Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ITV - Unforgotten [** SPOILERS **]

• 18-10-2015 8:06pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Watching this at the minute - its 2 episodes in ...

Good story , pretty decent cast, well worth a watch at just 6 episodes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Not to resurrect an old thread but...
    Season 4 starts on 22nd Feb on it..cannot wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭qwerty13

Wasn’t that gone on S3. I thought S1 was very good - but S2 blew me away, I recommended it to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭johnire

This is one of the best series out there. Nicola Walker is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Cannot wait for this. One of the best crime procedurals on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭billyhead

It's very good. Also if you haven't seen it Broadchurch is brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

This is on ITV, which isn’t on the Virgin Media service. Anyone know if any of the VM channels are showing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

bogmanfan wrote: »
    This is on ITV, which isn’t on the Virgin Media service. Anyone know if any of the VM channels are showing it?

RTE have shown all three seasons so far, so they probably will have it again. They normally show it over the summer, so probably have to wait a few months for it to air.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭sporina

Just finished this,.. v good - but I didn't quiet follow all of it (my own fault - have been distracted)... what did Sir Philip go to prison for in the end? There was something about a fire but I missed that?? And I know he offered to pay to have your man in Cypress killed - what was it that he didn't want him to tell the cops?
    TIA

New series, starting in 7 minutes on ITV!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

gmisk wrote: »
    New series, starting in 7 minutes on ITV!

Good show, can't wait to watch it in the coming weeks.

Some good itv shows nowadays, Marcella is another one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I can’t wait... must watch in real time as I can’t record ITV on sky box.... will be a bit tired tomorrow but it will be worth. Love Nicola Walker...

Lisha wrote: »
    I can’t wait... must watch in real time as I can’t record ITV on sky box.... will be a bit tired tomorrow but it will be worth. Love Nicola Walker...
    I am same tbh.

I was considering just watching later on ITV hub but rather not wait!

Glad they have same theme song.
    Opening titles are always very interesting as well!

gmisk wrote: »
    I am same tbh.

I was considering just watching later on ITV hub but rather not wait!

Glad they have same theme song.
    Opening titles are always very interesting as well!

I failed to log into ITV hub.... I’m useless at clever tech stuff

Well that was an excellent first episode.
    Everything a bit more tied together in last little section.
    I am hooked!

Such an excellent group of actors and beautifully shot rural and urban scenes.

Lisha wrote: »
    Such an excellent group of actors and beautifully shot rural and urban scenes.
    Totally agree.
    Some cracking new actors in that cast, Susan lynch and Sheila Hancock are always excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Great episode. Much much preferred it to the new James Nesbitt series lastnight. Only gripe is it’s ITV, the ad breaks make the episode feel a bit short.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭brian_t

I sometimes fast-forward throught the credits of programmes I have recorded.
    The title sequences for each series of ITV’s Unforgotten are carefully constructed to contain major clues and character-forming memories.

Each 40-second title sequence for Unforgotten is a curated collection of purpose-filmed scenes designed to go where the drama can’t – namely, inside the characters’ heads. Every series starts with the discovery of a long-buried body, then introduces viewers to a guest cast of characters whose connections to each other, and to the historical murder, gradually unfold. It takes six episodes to solve the mystery, but right from the start, the abstracted and symbolic images created for the title sequence already hold all the answers.
    https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/unforgotten-the-clues-in-the-titles-and-why-every-detail-matters/

Episode 2 of the new series, didn't move the story along massively but still hugely enjoyable really fleshed out the main players.

Sheila Hancock is only in a couple of scenes but wow she is absolutely horrible! That Ram fella also seems to be a real bad un too
    but would the fact he is digging into his colleague (accusing him of sexual harassment) to get some dirt on her not be tracked on a system? Pretty stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Seasons 1,2&3 are on Netflix.

Average 45min each episode, so moves along quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭sporina

i am currently on Season 3.. love UF

• Registered Users Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭brian_t

Moves to tomorrow Tuesday for one week only.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,188 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks for the heads up, that's obviously because of the BIG interview.
    I have to watch it live, can't record ITV on Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Thanks for the warning. I’d have missed it as I just assumed it wouldn’t be on this week. Such a strange experience having to watch something live and no catch up tv :pac:

Another cracking episode
    Great ending cannot wait for next one

• Registered Users Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

is Sanjeev Bhaskar's part in this just to stand around looking grim?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 gem16

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Thanks for the warning. I’d have missed it as I just assumed it wouldn’t be on this week. Such a strange experience having to watch something live and no catch up tv :pac:

Too right - it's bizarre waiting a full week! Worth it though. Plus time to grab a cuppa during the (many) adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭CoBo55

It's fantastic, my recordable ITV card makes it very handy, best nifty I ever spent;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭topdecko

whats the craic with season 4? when will it be on catch up. just finished season 3. superbly crafted series. Think they have nailed the vibe between Cassie and Sunny. One of the better crime series on the box at the moment.

Advertisement