Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITV - Unforgotten [** SPOILERS **]

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,857 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I thought it was really good, Keenan was terrific and she had some serious shoes to fill. Her and Sunny had good chemistry.

But some of the storylines seemed a bit pointless...

The social worker being blackmailed wasn't really at all relevant? Bar him being able to confirm Lord Tony was at the scene?

Plus the cult in Wales?! the guy who lead it was a dad of one of the kids? (I think)...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I finished it yesterday, and really liked it.

I like the background stories, it makes it more realistic. Jess having marital woes this time around, Cassie had her dad's issues before, and her own retirement and relationship problems. Sunny's marriage broke down early on if I recall.

I especially liked how they all found it difficult to warm to Jess, and how awkward it was for them all. I hope there'll be more seasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭delboy85

I also finished it yesterday.

Thought it was very, very good.

I thought Sinead Keenan was terrific in it and did a great job (considering what big shoes she had to fill).

I didn't even realise there was a new series until I saw it mentioned somewhere after the first episode aired. And then it was great to discover that all 6 episodes were available on ITVX.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Thought series 5 overall was excellent, however I found the finale to be quite a disappointment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I agree, the ending was totally unrealistic, as we well know people like Sir Anthony Hume never take the blame for anything, unless of course in the next season he pleads Not guilty...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think I'm still not over the end to season 4!

I found season 5 a bit harder to follow, and the ending was a bit thrown together with no defining resolution, but that may have been down to watching the season intermittently.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭dermo2014

Season 5 starts tonight Monday at 10:35 on RTE1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Radio5

Watching this at the moment on RTE One. Enjoyable so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭waywill1966

All five series are on the RTE Player! Its definitely worth a binge,Nicola Walker is superb in it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Series 1-4 - excellent.

Series 5 - Meh. Unrealistic, dislikable characters, and infected with Chris Lang's lefty political views.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Radio5

Ending for series 5 wasn't great, it felt rushed. Hume is terminally ill so that might have influenced his behaviour at the end.

I felt the supporting characters weren't as compelling as in previous seasons. Only 2, Hume and Ebele made the grade for me. It has always been a great strength of the series and I felt that element wasn't strong here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭brian_t

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

And so it begins.

Advertisement