Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards AC Playlist

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Enduro

Great thread!
    I have been told on numerous times that my mix of music taste leaves a lot to be desired so here goes! My Run Forrest Run playlist(one of many playlists) is

Together in Electric dreams - The Human League

The music nerd in me means I have to point out that it's not the Human League. It's Phil Oakey (HL lead singer) and Georgio Moroder. Gerogio gets a few entries on my list (I Feel Love, with Donna Summer, being the first that springs to mind)

Nice list... we have a few overlaps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Enduro

Ah stop... I had to you tube it I never knew the same of the song...haven't heard it in years!! Totally forgot about it. I used to have a paisley shirt like yer man's in the video :D

ETA Better than Dignity though... No way :D

Fergus sings the Blues is a pretty good running song too. (But yeah, there is just something about Dignity)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭lulublue22

Enduro wrote: »
    Fergus sings the Blues is a pretty good running song too. (But yeah, there is just something about Dignity)

Had total forgotten about Fergus sings the Blues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Enduro wrote: »
    The music nerd in me means I have to point out that it's not the Human League. It's Phil Oakey (HL lead singer) and Georgio Moroder. Gerogio gets a few entries on my list (I Feel Love, with Donna Summer, being the first that springs to mind)

Nice list... we have a few overlaps!

Cheers I didn't know that! That's just one of my many many lists! My fav one at the moment:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

This is all going swimmingly :) I'll leave it go a couple more days and let a few more people discover it (and let Shotgun post a dozen more playlists) before throwing a playlist together.

This tune came to my rescue during the last mile of my progression run today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Hahaha you & me both! I just feel sorry for anyone who hears me sing...I wouldn't exactly have a singing voice:eek::P

Ah you have...,very Shane McGowan with a Tallaght twang :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

https://youtu.be/RLgUgCqtU2g

Amazing song by an even more amazing band!!!

Due to my inability to find suitable headphones I have pretty much returned to being a non music runner. Not one for multiple playlists or music for different paces either so I have near 100 tracks on my running playlist. Lots are repeats of what others have listed here. So I'll just list a few favourites....

Obviously enough Once in a Lifetime by Talking Heads makes the list along with Road to Nowhere.

Out of the Blue - The The

This Morning - Picture This

Fück You - Lily Allen

Filthy/Gorgeous and Take your Mama - Scissors Sisters

A Design for Life and If you tolerate This - Manic Street Preachers

Royals - Lorde

Santa Fe - The Waterboys

Feel it Still - Portugal. The Man

Dance Monkey - Tones and I

Thunder and Believer - Imagine Dragons

This is what You Came For/ Promises/ Sweet Nothing - Calvin Harris

Come Along - Titiyo

Anything at all by Blondie :D

Anything by Daft Punk

Truly Madly Deeply - Savage Garden

Perfect 10 - Beautiful South

Only Love Can Hurt Like This/ Can't Rely on You - Paloma Faith

Extreme Ways - Moby

Last but not least would be Heartbeats by The Knife. This is the original that was totally destroyed by some Spanish lad with a guitar and then ended up on an ad for Sony TV.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

https://youtu.be/MMhWll_mfGk

Liam Reilly says it all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

This is my playlist:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1eQU4bkwIZget1dvvpeHnI?si=DvqioltWTo-QPUtJhW-fyA

Haven’t seen enough AC/DC!

How a running playlist wouldn’t have Dirty Deeds done Dirt Cheap is beyond me!!!

Also agree with Enduro D Summers I feel love (extended version) is class

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I have Thunderstruck :D

I have Thunderstruck :D

I’m sure there’s a cure :)

TbL

Honourable shout out for Edie Brickell mmmmm

Great chill out song for a cool down

https://open.spotify.com/track/6hHUiDe461VUoTHnsplRYs?si=_9jFOW8vRLW0Xq8z8vzbWQ

TbL

I’m sure there’s a cure :)

TbL

Think its the cauliflower rice :D

Honourable shout out for Edie Brickell mmmmm

Great chill out song for a cool down

https://open.spotify.com/track/6hHUiDe461VUoTHnsplRYs?si=_9jFOW8vRLW0Xq8z8vzbWQ

TbL

Lots of stuff I loved...but would never publicly admit to :cool:

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Due to my inability to find suitable headphones I have pretty much returned to being a non music runner. Not one for multiple playlists or music for different paces either so I have near 100 tracks on my running playlist. Lots are repeats of what others have listed here. So I'll just list a few favourites....

Obviously enough Once in a Lifetime by Talking Heads makes the list along with Road to Nowhere.

Fück You - Lily Allen

Royals - Lorde

Santa Fe - The Waterboys

Come Along - Titiyo

Anything by Daft Punk

Extreme Ways - Moby

Last but not least would be Heartbeats by The Knife. This is the original that was totally destroyed by some Spanish lad with a guitar and then ended up on an ad for Sony TV.. :rolleyes:

My husband loves Moby and Daft Punk... Do you like Orbital?

I had to endure so much crankiness everytime that sony ad came on!

My husband loves Moby and Daft Punk... Do you like Orbital?

I had to endure so much crankiness everytime that sony ad came on!

Can't even pretend I know them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

This is my playlist:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1eQU4bkwIZget1dvvpeHnI?si=DvqioltWTo-QPUtJhW-fyA

How a running playlist wouldn’t have Dirty Deeds done Dirt Cheap is beyond me!!!

TbL

Some excellent music on that list - is it yours or a Spotify list you follow? I'm gonna have Kids in America going around in my head now when I'm trying to sleep!

Fück You - Lily Allen

Royals - Lorde

Santa Fe - The Waterboys

Come Along - Titiyo

Anything by Daft Punk

Extreme Ways - Moby

Lily Allen! I went through a phase of listening to her over and over, had forgotten, must add some of my old favourites back onto the list.

Some excellent music on that list - is it yours or a Spotify list you follow? I'm gonna have Kids in America going around in my head now when I'm trying to sleep!

It’s mine that I periodically added to. (Originally I had it on my daughters account hence the emfgal )

As you can see I showing my age with all the 80’s stuff :)

When I was young and spotty I used to be Wilde for Kim :)

TbL

• Advertisement

It’s mine that I periodically added to. (Originally I had it on my daughters account hence the emfgal )

As you can see I showing my age with all the 80’s stuff :)

When I was young and spotty I used to be Wilde for Kim :)

TbL

We are the same age (ish) but I rarely listen to 80s stuff although I am thoroughly enjoying the blasts from the past on others lists!

Can't even pretend I know them :pac:

Haahaa your musical tastes are very similar to his...if you give Chimes a listen you'll probably recognise them/it.

This is my playlist:

TbL

Some really good tunes in there! The Power of Love...what a song for the slow sets in a nightclub :D

Some really good tunes in there! The Power of Love...what a song for the slow sets in a nightclub :D

Indeed but this is the one all the spotty young lads would be waiting for...:)

https://open.spotify.com/track/3p441l1s27Pfo8at57EwEf?si=uJfruTuqR_Ov9SyIfBNc_Q

TbL

Indeed but this is the one all the spotty young lads would be waiting for...:)

https://open.spotify.com/track/3p441l1s27Pfo8at57EwEf?si=uJfruTuqR_Ov9SyIfBNc_Q

TbL
    Haha... here will you dance with my mate :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭UM1

Playlist from last years fiddyK

Here’s a playlist for you… Dondea 50k 2020 by The Race MC
    https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6YGya2CfIsXi3cGFgDhsk5?si=d5lfNpQvR_WCwcufwfLDpQ&utm_source=sms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭py

I am a big fan of podcasts. I mix it up with regards to genre or I get burnt out listening to the same thing over and over. Some of them have dropped off due to the pandemic. Here's my go to right now:

Sport
    Athletes Unfiltered - Strava Podcast - Pocast interviewing strava athletes of all levels
    The Coaching Bubble - Run by Irish Camogie association. Interviews with coaches from a variety of sports and levels. Well worth the listen if you are involved in coaching in any sport at any level.
    F1: Beyond The Grid - Weekly interviews during F1 season with people involved in F1. Some great interviews in here if you've an interest in motorsport.
    The Fit File - DC Rainmaker and GPlama discuss sports tech. Has died off a little due to covid, hopefully gets back up and running soon.
    Free Weekly Timed - Weekly parkrun podcast.
    From The Top - Interviews with founders within the cycling community.
    The Long Shot - New podcast dicussing people who were the "long shot" but made it. Very basketball/US centric.
    The Lowe Post - NBA podcast.
    Marathon Talk - Love MT. Sad to see Tony and Tom depart before the new year but Holly and Martin are rocking it so far.
    The Old Man and the Three - NBA podcast with some episodes on leadership thrown in.
    Stephen Scullion's Road to Tokyo 2020 - Scully keeps it real. Always listen to his episodes first if I've unread to work through.
    Trail Runner Nation - Good trail running podcast. Content a little repetitive atm due to covid. Usually great when races are on.
    TRAINED by Nike - Interviews with Nike athletes/coaches. Some good stuff in here.

Tech Related
    AWS Podcast - All things AWS.
    Breadcrumbs by Trace Labs - New podcast which discusses osint.
    The Cloud Pod - Public cloud related podcast. Use this to keep up to date for work.
    Command Line Heroes - Good podcast on learning the history of tech, whether it be well known history or otherwise.
    Darknet Diaries - One of my favourites. The host is a great story teller and it works for non tech people too.
    The Social Engineer Podcast - Name says it all.

Investigative
    Where is George Gibney? - Good podcast series. Some parts are tough listening to.
    The Missing Cryptoqueen - Good series but I'd check out the other ones in the list before getting to this.
    The Nobody Zone
    Serial - Only worked through S1 (reviewing a convicted killer's case) at the moment but very good thus far.
    The Teacher's Pet - Prominent Aussie rugby league star marries a former pupil, she goes missing. This podcast reviews the case decades later.
    The Edge: Houston Astros - Not a baseball fan but this was interesting insight in to how Houston "won" their championship a few years ago.

Misc - Unsure how to categorize some of these (and it's late so I want to zzz)
    180 Degrees - Podcast from SEAI. Very informative renewable energies podcast.
    Bonkers.ie - Some good episodes from the price comparison website.
    Dadcast - Misadventures in Parenting - Funny for parents. From the Off the Ball folks.
    Decoder Ring - from description... is a show about cracking cultural mysteries.
    Every Little Thing - Pure random topics. Short episodes make it easy to digest.
    How to Save a Planet - Climate change podcast. I find it very informative
    Real Health with Karl Henry - I'm 50/50 on this but keep subscribed. Even the positivity during it can be good right now.
    Science VS - Start with "Hunting an Invisible Killer", it'll give you an idea of what the series is like.

Music is good too...

Edit: a lot of links, hopefully all are correct and working. I'll check again in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Cool idea for a thread J or should I say healy1835 in light of comments in another thread!
    Haven't listened to music on my runs for few years given the one car width of the roads I use for the majority of my runs so no fancy Spotify playlists to add so will go with listing some of the stuff I used to have on my ipod!

Smells like teen spirit- Nirvana
    Even flow- Pearl Jam
    No one knows- Queens of the Stoneage
    Blood Sugar Sex Magik- RHCP
    The bends- Radiohead
    Paradise City- GnR
    Crawlin- Linkin Park
    Elevation- U2
    Gimme Shelter- The Rolling Stones
    All Along the watchtower- Jimi Hendrix
    Fight Music- D12
    Lose Yourself- Eminem
    Forgot about Dre- Dr Dre & Eminem
    Smack my b***h up- Prodigy
    Shipping out to Boston- Dropkick Murphy
    Buck Rogers- Feeder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,398 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I don’t listen to music while running anymore, but if I did I’d possibly put these together:

Warmup
    Bruce Springsteen - Youngstown
    Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
    Aslan - This Is
    Kate Bush - The Sensual World

Tempo
    Arctic Monkeys - 505
    Blondie - Heart of Glass
    The Clash - London Calling
    Bachman Turner Overdrive - You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet
    Pat Benatar - Love Is a Battlefield
    ELO - Livin’ Thing
    Chaka Khan - Ain’t Nobody

Cooldown
    The Beatles - I’ve Got A Feeling
    Taylor Swift - Last Great American Dynasty
    Pretenders - Private Life

Hmm. Kinda want to dig out the earphones now.

Advertisement