Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards AC Playlist

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

ariana` wrote: »
    Well you can imagine what it sounds like with 3 kids, the youngest of whom could barely pronounce many common English words, and a tone deaf mum singing along in a confined space :pac:

Haahaa thats the best way to sing any song :D

My eldest leaves the room when I sing and the dog scratches at the back door :o :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

I love this one!!!! Definitely stealing some. Can't believe I don't have Kelly Clarkson at all... I do have Shake it Off though :D

Another great Kelly one for running is Whole Lotta Woman :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭lulublue22

- My playlist includes the following :

The Clash - I fought the law , Train in Vain, London Calling

REM - Pop Song 89 , Ages of you , Carnival of Sorts
    Drive , Get Up

Kings of Leon - Beach Side , California Waiting , Closer , Crawl

The Frames - Downhill from here , Fitzcarraldo , Monument

The Stunning - An Empty Feeling

Mic Christopher - Heyday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

My HR definitely goes up if I'm listening to faster tunes, I try to keep those for tempo/faster runs and listen to some podcasts on an easy run.

This is a really great podcast although it's a specific audience and I'm not sure how many are here :p

Derval.ie playlist is one of my go to, it has a great mix of songs

Songs to Listen to in the Shower is another Spotify playlist I go back to again and again.

My running playlist which has a good few female power ballads (with good reason!). It'll be greatly expanded now after I go back through all the posts above and pick out a few more epic tunes!

Super thread Healy1835!

Thanks found Leona Lewis - Run, on your playlist and added to my easy running one. Really uplifting, love how it builds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

lulublue22 wrote: »
    - My playlist includes the following :

The Clash - I fought the law , Train in Vain, London Calling

REM - Pop Song 89 , Ages of you , Carnival of Sorts
    Drive , Get Up

Kings of Leon - Beach Side , California Waiting , Closer , Crawl

The Frames - Downhill from here , Fitzcarraldo , Monument

The Stunning - An Empty Feeling

Mic Christopher - Heyday

All classics!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Butterbeans

I've only run with earphones in on 2 occasions and both of those were within the last month for my long run. I have to say I enjoyed it.

First outing I listened to Is it New Wave? a Spotify playlist
    https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX3Gj7nguS95W?si=Cg_TKD_BTqSML6CTXa9p3g&utm_source=copy-link
    and second outing to a podcast. I'd have to side with the tunes off my very limited experience, although in hindsight my choice of podcast wasn't stellar - listening to gorey details from a true crime podcast and running in the dark is not a great combination.

I'll be getting my own playlist started.
    Great thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭passinginterest

Never really got into listening to music while running but interesting thread nonetheless. I always found my tempo changed with every song. Maybe the way to do it is have easy, tempo and fast playlists.

Can't believe there's no "Running up that hill", "Eye of the Tiger" or "Rocky Theme Song" yet!

Listening to a Spotify playlist called "Raised on Rock" at the moment and there's a good mix in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Unknownability

I've only run with earphones in on 2 occasions and both of those were within the last month for my long run. I have to say I enjoyed it.

First outing I listened to Is it New Wave? a Spotify playlist
    https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX3Gj7nguS95W?si=Cg_TKD_BTqSML6CTXa9p3g&utm_source=copy-link
    and second outing to a podcast. I'd have to side with the tunes off my very limited experience, although in hindsight my choice of podcast wasn't stellar - listening to gorey details from a true crime podcast and running in the dark is not a great combination.

I'll be getting my own playlist started.
    Great thread!

I love listening to true crime, case files is my go to podcast.

Even though I love them I find the more complex ones that invole a lot of people, plots and dates very hard to follow when running.

Also there are certain podcasts that don't transfer onto a Garmin from Spotify, I haven't found any rhyme or reason for it.

I love listening to true crime, case files is my go to podcast.

Even though I love them I find the more complex ones that invole a lot of people, plots and dates very hard to follow when running.

Also there are certain podcasts that don't transfer onto a Garmin from Spotify, I haven't found any rhyme or reason for it.

It was Casefile I was listening to, it's great. I have listened to a few other true crime podcasts but they're not a patch on Casefile.
    Just not while running perhaps :-)

It was Casefile I was listening to, it's great. I have listened to a few other true crime podcasts but they're not a patch on Casefile.

Have you listened to S Town?

• Advertisement

Have you listened to S Town?

I have. Intriguing.
    I also found the first series of Serial very good.

I have. Intriguing.
    I also found the first series of Serial very good.

Yeah, I listened to the first series of Serial and didn't make it through the first episode of the second season.

The Nobody Zone is OK, it's based on an Irish serial killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Great thread!
    I have been told on numerous times that my mix of music taste leaves a lot to be desired so here goes! My Run Forrest Run playlist(one of many playlists) is

Belter - Gerry Cinnamon
    Don't stop me now - Queen
    Stronger- Kelly Clarkson
    Dance Monkey- Tones & I
    All about that bass - Meghan Trainor
    Titanium - David Guetta & Sia
    Hall of Fame - The Script & Will.i.am
    Lose Yourself - Eminem
    Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen
    The Edge of Glory - Lady Gaga
    Forever - Chris Brown
    Runnin - Naughty Boy
    November Rain - Guns N Roses
    Dignity - Deacon Blue
    Together in Electric dreams - The Human League
    Diamonds in the Mud - Gerry Cinnamon
    Chandelier- Sia
    Canter - Gerry Cinnamon
    Take on me - Aha
    The River - Bruce Springsteen
    Real Gone kid - Deacon Blue
    Sun Queen - Gerry Cinnamon
    Dancing in the Dark - Bruce Springsteen
    Go your own way - Fleetwood Mac
    Under pressure- Queen & David Bowie
    In the Air tonight - Phil Collins (most times I do air drums to that iconic drum bit)
    Eye of the Tiger - Survivor ( yep I also do little boxing jabs to the start of this depending on whos around :) )

Anything by Underworld for faster running, it's driving and anthemic.

If going for a long trail run, probably a true crime podcast, since lockdown have gone through Mens Rea, My Favorite Murder, S Town, Bear Brook, Shreds and a few others...

Yeah, I listened to the first series of Serial and didn't make it through the first episode of the second season.

The Nobody Zone is OK, it's based on an Irish serial killer.

Yeah, second series of Serial was muck.
    Nice one, I'll check that out.

All classics!

Showing my age I think - can’t even link to spotify :)

Some great tunes listed - may need to add a playlist or two !

Great thread!
    I have been told on numerous times that my mix of music taste leaves a lot to be desired so here goes! My Run Forrest Run playlist(one of many playlists) is

Belter - Gerry Cinnamon
    Don't stop me now - Queen
    Stronger- Kelly Clarkson
    Dance Monkey- Tones & I
    All about that bass - Meghan Trainor
    Titanium - David Guetta & Sia
    Hall of Fame - The Script & Will.i.am
    Lose Yourself - Eminem
    Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen
    The Edge of Glory - Lady Gaga
    Forever - Chris Brown
    Runnin - Naughty Boy
    November Rain - Guns N Roses
    Dignity - Deacon Blue
    Together in Electric dreams - The Human League
    Diamonds in the Mud - Gerry Cinnamon
    Chandelier- Sia
    Canter - Gerry Cinnamon
    Take on me - Aha
    Real Gone kid - Deacon Blue
    Sun Queen - Gerry Cinnamon
    Dancing in the Dark - Bruce Springsteen
    Go your own way - Fleetwood Mac
    Under pressure- Queen & David Bowie
    In the Air tonight - Phil Collins (most times I do air drums to that iconic drum bit)
    Eye of the Tiger - Survivor ( yep I also do little boxing jabs to the start of this depending on whos around :) )

This is fab, have stolen a few and added to my list, must listen to a few others I don't recognise

Together in Electric dreams was one of the first singles I ever bought! Happy memories :) but isn't it Phil Oakey?

Healy how are you going to choose which songs go into the Boards playlist!!!!! So many great tunes to pick :)

This is fab, have stolen a few and added to my list, must listen to a few others I don't recognise

Together in Electric dreams was one of the first singles I ever bought! Happy memories :) but isn't it Phil Oakey?

Yeah originally but I love the version The Human League did :)

I have Deacon Blue Dignity too!! I love that song!

• Advertisement

It's brill...they are class!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Healy how are you going to choose which songs go into the Boards playlist!!!!! So many great tunes to pick :)

By Heart Rate Zone!

And since he started the thread he must listen to every recommendation!

It's brill...they are class!

They are... I also have Hue and Cry - Looking for Linda :o and sometimes when it and Deacon Blue come on back to back - its just bliss! (I don't have premium so everything is shuffle... Even the run itself :D)

They are... I also have Hue and Cry - Looking for Linda :o and sometimes when it and Deacon Blue come on back to back - its just bliss! (I don't have premium so everything is shuffle... Even the run itself :D)

Love it! :D

same here - was only listening to it at the weekend - first time in ages :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Brilliant!!

Although I'm picturing the fright some old dear out walking her little pooch would get as you run towards her lost in your music!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Chocolate Girl is better.......

OOnegative wrote: »
    Chocolate Girl is better.......
    Ah stop... I had to you tube it I never knew the same of the song...haven't heard it in years!! Totally forgot about it. I used to have a paisley shirt like yer man's in the video :D

ETA Better than Dignity though... No way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Feel suddenly very old considering not too many 80's songs are on people's playlists, but might I recommend these few

https://open.spotify.com/track/3QDbZBqR93chaaMuNScmrc?si=436fa06e870543a8
    From the opening scene of Blade

https://open.spotify.com/track/2BIBRdXDHMmzOcZrMeuBi8?si=64ece04e11a64e7a
    MySunrise

and again showing my age
    https://open.spotify.com/track/34x6hEJgGAOQvmlMql5Ige?si=11775aed542d464d
    Top Gun Danger zone :o

I have three playlists, 5k, 10k and a big running one, With the 5 and 10k ones I nearly know from listening to them so often just how long I've been out.

For longer runs, I listen to podcasts which tend to be nerdy science based, such as the infinite monkey cage and my current favourite
    https://open.spotify.com/show/5t4keSVD2zRQuUEtwuoq4V?si=Pv5sS1lBRYC7--kCeTxLGg
    Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
    Download them to my watch or if feeling lazy bring the phone which always has a queue of podcasts available for walking for the dogs.

• Advertisement

Brilliant!!

Although I'm picturing the fright some old dear out walking her little pooch would get as you run towards her lost in your music!

Hahaha you & me both! I just feel sorry for anyone who hears me sing...I wouldn't exactly have a singing voice:eek::P

Advertisement