists!

Can't even pretend I know them :pac:

Haahaa your musical tastes are very similar to his...if you give Chimes a listen you'll probably recognise them/it.

This is my playlist:

TbL

Some really good tunes in there! The Power of Love...what a song for the slow sets in a nightclub :D

Some really good tunes in there! The Power of Love...what a song for the slow sets in a nightclub :D

Indeed but this is the one all the spotty young lads would be waiting for...:)

https://open.spotify.com/track/3p441l1s27Pfo8at57EwEf?si=uJfruTuqR_Ov9SyIfBNc_Q

TbL

Indeed but this is the one all the spotty young lads would be waiting for...:)

https://open.spotify.com/track/3p441l1s27Pfo8at57EwEf?si=uJfruTuqR_Ov9SyIfBNc_Q

TbL
    Haha... here will you dance with my mate :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭ UM1

Playlist from last years fiddyK

Here’s a playlist for you… Dondea 50k 2020 by The Race MC
    https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6YGya2CfIsXi3cGFgDhsk5?si=d5lfNpQvR_WCwcufwfLDpQ&utm_source=sms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭ py

I am a big fan of podcasts. I mix it up with regards to genre or I get burnt out listening to the same thing over and over. Some of them have dropped off due to the pandemic. Here's my go to right now:

Sport
    Athletes Unfiltered - Strava Podcast - Pocast interviewing strava athletes of all levels
    The Coaching Bubble - Run by Irish Camogie association. Interviews with coaches from a variety of sports and levels. Well worth the listen if you are involved in coaching in any sport at any level.
    F1: Beyond The Grid - Weekly interviews during F1 season with people involved in F1. Some great interviews in here if you've an interest in motorsport.
    The Fit File - DC Rainmaker and GPlama discuss sports tech. Has died off a little due to covid, hopefully gets back up and running soon.
    Free Weekly Timed - Weekly parkrun podcast.
    From The Top - Interviews with founders within the cycling community.
    The Long Shot - New podcast dicussing people who were the "long shot" but made it. Very basketball/US centric.
    The Lowe Post - NBA podcast.
    Marathon Talk - Love MT. Sad to see Tony and Tom depart before the new year but Holly and Martin are rocking it so far.
    The Old Man and the Three - NBA podcast with some episodes on leadership thrown in.
    Stephen Scullion's Road to Tokyo 2020 - Scully keeps it real. Always listen to his episodes first if I've unread to work through.
    Trail Runner Nation - Good trail running podcast. Content a little repetitive atm due to covid. Usually great when races are on.
    TRAINED by Nike - Interviews with Nike athletes/coaches. Some good stuff in here.

Tech Related
    AWS Podcast - All things AWS.
    Breadcrumbs by Trace Labs - New podcast which discusses osint.
    The Cloud Pod - Public cloud related podcast. Use this to keep up to date for work.
    Command Line Heroes - Good podcast on learning the history of tech, whether it be well known history or otherwise.
    Darknet Diaries - One of my favourites. The host is a great story teller and it works for non tech people too.
    The Social Engineer Podcast - Name says it all.

Investigative
    Where is George Gibney? - Good podcast series. Some parts are tough listening to.
    The Missing Cryptoqueen - Good series but I'd check out the other ones in the list before getting to this.
    The Nobody Zone
    Serial - Only worked through S1 (reviewing a convicted killer's case) at the moment but very good thus far.
    The Teacher's Pet - Prominent Aussie rugby league star marries a former pupil, she goes missing. This podcast reviews the case decades later.
    The Edge: Houston Astros - Not a baseball fan but this was interesting insight in to how Houston "won" their championship a few years ago.

Misc - Unsure how to categorize some of these (and it's late so I want to zzz)
    180 Degrees - Podcast from SEAI. Very informative renewable energies podcast.
    Bonkers.ie - Some good episodes from the price comparison website.
    Dadcast - Misadventures in Parenting - Funny for parents. From the Off the Ball folks.
    Decoder Ring - from description... is a show about cracking cultural mysteries.
    Every Little Thing - Pure random topics. Short episodes make it easy to digest.
    How to Save a Planet - Climate change podcast. I find it very informative
    Real Health with Karl Henry - I'm 50/50 on this but keep subscribed. Even the positivity during it can be good right now.
    Science VS - Start with "Hunting an Invisible Killer", it'll give you an idea of what the series is like.

Music is good too...

Edit: a lot of links, hopefully all are correct and working. I'll check again in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭ Comic Book Guy

Cool idea for a thread J or should I say healy1835 in light of comments in another thread!
    Haven't listened to music on my runs for few years given the one car width of the roads I use for the majority of my runs so no fancy Spotify playlists to add so will go with listing some of the stuff I used to have on my ipod!

Smells like teen spirit- Nirvana
    Even flow- Pearl Jam
    No one knows- Queens of the Stoneage
    Blood Sugar Sex Magik- RHCP
    The bends- Radiohead
    Paradise City- GnR
    Crawlin- Linkin Park
    Elevation- U2
    Gimme Shelter- The Rolling Stones
    All Along the watchtower- Jimi Hendrix
    Fight Music- D12
    Lose Yourself- Eminem
    Forgot about Dre- Dr Dre & Eminem
    Smack my b***h up- Prodigy
    Shipping out to Boston- Dropkick Murphy
    Buck Rogers- Feeder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭ Murph_D

I don’t listen to music while running anymore, but if I did I’d possibly put these together:

Warmup
    Bruce Springsteen - Youngstown
    Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
    Aslan - This Is
    Kate Bush - The Sensual World

Tempo
    Arctic Monkeys - 505
    Blondie - Heart of Glass
    The Clash - London Calling
    Bachman Turner Overdrive - You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet
    Pat Benatar - Love Is a Battlefield
    ELO - Livin’ Thing
    Chaka Khan - Ain’t Nobody

Cooldown
    The Beatles - I’ve Got A Feeling
    Taylor Swift - Last Great American Dynasty
    Pretenders - Private Life

Hmm. Kinda want to dig out the earphones now.

Advertisement